• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2014 gameplay footage

rvy

Banned
Holy shit at the animation quality, this is amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=sH7Kc8Gk2OY&hd=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?d&v=c6Rur2nU6NM

[New & Official] E3 Trailer HD [PES 2014]

947061_10151482257159327_1598028592_n.jpg

1013917_10151482257229327_762509350_n.jpg

94552810151482256914327.jpg

99814110151482256934327.jpg

10111241015148225700432.jpg

rvy

Banned
How the hell did they manage to make the game look this good in motion? Holy crap, this is beyond FIFA 14 right here. It's brilliant.

PaulLFC

This looks fantastic. I can't see the second video though, maybe it doesn't work on mobile?

I wish there was a PS4 version coming, but I'll take this. Looks great.

Edit: can see the video now.

Kiraly

Any next-gen FIFA footage from the showfloor yet? Would love to see a comparison.

Take back the crown already, PES!

SparkTR

Looks nice, last PES I was obsessed with was PES5 on PS2, I could never get into Fifa for some reason. I'll check it out if it's on Steam.

I remember when PES was king. FIFA is still consistently good year after year. Looks are great, but does it play as well as FIFA?

I don't like sports games but this is genuinly GOOD animation ,damn.

Considering this gen has been plagued by horrible horrible horrible animation it's nice to see something that looks this natural.

so i haven't seen fifa 2014 footage but i doubt it looks better than this. they're using fox engine? it's fucking solid. give them the damn license. such smooth animation

fresquito

I'm so out of the loop. I can't understand what's so amazing about this. Anybody knowing a little about football will agree this looks nothing like what real football looks like.

I hope one day someone goes the 2k route.

SpaceHorror

Christ that looks amazing.

I really hope option files still work next gen, if so I may go PES and abandon FIFA completely.

Zemm

I'm so out of the loop. I can't understand what's so amazing about this. Anybody knowing a little about football will agree this looks nothing like what real football looks like.

I hope one day someone goes the 2k route.

Just like Fifa neither game plays out like a real football game, it's by far my biggest annoyance with these games that aim for realism (lol), they sacrifice fun for something that isn't attainable.

k0ji-wd

Parts of that trailer looked amazing, especially that solo run from the Santos player. . .assuming that's in-game animation, it's so far and above what we've seen in FIFA.

Just shits me there's no next gen version, but I'm assuming Konami's football division doesn't have the resources EA does.

Kikujiro

Holy shit guys hold me, at the end of this generation we can finally say the king is back. Next generation PES is gonna be awesome. Thank you based Kojima for Fox Engine.

sohois

Really don't understand the lack of a next gen version; given that the consoles lack BC it would be difficult for someone who didn't own PS/360 to play it (I have played the previous entries on PC, but my laptop is on its last legs and I will not have the income to replace if I wish to purchase a new console).

Why not simply offer a 1080p, 60fps version on the next gen consoles? I would be shocked if the cost of porting outweighed the profits from such a maneuver.

Looks weird.
But at least looks like a new game. I wonder if there will be a possibility to test FIFA and PES in their next-gen/PC version at GamesCom. Personally I don't really care anymore about current gen.

jonnyp

Really don't understand the lack of a next gen version; given that the consoles lack BC it would be difficult for someone who didn't own PS/360 to play it (I have played the previous entries on PC, but my laptop is on its last legs and I will not have the income to replace if I wish to purchase a new console).

Why not simply offer a 1080p, 60fps version on the next gen consoles? I would be shocked if the cost of porting outweighed the profits from such a maneuver.

Well, I think their community manager basically they don't have the resources. I'd imagine that meant manpower as well as financials.

rvy

Banned
I wish they would release the presentation where the gameplay came from. It seems like Masuda stops and uses replay to talk about some tech.
@OfficialPES is tweeting about a new trailer in 30 mins, I think they're high and don't realize their own YouTube page already released the E3 Trailer.

Found the gameplay with sound. Neat

Splatt

Goddamn it looks amazing.

I just hope that when they release the demo, the final game won't differ that much from it, like previous iterations.

Top Bottom