• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES18 announced. Releases 14th of September.

PaulLFC

Not the best capture, but the facial expressions do seem improved:

8A47qYO.gif

i4llxfr.gif

_Legacy_

The sales tell a different story.

LOL, when have sales ever depicted the quality of a game?

I converted back to PES last year, after several years with FIFA and it was the better football game. FIFA wins on polish and presentation, I don't think that will ever change. Also, FUT is too big a monster, majority of people buy FIFA just for that game mode.

LOL, when have sales ever depicted the quality of a game?

I converted back to PES last year, after several years with FIFA and it was the better football game. FIFA wins on polish and presentation, I don't think that will ever change. Also, FUT is too big a monster, majority of people buy FIFA just for that game mode.

That's the only reason I play FIFA lol. I love collecting cards, reminds me of football stickers from years ago. Until PES can rival that I will not make the full switch. PES still have far superior gameplay though.

_Legacy_

That's the only reason I play FIFA lol. I love collecting cards, reminds me of football stickers from years ago. Until PES can rival that I will not make the full switch. PES still have far superior gameplay though.

It's been the most played mode for ages, I think EA release stats (number of games played for each mode) for the last version and it was nearly a landslide. I admit, I do miss FUT but Master League for me beats FIFA career mode.

Jingo

I just want a 2vs2 search mode, im tired of looking for rooms to play, and tired of doig a room and wait till 3 players enter, even then, i have to hope they dont choose just one player to control.

LAM09

I just want a 2vs2 search mode, im tired of looking for rooms to play, and tired of doig a room and wait till 3 players enter, even then, i have to hope they dont choose just one player to control.

It's been a mess for quite a while in that regard. Hope the 2v2 & 3v3 is set up properly.

RaginRoss

PES2017 was great, best since PES6.

As long as the 2v2 stuff below means a proper matchmaking mode rather than the archaic lobby system or something similar then that's perfect.

Only real issue I had with the gameplay was headers, if they tone those down a bit I'm happy there.

Only other thing i'd want would be a proper team strength filter for online divisions. I know they give more season points for using weaker teams, but it still resulted in far too many games against the same teams over and over and it's very repetitive.

Can't wait. PES17 is far and away the best footy game ever made, I'm still playing it almost daily. Hopefully they don't stray too far away from it.

lohankain

Happy with the news in Master League mode. It's been my favorite mode since Winning Eleven 4 and I hope they keep improving it.

Griss

Additionally, the game has been refined to reflect a more realistic pace.

...this worries me. They're going to slow it down? Make it more like Fifa? That's the last thing I'd want.

Hopefully, they've made the highest difficult, you know... actually difficult.

As much as I loved the gameplay of 17, it was no use to me since the opposition posed absolutely no challenge whatsoever. They were slow and stupid and as an offline player that was a game-breaker.

cormack12

Gold Member
PES 2017 was excellent. I bought Fifa on sale and it'sclear they aren't really arsed about the general football game now. The Journey and ultimate team is where that cash is. And that's what people buy it for so fair play.

I remember Konami saying that a lot of their sales and most passionate fans are Latin American and that market is still heavily saturated with the PS3 (think Brazil), and they don't just want to abandon them.

Be interesting to see if they can build on the promising direction of PES17 or whether they will be held back from making another stride instead of step forward.

SugarDave

Thank fuck the PC version will be up to par (hopefully). I had a hankering to try last year's game recently but heard the PC version was borked. I'll probably get this in a sale sometime early next year.

labaronx

It's been the most played mode for ages, I think EA release stats (number of games played for each mode) for the last version and it was nearly a landslide. I admit, I do miss FUT but Master League for me beats FIFA career mode.

As someone whose never played a soccer game, which would be best for a beginner this year fifa or pes

Kindekuma

Banned
With Fox Engine we'll get PES on last gen for years. Glad the PC version will actually be a current gen port.

Also Konami better get on that Switch market or EA will dominate completely.

feel

I refuse to get excited for a good pc version, you'll probably need 4-way sli of the latest Titans to brute force your way to performance and visual parity with the ancient ps4 hardware.

Grassy

I refuse to get excited for a good pc version, you'll probably need 4-way sli of the latest Titans to brute force your way to performance and visual parity with the ancient ps4 hardware.

Football games have never been the most demanding games on PC, and seeing as PES 2017 runs at native 4K/60fps on PS4 Pro I don't think you'll need a beefy PC to get good performance and IQ. The Steam store page is up, no mention of rminimum/recommended specs yet though - http://store.steampowered.com/app/592580/Pro_Evolution_Soccer_2018/

On another note, E3 is going to be unbearable this year with the constant Switch port-whining. Fuck me.

Top Bottom