• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PGR5 speculation thread Lucid dreams with Rare side effects?

Shaneus

Read this earlier post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=57540650&postcount=485

8-12,000 people online isn't too shabby for a forgotten gem. I have both Xbox and PC versions and yep, the PC version is dead online thanks to hackers.
I knew I read it somewhere! Hunting down 360 version now, would love to muck around online with it... never bothered trying online with the PC one, but loved playing offline with it (which is bizarre).

I BELIEVE!!!!!
That's the spirit!

lN4rRAvm.png

saladine1

I wonder what kind of locations will be in the game..?

Sydney has to make a return for sure.

project_gotham_racing_drcc.jpg

I think it was Juiced 2 that last featured our great city.

lN4rRAvm.png

Shaneus

I wish there was an easy way for me to play PGR2 again :(

I need to find my Xbox component cable/box... damnit.

Edit: Juiced 2 had Sydney? Holy shit... I bought that for PC ages ago but never installed it.

Somehow I doubt that. Even a month after Blur came out it read something like 200 people playing online. But maybe the counter was broke. I still heavily doubt there are that many people playing Blur.

And I'm not giving up hope yet. If not from Lucid, then elsewhere, and that reveal does not remove the chance of them still showing up on the 21st.

The overall online counter is probably a bit busted (Or counts people on in the last few hours) but you are getting at least 1,500-2000 playing Powered Up Racing playlists or 1000 in the skirmish lists the majority of the time and it's ridiculously easy to get a full house of 20 players in a Powered Up Racing lobby. On the 360 mind you. Can't speak for the PC or PS3. But it's still pretty full.

Shame it never got a bit of a balance patch though. The FR-100 is ridiculously overpowered in A-Class.

TJP

project_gotham_racing_drcc.jpg
Oh yes! Another reason why PGR 2 was great - so many great cities and city circuits. I had an old Hyper magazine in which they guys from Bizarre Creations were interviewed whilst here in Oz taking reference photos for PGR 2.

Mascot

Bah, The Rocks was all well and good but my old stomping ground in Coogee would have been better with it's San Francisco-style streets. And what better landmark than the CBH?

;)

saladine1

Bah, The Rocks was all well and good but my old stomping ground in Coogee would have been better with it's San Francisco-style streets. And what better landmark than the CBH?

;)

You used to live down here mate?

lol, I don't the the Coogee Bay Hotel can compare as a backdrop to Sydney Harbour bridge.

Besides, we waste millions of dollars each year on the bridge in the effort of being recognized as the 'place to be' on New Years Eve.

itnC07N.jpg

saladine1

What if it's Forza: Something Something by Lucid?

jb1Q5pPAy8M1vm.jpg

Head of Lucid playing Forza. STRANGE.

I honestly believe that Turn 10 will be taking the lead in announcing, promoting..etc Lucid's game in the same way they did with Playground's Horizon. In saying that, there will certainly be a FORZA: in the title. Couple that with Greenawalt's ambition on expanding the Forza brand beyond FM.

Forza Motorsport
Forza Horizon
Forza...It's not exactly PGR but it's like PGR

This year, we'll have the PGR successor, next year FM5 and Horizon 2 the year after that.

If it is PGR I hope it has nothing tying it to the Forza brand. I want the next PGR to have the possibility for proper expansions to the game, and not just the easy to do/milk the crowd car packs that get churned out for Forza games.

tasos

I honestly believe that Turn 10 will be taking the lead in announcing, promoting..etc Lucid's game in the same way they did with Playground's Horizon. In saying that, there will certainly be a FORZA: in the title. Couple that with Greenawalt's ambition on expanding the Forza brand beyond FM.
Forza Motorsport
Forza Horizon
Forza...It's not exactly PGR but it's like PGR
This year, we'll have the PGR successor, next year FM5 and Horizon 2 the year after that.

If he does it , he'll just weak the impact of the Forza name ... if it's on every game and every year , it just stops to be special .
I don't want the name forza on anything PGR related .

Shaneus

Oh yes! Another reason why PGR 2 was great - so many great cities and city circuits. I had an old Hyper magazine in which they guys from Bizarre Creations were interviewed whilst here in Oz taking reference photos for PGR 2.
Do you remember which one? I know I'd have it, because I have pretty much all of them up to around #100 or so. Damnit! Be a bitch to find, too.

What if it was themed after the console...

"Forza Infinity"

"PGR Infinity" would sound nice.
Project Gotham Infinite.

I wish there was an easy way for me to play PGR2 again :(

I need to find my Xbox component cable/box... damnit.

Edit: Juiced 2 had Sydney? Holy shit... I bought that for PC ages ago but never installed it.

PGR2 (and 1) were added late in the going to the backcompat list.

Shaneus

PGR2 (and 1) were added late in the going to the backcompat list.
Yeah, but there was a problem with PGR2 where one of the menu screens (I think the one where you picked your car?) was completely black. COMPLETELY.

Beats me how something like RSC2 will play near-perfectly with BC (using a hacked form of BC that would attempt to play all Xbox 1 titles, using a JTAG 360) and not get official support, yet something that was significantly broken like PGR1 (so much slowdown, nowhere near 60fps) and PGR2 (said screen problem) were available.

Those bike additions were horrible.
I think they could've been better balanced. I was playing around with them only yesterday for the first time (at least, for the first time where I put some significant time into them) and they rode/drove beautifully with the on-bike camera. But whenever I tried to use them online, they were just too broken because any tiny love-tap meant the rider just fell off his bike completely.

But actually racing them in a time trial (for example) was just brilliant. Great sound, too.

Yeah, but there was a problem with PGR2 where one of the menu screens (I think the one where you picked your car?) was completely black. COMPLETELY.

Ah, well that's not good. I tried it recently myself, and I don't remember having a problem, but then again I didn't do much beyond hot lapping. It was still sublime though. The car physics are still a perfect match for the tracks and the game itself. My favorite physics in the whole series. My favorite lots of stuff, really.

Shaneus

Ah, well that's not good. I tried it recently myself, and I don't remember having a problem, but then again I didn't didn't do much beyond hot lapping. It was still sublime though. The car physics are still a perfect match for the tracks and the game itself. My favorite physics in the whole series. My favorite lots of stuff, really.
May only be the PAL version? Hm, I'm not sure. I suspect that might be the case.

Shaneus

Ah, well that's not good. I tried it recently myself, and I don't remember having a problem, but then again I didn't do much beyond hot lapping. It was still sublime though. The car physics are still a perfect match for the tracks and the game itself. My favorite physics in the whole series. My favorite lots of stuff, really.
Okay, I've attempted to (re)play PGR2 on the 360 and it's actually not too bad. On the car select screen, if you move the selector up and down you can see the screen for long enough to see what car you're choosing. You can't see the next screen, however, and I'm not sure exactly what screen that is. I don't think it's significant, though. It runs REALLY well, though. I saw some minor slowdown when I ran into something, but other than that, it's super smooth the rest of the time.

Can't access any of my old DLC though, so I'm gonna have to replay it on the OG Xbox if I wanna access Gay Paris or any of the others.

What's REALLY done my head in, though, is that I flicked on the radio in Sydney and this was the first song that was listed::
Maktub - You Can't Hide

Why?

I only started listening to them very recently (as in, the last six months), and the album with that song is the only one I could actually find. It's also my favourite song on the album.

The only reason I started listening to that album is because Maktub are (were?) fronted by none other than rad comedian Reggie Watts.

Sorry, that just freaked me out a little.

Let's listen to some Wiswell magic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIyAgW8ekSQ&feature=youtu.be

You can distinguish the sounds from cockpit,bonnet and external views quite easily.
You can clearly hear the DSP effects especially in the race cars.
I love the straight cut gear whine effects in PGR4.
Also love the wastegate chatter/BOV of the Radical cars .

Sogood.gif
Your YouTube channel. I like it.

Also, I think now I want to meet the person who selected the music in PGR2. And why the hell some obscure US band fronted by a (now) comedian made the playlist. Of a Sydney radio station.
And kiss them.

TJP

Do you remember which one? I know I'd have it, because I have pretty much all of them up to around #100 or so. Damnit! Be a bitch to find, too.
I'll have a look but I can't guarantee that I'll find it. Hopefully our friends at Lucid have a copy of said interview tucked away somewhere!

As dumb as this sounds, PGR5 is the ONE game that would make me consider getting a 720 within the launch window.
It's not dumb at all to think that as if there is a PGR game that either is from Lucid or looks promising, it'll be a Xbox that I buy...if not then PS4 plus a GPU upgrade for my PC.

Top Bottom