• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PGR5 speculation thread Lucid dreams with Rare side effects?

Shaneus

Something's still up, though... too much stuff made sense in the speculation thread for it to just lead to an iOS game.

It's just like a surprise party, and we've hit the point where you realise that no-one actually gives two shits about your birthday. At E3, we come home and Lucid yells "SURPRISE" with a big ol' PGR5 cake.

Downloading that thing now though, just to see if there's enough in there to cover what BADNED was hinting at. Just to be sure. Also gonna suss out the file structure of that game, see if I can see anything in there ;) One last hope is that this is a partner game for something that'll be released on console as well. Only thing that would explain why it's free.

PS. 2K Drive is a shitty, shitty name. What, am I only driving for two kilometres? How silly.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
tumblr_lgupumDFAF1qcfba3o1_500.gif

TheOddOne
(Today, 06:11 PM)

Shaneus

Haha, holy fuck guys. THEY HAVE BOWLING IN IT.

The thing definitely screams "Bizarre" as far as presentation goes (apart from the freemium, ugh) and features a lot of things that seem quite out of place on a touchscreen racer (like having music that's persistent across loading screens).

Fake edit: Oh man, they've gone the Real Racing 3 route. There's "fuel" and damage that carries across that I can "repair". :(

Real edit: Basically, this looks to be identical to RR3, at least in the majority of how it's structured. Limited "fuel" that recharges over time, and damage I can "repair" for some kind of fee. Except this really does have bowling as well :/

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgupumDFAF1qcfba3o1_500.gif[IMG]

TheOddOne
(Today, 06:11 PM)[/QUOTE]

haha it makes sense. He make a new Halo thread, the community is ripped apart and his thread locked. He makes a PGR5 thread, and this happens. OFF WITH HIS MOTHER FUCKING HEAD!

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I haven't been following this thread or project, just passing by here and there, but holy shit what a disappointment.

Shaneus

maybe they still do want to...and by them not saying anything, with everyone getting excited and getting their hopes up...it would show Microsoft that their audience wants PGR5.

That's just my theory...I mean they could've just came out at the beginning and dispelled rumors. But you think about what incentive would they have by holding back? What PGR fans would buy this surprise IOS game? no, I don't think that's the case...I think they just wanted interest to build up, so maybe..just maybe a new PGR game would get funded.
This makes sense. I might stick with this.

Perhaps not as fervently as I was with everything else, but... maybe.

PS. Don't forget:
S2e798N.png

PPS. For what it's worth, I PMed BADNED about this post I made on his cryptic clues and he said I was "50% right". So make of that what you will... I don't think I can be fucked correlating any of what he said with this release right now, coming off too little sleep.

notsofast

Neo Member
No PGR5 no care.

Been following this thread on and off and to say that Im fucking pissed off right now is an understatement. Guess Ill have to go play PGR4 to ease the disappointment. Should make me feel better driving the streets of Quebec in my DBR9.

benzy

MS has abandoned PGR guys. Give up before it's too late, lest we become like Shenmue fans, holding on to hope but only to be disappointed, over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over

Why was PGR dropped though?

Didnt it do strong sales? Then Microsoft fell out with Bizarre and they released a week or so after Halo 3. Which gave it no chance.

PGR 4 did sell 2m copies, but most of that was in Europe. So I guess it didnt appeal to Americans like Forza did.

Shaneus

At least I was right about one thing: I told you guys it was a mobile game. :lol
You fucker, you jinxed it. I HATE YOU.

Honestly, I would feel even more sad if it was PGR5 for the Xbone.
Kind of this. But it also means that if they've seen the reaction and thought "hey, maybe there's some money in making a new PGR5"... it wouldn't be for the 360. Not this late in it's lifecycle (if you count another year or two's dev time from now).

Shaneus

The dream is over, man. We must move on.
I ask a question about PGR and the first thing he says is that they don't discuss what they're working on?

PS. Other people's games/IPs could just refer to it being Microsoft's IP or that it's technically Rare's game, but Lucid are heavily working on it with them. Did we even see anything from Rare at E3? Pretty unusual considering they're such a prominent first-party dev and have worked on things like the Kinect Sports, Banjo, Viva Piñata and Perfect Dark franchises.

I ask a question about PGR and the first thing he says is that they don't discuss what they're working on?

PS. Other people's games/IPs could just refer to it being Microsoft's IP or that it's technically Rare's game, but Lucid are heavily working on it with them. Did we even see anything from Rare at E3?

Can't wait for a sequel.

oQ0knqP.jpg

PS. Other people's games/IPs could just refer to it being Microsoft's IP or that it's technically Rare's game, but Lucid are heavily working on it with them. Did we even see anything from Rare at E3? Pretty unusual considering they're such a prominent first-party dev and have worked on things like the Kinect Sports, Banjo, Viva Piñata and Perfect Dark franchises.
We saw nothing but a trailer during the Spike pre-show for Kinect Sports Rivals. It wasn't playable on the floor. Rare as well as Lionhead were absent from E3.

Shaneus

We saw nothing but a trailer during the Spike pre-show for Kinect Sports Rivals. It wasn't playable on the floor. Rare as well as Lionhead were absent from E3.
I was only mentioning Sports because it was a franchise important enough that MS gave it to Rare... at least, the first one. Pretty sure they had nothing to do with the second and probably not the next one, either.

It's all very suspect... no Rare, yet they hired all those Codemasters people who only worked on different aspects of racing games. It may or may not be PGR, but damned if I don't want to know what the hell they're up to.

So did anyone else think that answer from Nick Davies was deliberately vague and avoiding? You'd have to think at this point that they'd flat-out deny it by now if they weren't doing anything like working on a PGR game (even as a contractor/external party).

Shaneus

DON'T GET YOUR HOPES UP WITH THIS BUMP!

But this is basically proof that the game they're teasing is 100% the 2K Drive game for iOS (if any of you were still holding onto some sliver of hope).

Remember the URL snooping some people did and when going to something related to "Sky Light" it went to a blank page? Well, that page is now not blank:
Buckle-up and get ready for the most immersive automotive experience to ever hit your iPad and iPhone. 2K Drive provides you with a variety of experiences to test your driving skills – including licensed cars, real locations and dozens of exciting challenges in an authentic world rooted in motoring culture. Expert driving will earn you stars and coins to purchase boosts, upgrades, new cars and more! 2K Drive lets you compete online with your friends and the world, to earn the best scores, bragging rights, and rewards ahead of your rivals. Live news feeds deliver the world of automotive culture right to you, so when you’re not driving, you can read, watch videos or view photo galleries – and if you see something you really like, share it with friends. With daily challenges, more cars, tracks, and news added regularly, 2K Drive offers more content than any other driving game on your iPad or iPhone. Don’t dream it, drive it!*

*Unless you're out of tokens, then you'll need to wait a few hours or will have to pay extra to "drive it".

Still love to know what BADNED, aegies and that other dude were hinting at, though. Maybe it was this, maybe it wasn't?

DON'T GET YOUR HOPES UP WITH THIS BUMP!
Motherfucker!

I'm going to kick a baby every time this thread it bumped without real hope.

Well, I'd settle for PGR iOS. Imagine Lucid squeezing the graphics out of the iPhone, like they did on PGR4 on the 360! Well fuck now I'm even more depressed.

Shaneus

Motherfucker!

I'm going to kick a baby every time this thread it bumped without real hope.

Well, I'd settle for PGR iOS. Imagine Lucid squeezing the graphics out of the iPhone, like they did on PGR4 on the 360! Well fuck now I'm even more depressed.
It's not PGR iOS though. Far, far from it. It handles something like... um... I'm not sure. Not great, though. And it's freemium. And it has no style or solid aesthetic.

Might as well be a Gameloft game, TBH.

Shaneus

Is there no way to get that DLC now even on OG xbox? My OG xbox will turn on and then cut off in 2 seconds, the power supply protector keeps blinking red and the red button pops up. :(
I'm pretty sure there's no way to get it at all now unless you either already bought/downloaded it on your original Xbox, or you have a chipped Xbox you can download it (illegally) on. Don't think there was any way at all to get it on 360 :/

Mascot

Even though PGR5 doesn't even exist, there's still more 'news' about it than there is about Forza 5.

Well played, Turn 10.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I stopped giving a fuck and now I'm just playing PGR2 BC on 360. It's still soooo good.

Yeah, PGR fans should just move on already, Microsoft right now got Horizon as their non sim racing game and that mean PGR is dead and will never come back.

thuway

If fans really want PGR, there is Drive Club with the lead designer from PGR working on it. I know it is on a Sony platform, but PGR gonna PGR?

meppi

If fans really want PGR, there is Drive Club with the lead designer from PGR working on it. I know it is on a Sony platform, but PGR gonna PGR?

Huge fan of MSR/PGR so I don't care what platform it would be on, even though I don't want to get a bone.
Would love for Drive Club to be the spiritual successor to PGR, but as of right now, I don't see it. Not in the slightest I'm afraid. :(

Shaneus

Yeah, PGR fans should just move on already, Microsoft right now got Horizon as their non sim racing game and that mean PGR is dead and will never come back.
I pretty much have (the info I posted to bump this thread could be at least two months old... haven't researched or cared about it since I last posted in this thread). Driveclub is the methadone for my PGR crack habit ;)

You were one of the people who teased that another PGR was on it's way. You're part of the problem :p

Huge fan of MSR/PGR so I don't care what platform it would be on, even though I don't want to get a bone.
Would love for Drive Club to be the spiritual successor to PGR, but as of right now, I don't see it. Not in the slightest I'm afraid. :(
It's *all* I see. May be fanboy goggles, but this is more PGR than anything we've seen on the driving game front in the last 6 years. Hell, the guy who put together all the shit-hot trailers/cutscenes for the PGR games did the E3 trailer for DC.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I somehow missed the initial reveal that this was a mobile game.

Saddest news. Fucking PGR man, they can't let this series die.

Synth

I don't know why I keep checking this thread each time it gets bumped, expecting there to be some good news this time.

What the fuck is wrong with me?...

Top Bottom