• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Beta and Information Thread [Open Beta Live Now]

ezodagrom

So 2 new areas? Not bad considering they will probably add more throughout 2013.
Sakai, PSO2 producer said before that he wants to update the game at least once a month, and those updates may of course include new areas (of course I wouldn't expect new areas every month).
He also mentioned that he wants to eventually add huge bosses specific for 12 players.

Jubern

When you finish a quest, what 2 things do you get points on? I'm trying to S rank the forest field quest and the first one is always under :(

If it's to do with killing enemies, then I guess you do have to go search and kill enemies, not just the ones that spawn in your path, to get S rank.

Kills and time

I've only done like the two forest missions a couple of times, but in those the second condition was the number of time I died...

First one is kills alright. Until now I've always tracked down every enemy in an area so I naturally got 100% but didn't someone said that it is the number of spawned enemies you killed, and not available enemies on the map?

Mistle

First one is kills alright. Until now I've always tracked down every enemy in an area so I naturally got 100% but didn't someone said that it is the number of spawned enemies you killed, and not available enemies on the map?
Unless I accidentally missed an enemy (which is possible), I killed every one that spawned and still didn't get an S.

I think it might just be quantity of enemies killed; I've hauled ass through a stage before and have gotten an S-rank despite skipping mobs.

Hey Keiichian, any Hard mode differences aside from stronger enemies?

remz

I've only done like the two forest missions a couple of times, but in those the second condition was the number of time I died...

Yeah i fucked it up. The second one is deaths. Still think you need a good time for the S. i would also wager the percentage is for enemies spawned

I dunno about platforming. There's really not much distance you really go, just mainly straight up unless you're a Force that's dodging.

Also, once you see the bosses that spawn in the middle of missions... that dig under ground and appear on cliffs that you can't get to. It just gets messy sometimes.

Xane

Yeah i fucked it up. The second one is deaths. Still think you need a good time for the S. i would also wager the percentage is for enemies spawned

No, you don't need a good time for S. Maybe there are some exceptions, but I did once had the timer stop at 59:59 and still got S (gone to lunch).

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Keeping my fingers crossed for no emergency maintenance today. I've hardly been able to play because by the time I get home from work the servers are down. >_<

VariantX

Is anyone else having as much trouble as I am acquiring new wired lance skills? New ones don't seem to show up in the shop and the only one that ever drops is the same one i already have.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Is anyone else having as much trouble as I am acquiring new wired lance skills? New ones don't seem to show up in the shop and the only one that ever drops is the same one i already have.
Player shops are the key. You can get basically every skill for 1050 meta.

As for today, doing the city mission hard mode with twentytwo, Netto-kun and Khrim while on level 21-23 was one hell of a ride. We were able to kill Dark Ragne when the timer reached zero and got pretty good drops.
I've advanced 2 level since then and still have the attack stat too low to use them (need 30 more).

So, 5 new screenshots added to the album:
iHfZlPhzG4mUF.jpg

Awesome level 9 disc drops from the said City hard mode.

ix64ibKgzljqs.jpg

3 Mags released at the same time and the boss was still far from dying.

ib24HNJJ8ko4fB.jpg

Hard Mode Dark Ragne dead. 0:00 left. The most awesome moment in PSO2 for me so far and I doubt anything will top this anytime soon.

ixhXQ4De07usB.jpg

twentytwo, Ani, Khrim and me were farming hard mode volcano 1 for CO items and somehow managed to get into the ranking.

Can't leave the main Arks ship without starting a quest. Quest counters are at the left and right sides of the hangar gate. First option starts a quest, 2nd option explores quests in progress if you want to jump in to someone else's party.

Thanks for the help though by the time I figured it out, my lappy up and died on from overheating as I was going to start my first mission.

yes, I tried that as well.

now I get this after I try to log-in. then an error.
ibcMizfsc9A8jy.png

what do.

That's your Player ID, make one up. This one is separate from the character name.

Another question: How do you use the auto shortcut macro words or where to set it. I still have a quest for that and it's taking up my 20 quest limit lol

That's your Player ID, make one up. This one is separate from the character name.

I think it requires more thought than "make one up", as it's publicly visible (it shows in your room names and above your head if someone enables its display, as well as being your main identifier in peoples' friend lists) and can be used as a search key so people can find and send friend requests to you. If you really only want to be known by your character name you can just reuse your intended character name, but otherwise use whatever name you want your account to be recognized under.

I think it requires more thought than "make one up", as it's publicly visible (it shows in your room names and above your head if someone enables its display, as well as being your main identifier in peoples' friend lists) and can be used as a search key so people can find and send friend requests to you. If you really only want to be known by your character name you can just reuse your intended character name, but otherwise use whatever name you want your account to be recognized under.

Ah. I didn't know about that.

Finalow

Another question: How do you use the auto shortcut macro words or where to set it. I still have a quest for that and it's taking up my 20 quest limit lol
yes but I tried with 2-3 names and still got an error. guess 'cause they were already taken, now it seems to work fine.
I'm done with the tutorial, I will wait for an english patch to play more though.

Atrarock

I've gotten several errors while trying to log in as of recently (today).

First it was incorrect password *gonna be hell to re-remember it* and now this new error :

674r.jpg

674, anyone familiar with this one?

ShadiWulf

I upgraded my computer to a beastly i5 with 8GB RAM yesterday, running off intel HD 4000 graphics and couldn't happier, PSO2 looks and runs great.

42ITu.jpg

such a huge improvement over my old setup.

Mistle

woo, finally unlocked caves.

man i absolutely cannot wait for the english release. i hope we don't have to wait too much longer ;_;

Mistle

I'm still running a Q9550 2.83 CPU and a HD5770 GPU, and the game runs flawlessly on max settings. There's slight screen tearing but that seems to be a problem with a lot of people, and I can probs fix it somehow

This setup just keeps pushing strong. I'm delaying upgrade for as long as possible! haha

Haha, I make a dialogue appearance in your screenshots Keii. XD

Man, that Emergency quest in the city is always a blast. Me and some others were playing it last night and totally got lost. By the time we got to the Dark Ragne, we only had 30 seconds left.

Needless to say, we failed. XD

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Haha, I make a dialogue appearance in your screenshots Keii. XD

Man, that Emergency quest in the city is always a blast. Me and some others were playing it last night and totally got lost. By the time we got to the Dark Ragne, we only had 30 seconds left.

Needless to say, we failed. XD
For Ragne, follow the street and look for a big dome in the second area. Although the zone is random, road to the boss is fairly easy to spot.

For Ragne, follow the street and look for a big dome in the second area. Although the zone is random, road to the boss is fairly easy to spot.

Yeah, it we ended up heading NE when the area we needed to go was NW, so we had to treck allllll the way back to the other side of the map, while getting separated due to the emergency walls coming up etc.

VariantX

It never fails, as soon as I get something with a time limit, I get a bunch of emergency codes, not only back to back, but inside of each other, which I didn't even know could happen until a moment or so ago...

Astery

My client is running weird at loading times (whenever the loading tunnel screen appears). Sometimes it loads in acceptable times around 10 seconds, but sometimes it's about 40 seconds to a whole minute. I tried lowering some graphical options but it doesn't seem to make a difference. In game is always butter smooth tho, no graphic lags or whatever even on the highest setting. Any clues anyone? :|

My comp spec:
mobo: P55M-UD2
CPU: i7 860@ 2.80 Ghz
RAM: 4GB RAM
Display Card: ATI HD5850 (Running on Catalyst Control Center 12.6 Beta, for fixing Diablo 3 crashes)

ezodagrom

@Those hoping or waiting for an english release: There's obviously going to be an english version of the game, but SEGA of America has an history of handling their online games badly, for example they barely updated PSOBB and PSU started getting huge delays in updates around 1 year and half after release. If the english version of PSO2 has a different update schedule than the japanese version, I would recommend avoiding the english servers and just playing in the japanese servers. In my opinion it's preferable to deal with the language barrier than dealing with a division of SEGA that doesn't care for their version of the game.

I'm still running a Q9550 2.83 CPU and a HD5770 GPU, and the game runs flawlessly on max settings. There's slight screen tearing but that seems to be a problem with a lot of people, and I can probs fix it somehow

This setup just keeps pushing strong. I'm delaying upgrade for as long as possible! haha
You can either used D3DOverrider to force Vsync, or you can use Virtual Full Screen instead of Full Screen.

If you play at your screen's native resolution, I recommend playing at Virtual Full Screen, it doesn't feel any different than playing in full screen, alt-tabbing is alot faster, and there's no screen tearing. Basically in Virtual Full Screen mode you're playing in window mode, but the game fills the whole screen as if you were playing in full screen.

Virtual Full Screen is this option:

pso2virtualfullscreen.jpg

DeVeAn

So is the game better with kb/mouse? I have always played PSO with a gamepad and have a 360 one if it works.

rykomatsu

beautiful game imho.

Also, maybe someone commented on this, but in the opening movie, it seems like the producers went a little bit overboard with everyone flipping while jumping...makes it seem rather cheesy for an otherwise visually pleasing movie...

DeVeAn

So I got the client and registered now I have 3 bars going is it patching or something?

Shit, must be a monster patch. Going slow.

Top Bottom