• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

ShinMaruku

Oh psow you batshit bastards.
As for what your mag build should be, I have no idea I pay little attention to mags becasue your skill tree is much more influential than your mag.

I wouldn't say that; your Mag has a huge influence on the weapons and armor you can equip. Especially if you're like me and have a pure T-ATK mag cause you wanted to run Force at the start of the game but switched to melee classes instead, having an off-type mag can make some endgame gear impossible to equip.

Someone talk me out of buying this jacket:

01.jpg

There are also male and female swimsuits available.

02.jpg

03.jpg

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Wow, I logged in after a month or so and when I accepted all the campaign prizes and checked my inventory, I've noticed that I have... 68 (?!) Triboosts +50%. Crazy.

Wow, I logged in after a month or so and when I accepted all the campaign prizes and checked my inventory, I've noticed that I have... 68 (?!) Triboosts +50%. Crazy.

I actually have a teammate that sold all their Triboost +50%s to the vendor in order to not accidentally use one instead of a Triboost +100%.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I guess I'm back to PSO2 at least for a while. I just did the 3-2 matter board and tried the 3-2 story quest. As usual, it was quite tough and I ran out of all my healing stuff at the beginning of the final boss fight. I'll try again tomorrow, but I'm curious about the current endgame. I'm still level 68, so I guess my first goal should be to get to lv 70 to be able to access ultimate quests and farm rare drops there?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Finally reached level 70 with my Fighter and did two Ultimate Quest runs. Those things are crazy. The enemies/bosses are on a completely different level than those in normal quests.
That said, I think the balance needs some reworking. Experience per monster is laughable compared to super hard because of how long it takes to kill everything and drops seem to be much worse than in emergency quests. Knowing SEGA those things will be addressed in near future to make UQ more fun for everyone.

In more general news, I believe that this is the perfect timing to come back/start playing PSO2. Even if you're blocked, trying the game on a free VPN is still possible.
Here's why I think that the timing is perfect:
- SEGA is giving +50% exp boosts and +50%/100% Triboosts out like candy. Bingo, quests, titles, campaigns... I have 99% +50% triboosts at the moment and I wasn't even trying.
- New daily quests give crazy high experience and meseta.
- Most of emergency quests are now scheduled, so you no longer have to wait in the dark for a chance for good xp.
- The English patch is available for those, who don't speak Japanese and want to enjoy the game (this is old news, but still)
- New classes are really fun and you don't have to level up old ones to unlock new ones.
- Increased running speed is awesome.
- I >think< that partner npcs got a bit stronger. That's the impression I'm getting, so don't quote me on this.

^mmm I might try and connect again then.

Also those swimsuits were great, I love when gaming clothes is subtle and dose not have characters and logos blasted all over it @.@

ezodagrom

Finally reached level 70 with my Fighter and did two Ultimate Quest runs. Those things are crazy. The enemies/bosses are on a completely different level than those in normal quests.
That said, I think the balance needs some reworking. Experience per monster is laughable compared to super hard because of how long it takes to kill everything and drops seem to be much worse than in emergency quests. Knowing SEGA those things will be addressed in near future to make UQ more fun for everyone.
The low exp in UQs is on purpose, it's supposed to be, according to sega, a quest for rare drops hunting, so they made it have low exp (if UQ had good exp too, there would be no purpose to other quests.....once they get their XH versions...someday...)
The problem is that drop rates in the UQ are...iffy at best. Some people are lucky enough to get 12*s~13*s on day one, while others can go weeks without getting any.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
The low exp in UQs is on purpose, it's supposed to be, according to sega, a quest for rare drops hunting, so they made it have low exp (if UQ had good exp too, there would be no purpose to other quests.....once they get their XH versions...someday...)
The problem is that drop rates in the UQ are...iffy at best. Some people are lucky enough to get 12*s~13*s on day one, while others can go weeks without getting any.
I can totally understand why they did that, but I think they forgot that loot is way more important than your level once you hit the spot where you can access all the content. You'll get exp by doing stuff anyway, so most of 70+ people are doing UQ anyway which leads to other means of leveling barren anyway. Either that, or I was looking in wrong places. Truth be told, with stronger npcs (?) I found soloing AQ to be a better way of getting experience so maybe I'll stick with that.
That said, UQ are free, unlike AQ, so levelling a bit slower and having a chance to get 12-13&#9733; items feels like the smarter choice.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Does anyone know any good crafting guides? I haven't touch this system at all and don't really know where to start.

froliq

bumped has a very basic one about crafting: http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-crafting-system-mini-guide/

I recommend doing Jig's client orders during your crafting. He's to the right of the concert stage. It gives you something to work towards to and I kinda figured the system out while doing those. I'm not really the best at explaining, but if you need to know more I can try and help and I've only done some extending following these things.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I downloaded the Ep3 torrent install, installed the game, went into Tweaker, set the .bin file location, put in the PSO2Proxy site, and hit run game (all in this exact order...Never launched the game otherwise).

It doesn't launch and instead takes me to a page in my browser saying something about GameGuard and gives me a "how to reinstall your game" or some shit. What's up with that?

Khrno

Hi, I got talked by a friend into playing PSO2 but she didn't know much about the current state of the game, stopped playing at lv 40 cap.

I saw the current lv cap is 75 and the the Ultimate Quests are on the Extra Hard difficulty to obtain items with 13* rank. Is that right?

There are also npc companions to complete the 4 player party right? Do these npcs level up with you from the beginning, or are they hired at fixed levels?

And last thing, can a party of 2 people and 2 npcs do the Ultimate Quests, or do they require 4 human players? Thanks.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Hi, I got talked by a friend into playing PSO2 but she didn't know much about the current state of the game, stopped playing at lv 40 cap.

I saw the current lv cap is 75 and the the Ultimate Quests are on the Extra Hard difficulty to obtain items with 13* rank. Is that right?

There are also npc companions to complete the 4 player party right? Do these npcs level up with you from the beginning, or are they hired at fixed levels?

And last thing, can a party of 2 people and 2 npcs do the Ultimate Quests, or do they require 4 human players? Thanks.
Ultimate Quests are different from the xhard difficulty afaik. They are 12 player quests and you can even teleport to others, so there's no need for npcs.
As for the npcs, aside from your customizable personal partner they always scale to your level.

Ultimate quests are basically another game mode you unlock at level 70. Right now it consists of just the Forest. Ult is the only place you can get 13stars at the moment. Extra Hard is a level 70+ difficulty for only specific Emergency Quests.

The NPC partners just match your level. Friend Partners will be whatever level the friend was when they set their partner cards, but will only level match you if you are below that.

A party of 2 people and 2 NPCs can do Ultimate quests but I really can't recommend doing so. NPCs on any difficulty above Hard are absolutely useless and give no real worthwhile damage output, and given how big the numbers in Ultimate are; you'll take hours to kill something. Just go join randoms with your friend.

So, I played this a while back when it was in Beta and really liked it, but the all-japanese turned me off, and there weren't any reliable english patches at the time. How good is the one linked in the OP?

So, I played this a while back when it was in Beta and really liked it, but the all-japanese turned me off, and there weren't any reliable english patches at the time. How good is the one linked in the OP?
95% of the UI is in full English, with exceptions typically being features added in the most recent patch or two.
About 75% of the "fluff" like NPC dialogue, protips, and quest descriptions (the objectives themselves will be in English) are translated, with untranslated stuff typically being the least critical for being able to play the game.
The story mode and other lore exists in a separate patch, which trucks along at its own pace.

Connection wise or content wise?

Content wise:
EP3 released
Bouncer released, uses Jet Boots (T) and Dual Blades (S)
Other classes got a fuckload of tweaks

~Japan planet~ released
New Vopar: Facility area released
XH difficulty out, cap now at 75
Ultimate mode released, it's a separate quest mode now as opposed to a new difficulty level
14* drops in Ult quests

New massive boss released yesterday, haven't logged on a while so idk much about it

Zareka

I haven't played in a while but now that I'm trying to log in again, I keep getting error no. 249. A quick google search and I'm getting responses from maintenance, my connection adding up and, the most worrying, that I'm one of the ISP's that've been straight up region locked.

Is there a way around this? I live in the UK and my ISP is BT. I played find months ago but now I can't log in at all and all ship statuses show up as "unknown".

Reknoc

I dunno if I did something wrong or if AC Scratch is even worse than it was but god damn, got a ticket for the rad Yamato stuff and didn't get shit, just boxes filled with accessories and random ass costumes. In the end I just bought the Mori and Nurse costumes.

Also wanted Yamamoto's open costume but I guess so does everyone else lol, it's like 400k for the closed version and 5mil for the open one. That's quite the leap!

I haven't played in a while but now that I'm trying to log in again, I keep getting error no. 249. A quick google search and I'm getting responses from maintenance, my connection adding up and, the most worrying, that I'm one of the ISP's that've been straight up region locked.

Is there a way around this? I live in the UK and my ISP is BT. I played find months ago but now I can't log in at all and all ship statuses show up as "unknown".

All UK ISPs are blocked afaik, Virgin is at least since that's what I'm on. PSO2Proxy works well though.

Zareka

All UK ISPs are blocked afaik, Virgin is at least since that's what I'm on. PSO2Proxy works well though.

PSO2 proxy worked a charm and now I can connect, thanks!

Only problem is I have totally forgotten my password...I'm trying to reset it and I'm not understanding any of it. I assume I have to write everything in Kanji, which is slightly impossible.

I guess I'll have to brute force my own password. :p

Edit: and I'm in!

Heads up: People have actually started getting banned for completing too many Magatsu. Many of whom weren't even using volgraptor/banish arrow strats, but were rather being too good at the game.

PSO2: The only MMO where the devs will punish you for organization and playing their game too well.

Top Bottom