• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

Heads up: People have actually started getting banned for completing too many Magatsu. Many of whom weren't even using volgraptor/banish arrow strats, but were rather being too good at the game.

PSO2: The only MMO where the devs will punish you for organization and playing their game too well.

What the Christ?

What the Christ?

It's exploding on twitter right now. Just do a search for "PSO2 Ban"

Long story short; Devs buffed Magatsu's drops to make him drop way more 10stars which means way more cubes since nobody would play Magatsu and complained about it -> people start playing Magatsu and develop strategies to kill him fast. And then, people use a specific strategy to kill Magatsu on XH in 30 seconds using numerous GuBrs using a combo of chain and banish arrow. For some reason people start to complain that their random public parties aren''t getting as much as organized parties. The devs threaten to ban people using the GuBr strategy. And then ban enough people who simply kill too many Magatsu in the EQ timelimit.

Because you know, effort and organization shouldn't be rewarded.

Reknoc

Were people not talking about PSO2 or something.

"Twitter activity seems to be down what do we do?"
"Make another update that breaks FFXIV?"
"No, we've already done that once... Lets ban people just for playing the game!"

Can you elaborate on the means people were speedkilling Magatsu without using the exploit? How fast were they going in comparison?

The reports are people (not using chain volgraptor/banish) were getting about 14 runs, which was around an average of 200 cubes. Their runs were being completed in about a minute. Not quite as fast as the 30second runs.

The reports are people (not using chain volgraptor/banish) were getting about 14 runs, which was around an average of 200 cubes. Their runs were being completed in about a minute. Not quite as fast as the 30second runs.

I'd really like to know what was done to get this speed exactly, just to clear any doubts no exploits Sega was watching for were used. Would help a lot to get more context in this regardless since I imagine a lot of us posting here have been out of the game for some time - I still have only the faintest idea what a Magatsu is.

I'd really like to know what was done to get this speed exactly, just to clear any doubts no exploits Sega was watching for were used. Would help a lot to get more context in this regardless since I imagine a lot of us posting here have been out of the game for some time - I still have only the faintest idea what a Magatsu is.

Here's a video of the GuBr strategy. Basically; they start a chain, get it to whatever number, then start spamming banish arrow. For some reason, banish arrow and chain can stack on itself infinitely resulting in millions of damage being done incredibly quickly. In the video the player is shifta-ing and spamming zanverse to contribute more damage as Fo. The "regular" strat just involves a ton of GuRas doing normal chains.

Banning people for killing it off so quickly is bad form.
It's not like there hasn't been a quick-kill designed for every other EQ boss.

Apparently people are only getting targeted for Magatsu because he has the best drops.

Reknoc

Looks like I'm no longer blocked from PSO2.jp, now I can reinstall my vita version and play it in bed. Should mean I can play it at work as well.

Reknoc

I only checked because someone on PSO-World posted about being able to get on and they we're in Portugal so I thought "well that's pretty close, maybe I should try"

In hindsight that was a really stupid reason, but it worked out okay so whatever.

redhairedking

Okay so I want to get back into this and am having a little trouble. I cannot at all remember my sega id or password, though I do know the email I registered with. Could someone help me recover my account? If not I can always just make a new account since I was not very far into the game at all.

ShinMaruku

Why are people still calling pso2 a mmo? It would fail if it was a mmo. As for that ban thing, pso2 team makes the rest of sega look like platinum

ShinMaruku

The press covers climate deniers too. They are silly.

Also I meant by your standards destiny is single player. You can play solo.

Reknoc

MMO is a weird thing anyway. It's only supposed to be something you stick onto a genre to say a lot of people play it but at some point, probably around the time PSO came out, it came to mean "game where you hang around a lobby full of people dancing, running the same thing you've ran a million times already with people you don't know, finishing off your dailies, realising this is basically another job you've got, crying to yourself about it, going on a spirit journey to find yourself, overcoming ordeals and hardships until you finally reach the end of your journey, reach enlightenment, then doing the same thing again the next day"

Anyway, the game itself, thought I'd play around with a class I haven't tried yet and went with Gunner. Messiah Time has the best attack animation in the game.

redhairedking

Yessss! Me neither!

I can finally play the Vita version that I got a week prior to the block!

Anyone want to give some pointers to a new player later? :)

I have been unable to recover my account so I'll probably be joining you on a fresh account soon (didn't have much anyway). Pointers would be appreciated

Wait people are getting back in. pso.jp isn't showing up for me though...I just want to go back to playing so bad cause nothing's come out and nothing's coming out for the next few months. I miss this game so bad.

Maid

Banned
What are you guys' region? I'm from SEA and the site still doesn't load for me, and my PSO2 on Vita also has no available server

Zelias

Banned
I've been able to get onto the website at least (haven't tried the game) since last week's maint. I'm on Virgin Media (UK).

Garteal

It's never been an ip-block. The server was announcing itself pretty inconsistently and because of the DDOS some other measures were probably taken. These things take quite some time to eventually get resolved by the ASes. It looks like things have returned to how they were as I see my packets take the old route now.

I've been able to connect to the game for a while now via Telfort (Netherlands). Prior to that I was able to connect to it for a day or maybe a few hours until I couldn't anymore. So don't give up yet if you were able to connect before and aren't blocked because of SEA.

Varion

I've been able to get onto the website at least (haven't tried the game) since last week's maint. I'm on Virgin Media (UK).
Same here, BT Infinity UK. Haven't tried the game either because I'm waiting to see if this week's maintenance does anything first. Don't really want the IP I use to sign in changing too much.

Edit: Checked the game too now maint's over, that works fine too.

Sigh, wanted to get back into playing this and downloaded it all again using the PSO 2 Tweaker... Now whenever I start the game, I just get a re-direct to an nprotect website and that's all that happens.

Varion

I'm updating the game with Tweaker but it's downloading 11.73GB.

Did the new updates really add that much or is it making me redownload the game for some reason?
Depends when you last updated. It's definitely not making you redownload the whole game, though -- my game directory's 32gb in all.

Top Bottom