• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Vita Import |OT| Save This World With Your Own Hands, For Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reknoc

Ordered my physical version so should get that at some point, may go into town tomorrow and get a new memcard anyway.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Today I finally finished all Vita-exclusive content. Toro and Kuro COs, Story quest 9 and 10, getting the
Kuna partner card as the award for the latter
Although I haven't 100% cleared the new MBs, all the remaining nodes can be completed on the PC.

Story wise, the 2 new quests are ridiculously stupid, but that was to be expected, since idols are involved. Still, the relations between characters were facepalm inducing.

Chrome Dragon was really easy and boring in its first form, but the real one (I think that's the one which appears in codes, according to the trailers) had many interesting attacks and was really fun to fight.

Despite playing the Vita version during TGS and the closed beta, I'm really impressed with what has been done with the performance - no noticeable lag even during the Elder Hands fight. Great work, Sega, I'll continue to support you by buying premium sets!

I've never played PSO at all before, but i'm toying with the idea of importing the cart version.

I was going to hold out for a western release but ... what's the general consensus on how much i'd be missing out on by not knowing the language?
I'm sure i can get through menus and things all right as my wife's Japanese, but i dont want to pester her all the way through the story.

Or should I just hold out? I don't want to ruin my enthusiasm for the game ahead of a possible western release

ezodagrom

I've never played PSO at all before, but i'm toying with the idea of importing the cart version.

I was going to hold out for a western release but ... what's the general consensus on how much i'd be missing out on by not knowing the language?
I'm sure i can get through menus and things all right as my wife's Japanese, but i dont want to pester her all the way through the story.

Or should I just hold out? I don't want to ruin my enthusiasm for the game ahead of a possible western release
There's also the PC version, unless you have a PC that can't run the game, you could play both the PC and Vita versions, since you can use the same account on both versions.

For the PC version there's fan made english patches, there are 3 packs:
There's the core pack, which translates menus and alot of important things, there's the large pack, which translates some extra optional things, and there's the story pack, which translates the story up to chapter 8/matterboard 8.

If you do use the story patch, I recommend making a backup of the data folder, otherwise you'll have to do a 1GB+ download every time there's an update.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=48538348&postcount=2251

Is there something special about the last 2 grinds of a weapon I'm missing?

Not really. They're just two final grinds that have low chances of success. In general, the higher a weapon's rarity (the number of stars) the "harder" the grind. The general consensus is that if you are grinding a 10 star weapon you get it to +8 normally and then buy/use grind locks (items that remove the chance of the weapon dropping a level) till you get to +10.

Although, certain weapons have "latent abilities" that you can unlock at +10.

There's also the PC version, unless you have a PC that can't run the game, you could play both the PC and Vita versions, since you can use the same account on both versions.

For the PC version there's fan made english patches, there are 3 packs:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=48538348&postcount=2251

I'm on a Macbook Pro but not sure if I can be bothered installing Windows.. honestly i don't even know where to start with that either...
But thanks for the links, maybe i'll look into it!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Is there anything to play offline on the Vita version? If not it seems like I might as well just play the game on PC...

Wait- the card version works on US accounts ONLINE?!

I would LOVE a definitive answer to this question.

Does the card version work on a NA PSN account right out of the box, with no restoring, switching of accounts, changing of settings/regions, etc.?

If so, that's the route I'm going!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I don't see why it wouldn't, the only reason you need to use a JP account on the digital version is because it's only on the JP PSN.
You still have to link your SEGA ID with a PSN account and that might be setup to only work with JP PSN accounts.

Seems like it does work.

Shadowth117 said:
*Before anything, I'm going to point out I did this with the Vita Special Package cartridge. I do NOT know if this works with the standard release so bear with me.*
To all CLOSED BETA PLAYERS, your accounts were unlinked from that PSN ID after the Beta ended in case you weren't aware. This means you CAN relink to a US account.

Not much to say about this, but using the cartridge from the Vita Special Package and my US PSN ID, I was able to start up the game and log into the ship select area. Clearly maintenance is going on, BUT I was able to select a ship and log in for it to give me the server maintenance message.

If you think I'm BSing you, go try to login into PSO2 on your PC right now. Use the right password for your account and then the wrong one. You'll notice that the messages are very different, even if you don't speak Japanese.

Basically I was very surprised to see this and thought I'd let people know

Edit: I will say if DLC ever comes out on the JP PSN, this may make it difficult to use it, but that's not very likely as far as I can tell. It is worth noting though.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204985

Jubern

After reading the initial reports that it worked, a good friend of mine bought the cartridge version and it worked perfectly. He showed me screens and whatnot.

Ramune

Had a lengthy session with two nice Japanese players. Game's so addicting, that I would have played all night. Forgot it was afternoon for them. Now to wait for Monday, so I can have a room and an easy change of clothes. ^_^;

Reknoc

How do you get these grind locks?

How do I go about checking what these clients need to complete their missions?

There's like a site that can be more helpful. But a useful thing to know is that if a quest has the stuff you need for a CO it'll have a mark next to it in the quest choosing menu. Before the PC eng patch I got through most COs just by doing marked quests over and over until something completed lol

Killthee

How do you get these grind locks?

How do I go about checking what these clients need to complete their missions?
Cirnopedia has everything. http://cirnopedia.frostsabre.com/

iNRdUBn.png

You can also find them in the Player Shops for a huge wad of meseta. For CO's click on the CO link in the left side of Cirnopedia.

Assuming everyone who has used my referral information gets to level 40 (where the final and largest payout of badges occurs) I think I've gotten more than enough. Other people should post their referral information too!

Assuming everyone who has used my referral information gets to level 40 (where the final and largest payout of badges occurs) I think I've gotten more than enough. Other people should post their referral information too!

What is the best thing to use FUN on? I've been doing scratch offs and getting cola cans and kryptonite (superman is F'd if I ever have to fight him :p )

Killthee

What is the best thing to use FUN on? I've been doing scratch offs and getting cola cans and kryptonite (superman is F'd if I ever have to fight him :p )
Last time I played (back in late Nov), you could only use the FUN on the scratch cards.

Last time I played (back in late Nov), you could only use the FUN on the scratch cards.

Fair enough. Thanks for the help.

That website you posted earlier was a big help as well. There was some referencing between sites needed for my client missions (koffie) but it ultimately helped me finish to important quests i wouldn't have been able to complete otherwise.

Since people were asking earlier... I'm hearing that the card version works regardless of what region PSN account it is being used with. CD Japan is currently listing a 3-7 day availability, though the cleaning cloth extra is sold out

FUUU!!!

Just bought with the fastest shipping.....

I just realized though, im screwed right? I logged into my account already during the beta using my Japanese PSN..................... I want to use my US PSN...

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
FUUU!!!

Just bought with the fastest shipping.....

I just realized though, im screwed right? I logged into my account already during the beta using my Japanese PSN..................... I want to use my US PSN...
Beta link was removed after the beta ended, you'll be fine.

Ugg, I'm thinking of DL'n this on my 'puter just to get used to menus. My brother was leveling my character yesterday while at work but I wasn't able to play with him (he's on PC).

I kept seeing announcements and thought it was for Dark Falz, but I couldn't find the mission anywhere.

At least my mag is 30 now, but I have no idea how to activate his ability on the Vita.

side note : where do you guys all congregate? I'm usually on 214 after 7:30 p.m EST

Ugg, I'm thinking of DL'n this on my 'puter just to get used to menus. My brother was leveling my character yesterday while at work but I wasn't able to play with him (he's on PC).

I kept seeing announcements and thought it was for Dark Falz, but I couldn't find the mission anywhere.

At least my mag is 30 now, but I have no idea how to activate his ability on the Vita.

side note : where do you guys all congregate? I'm usually on 214 after 7:30 p.m EST

There's two types of events that can occur on the announce at :45, start at :00 schedule; for emergency quests it can announce it's Dark Falz or it will say which planet it takes place on (this is new, before the only distinction was if it was a Darker or Area emergency). The other type of event is an interrupt ranking, where for that hour a ranking of some sort is active, whether killing as many of a certain enemy as you can or getting the best Time Attack time. It's probably best to listen for the audio announcement if you can't read the messages to tell which is which, as the "interrupt ranking" is very clearly audible when she says it.

For adding your photon burst, you do that to your numbered palette at the bottom of the screen (touch on Vita). I think you set that palette using the 2nd menu, bottom option.

I usually end up in B035 while on PC but anything goes when on Vita - I'm basically wherever people want me to be most of the time. I get on anywhere around 8-10pm Eastern.

How do I get new skill trees? I'm thinking going the Barta route for my force isn't going to end well.

I know respec'n costs AC, but I thought you could buy new skill trees

How do I get new skill trees? I'm thinking going the Barta route for my force isn't going to end well.

I know respec'n costs AC, but I thought you could buy new skill trees

You can buy new skill trees from the same counter that you set your skills at. Check bumped.org for a guide if you need. Respecing can be done from that counter too, but I'm told it actually requires you to have more than one skill tree and that it's more expensive than just buying another one.

AwRy108

How does Phantasy Start Portable on the PSP hold up? Thinking of picking that up.

Skip the first one and go right to Phantasy Star Portable 2--it's incredible, and easily one of the best PSP games ever. So sad that there's no digital version on PSN, I want it on my Vita!

Skip the first one and go right to Phantasy Star Portable 2--it's incredible, and easily one of the best PSP games ever. So sad that there's no digital version on PSN, I want it on my Vita!

It's actually been mentioned by the dev team there's a technical issue that prevents the game from working on Vita at all.

zewone

Has there been any new word on the Android version?

I really hope they plan on bringing all 3 versions over to the States, and not just the PC version.

Killthee

Has there been any new word on the Android version?

I really hope they plan on bringing all 3 versions over to the States, and not just the PC version.
It got delayed to later this year. It looked pretty crappy from what they've shown and it doesn't really play like the PC/Vita version.

Ramune

I jumped ahead and downloaded PSO2 this past weekend and just got my physical copy yesterday. But after entering the code for the Special Package goodies I confirmed the dialog box that shows what I get and I don't know how to access said goodies. Can anyone lend a helping hand?

Otherwise, I'm loving this!

I'm off today, so if you want to party I'm

Player ID: GameHopper Unit
Character: Rabbie

It got delayed to later this year. It looked pretty crappy from what they've shown and it doesn't really play like the PC/Vita version.

Weren't the mobile versions really just Companion apps to the PC/Vita versions?

I jumped ahead and downloaded PSO2 this past weekend and just got my physical copy yesterday. But after entering the code for the Special Package goodies I confirmed the dialog box that shows what I get and I don't know how to access said goodies. Can anyone lend a helping hand?

Go to the storage kiosk (the one with the floating green cubes) and select the third option. That's where all redeemed items and campaign prizes go.

Killthee

Hmm, I don't see much in there. Just the stuff I stored. Stuff like the 1000FUN, 30 day Premium Set, 3 Weapons, Mag, costumes, and 2 music discs are no where to be found. Hope I didn't screw myself somehow.
Your checking your personal storage box. There's a special box for promo items. When you activate the kiosk you should be presented a list of options, the third one "受け取り専用倉庫 Received Storage" should have the items.

Here's the PC instructions, Vita should be similar: http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-typing-in-your-item-codes/

Am i to assume the optimal setups are of the same weapon, with 50% of varying element, all grinded to +10, with matching PAs, or whatever your favorite is if you're a hunter?

Am i to assume the optimal setups are of the same weapon, with 50% of varying element, all grinded to +10, with matching PAs, or whatever your favorite is if you're a hunter?

Element isn't horribly important, though if you have a choice light seems to be the most common weakness. More important are the affixes on the weapon; I imagine a combination of Vol Soul and Power 3 is popular considering the price both fetch in Myshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom