• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice |OT| Khura'in, not Kurain

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Playing the first case, I have a distinct feeling the translators are science fiction fans. I have spotted obvious references to Doctor Who (
audience screaming "Exterminate"
) and Star Trek (
Phoenix Wright wishing to live long and prosper
).

Drago

I wonder if Ace Attorney will ever return to the glory days of the original trilogy. I've been trying to get through AA5 for AA6 and I just stopped halfway through Case 5's investigation. I was just not having any fun, at all.

I wouldn't mind a series reboot at this point to be honest.
Investigations 2 is outstanding and in my top 3 games in the series personally.

But yeah AA5 was something of a letdown and even though I'll almost definitely be getting this in the morning I'm really not hyped for it. Maybe the game will surprise me though.

ZeroX03

Banned
I've come to expect a certain standard from non-Takumi games. Solid, dependable and a little wheel spinning and pandering. I'm sure this'll be fine. There's no bad Ace Attorney games, just less fantastic.

TrueBlue

JFA and AJ are the low points for me - but I agree with the sentiment. It's less that they're bad and more they're just less good.

Lusankya

Can't wait. I personally loved AA5 and I want more.

Same here and from what I've heard AA6 is supposed to be better. I didn't read any spoilers, but I heard some weird stuff is happening that could be pretty divisive.

Anyways, I will play the shit out of SoJ as soon as the eShop gets updated.

ryushe

Didn't love AA5 (haven't even finished it yet) and this feels like a filler game, so you could say my spirits not with this one.

😏

Necrovex

Didn't know this was out now! I will have to pick it up next time I am in the capital. The pains of having no reliable WiFi in a 100 miles radius hurts.

Shu Takumi is not involved in this one is he? Both his and the game's wiki page doesn't mention anything about it. I thought 5 was still great though and this has the same writer, so I'm looking forward to this one.

ZeroX03

Banned
Shu Takumi is not involved in this one is he? Both his and the game's wiki page doesn't mention anything about it. I thought 5 was still great though and this has the same writer, so I'm looking forward to this one.

No, Takumi's latest project was Dai Gyakuten Saiban.

JediLink

I definitely wasn't impressed with Dual Destinies but I'll probably give this game a shot anyway. It's still better than nothing. (RIP my nigga Mega Man)

BTA

I have some other stuff to finish before I can jump in, but I'm kinda excited. I have low expectations after 5, but I'm excited to see Maya again.
I was going to say it's been a long 9 years, but Layton vs Wright was pretty great so it should count.

My roommate's almost certainly going to get ahead of me pretty fast though, so I guess I'll be a source of amusement as I get further in.

Lagamorph

Can you pre-order on the eShop? All I can find when going to it on my 3DS is a demo and trailer for this, no option to pre-order or anything.
I'm going out soon and wanted to pre-order this and have my 3DS download it ready for when I get home.

The purchase button just seems to be a greyed out "Coming to Nintendo eShop"

ZeroX03

Banned
Can you pre-order on the eShop? All I can find when going to it on my 3DS is a demo and trailer for this, no option to pre-order or anything.
I'm going out soon and wanted to pre-order this and have my 3DS download it ready for when I get home.

The purchase button just seems to be a greyed out "Coming to Nintendo eShop"

No pre-order. Just have to wait for it to go live.

Kinsei

Banned
I wonder if Ace Attorney will ever return to the glory days of the original trilogy. I've been trying to get through AA5 for AA6 and I just stopped halfway through Case 5's investigation. I was just not having any fun, at all.

Probably not. It's a damn shame that the one game on par with the original trilogy was never officially released in NA.

I almost wish that the series just ended after the DS version of T&T.

MrBadger

Pretty excited to play this. Tried to replay Dual Destinies to hype me up for it and gave up in the last case because of how little fun I was having. This can't be worse!

Yeah, I really wish they'd get back the original creator and have him write an entirely new story in a new setting. Man, I wish I could play a game like that

XaosWolf

I like AA5. Sure it's not as good as the first 3, but there's always a case that stands out as being dull in pretty much every game.

I'm just happy we're still getting Ace Attorney games over here despite they're comparatively low sales. (Annoyed about Dai Gyakuten Saiban but I'm certain it'll be translated by fans instead)

More Ghost Trick couldn't hurt though.

moozoom

Can't wait for it. I'm quite easy to please as I didn't hate any Ace attorney game yet... It will be my little reward for working hard today, just hope I can play a bit before falling asleep on my 3DS.

daydream

Banned
shiina-remove(b).gif

let's do this

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Release date: September 8th

Options: Download demo

Eshop taunts us

ZeroX03

Banned
Europe should be within the next two hours I think. No promises. Going to smash this Layton game out anyway.

Fandangox

I had forgotten this was coming so soon, gonna wait a while since Im getting SMT this month.

Also that had to be the shortest demo I have played.

KLoWn

How is the difficulty? AA5 pretty much handed you the answer on a platter, and I didn't like that.

FluxWaveZ

I won't be able to play this until next week, but I can't wait to finally be able to play another Ace Attorney game. It's gonna be great, even if it isn't amazing.

Lusankya

How is the difficulty? AA5 pretty much handed you the answer on a platter, and I didn't like that.

They got a lot of feedback that the game was too easy, so they made the hints optional and at least told us they cranked up the difficulty. Also you can investigate everywhere again.

They got a lot of feedback that the game was too easy, so they made the hints optional and at least told us they cranked up the difficulty. Also you can investigate everywhere again.
You guys are killing me. First I hear Ema is back and now I find out the game is difficult again. I have three exams in the next few days :(

imBask

Banned
what's the official hour of release? why is it so arbitrary. I'm going to be in a bus for 2h in 15min and Nintendo is teasing me

Top Bottom