• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice released on iOS/Android

Did Spirit of Justice have its own one-off DLC episode like Dual Destinies?

I really didn't like Dual Destinies, but the DLC episode with the Orca was amazing.

Prelude.

So, AA5 on the Nvidia Shield K1 didn't play cutscenes and would instead hang at a black screen. From what I'm seeing on the Play Store reviews this game has the same issue. Like, jesus christ, Capcom, I can understand actual game issues, but you can't make a movie play on a device?

Guppeth

AA has always been full of terrible puns but this is truly horrific. When the name of the
murderous hippie monk guy
appeared I instinctively tried to claw my own eyes out as a defence mechanism.

Izuna

Banned
On case 4..

A rakugo artist with
DID
is such a fucking cool idea.

This game shits on Dual Destinies

sangreal

I liked the game quite a bit but I really hate how they hand everything to you. Constantly found myself fast forwarding through dialogue because I didn't want the hints. Also, I don't need flashbacks to shit that happened 5 minutes ago

I also miss the old investigations. Not so much the pixel hunting, but it wasn't so '1 place at a time'. For example, in this game if you encounter psych locks everything you need will be in the same room

On case 4..

A rakugo artist with
DID
is such a fucking cool idea.

This game shits on Dual Destinies

100% Agreement on this whole post tbh.

I loved Dual Destinies (since I'm a die-hard for this series in general), but SoJ is just SO much better IMO. Polarizing, sure, but I'd put it in between AA3 and AA1. I thought it was that good.

And loved so much how
they used a witness with a psychological disorder especially for Athena's case.

Izuna

Banned
100% Agreement on this whole post tbh.

I loved Dual Destinies (since I'm a die-hard for this series in general), but SoJ is just SO much better IMO. Polarizing, sure, but I'd put it in between AA3 and AA1. I thought it was that good.

And loved so much how
they used a witness with a psychological disorder especially for Athena's case.

It's amazing. I think I am close to wrapping up day 1 but the translation as well is pretty darn good.

I only knew about rakugo from Tiger and Dragon, so this case is a real highlight.

It's amazing. I think I am close to wrapping up day 1 but the translation as well is pretty darn good.

I only knew about rakugo from Tiger and Dragon, so this case is a real highlight.

I feel like the translation in SoJ is sooooo much better than the translation in DD. Much smoother, IMO.

Only thing is I sorta wish AA took a page out of Persona's book and didn't try to make the game take place in the USA after they translate it. I feel like it would just make more sense if they kept the game's setting in Japan. I feel like a lot of people had issues with the rakugo case because of this LOL (even though I loved it regardless)

sangreal

I feel like the translation in SoJ is sooooo much better than the translation in DD. Much smoother, IMO.

Only thing is I sorta wish AA took a page out of Persona's book and didn't try to make the game take place in the USA after they translate it. I feel like it would just make more sense if they kept the game's setting in Japan. I feel like a lot of people had issues with the rakugo case because of this LOL (even though I loved it regardless)

Yeah, it comes off really weird every time they bring up the US. Especially when they talk about other locales in the game as being in Japan

Izuna

Banned

I finished the case (so glad it was all court tbh) and the final piece of evidence was something I luckily knew.

I feel like good translation makes or breaks this sort of game. I don't know if Dual Destinies could have been better with a better translation, I just know I hated playing it.

Yeah, it comes off really weird every time they bring up the US. Especially when they talk about other locales in the game as being in Japan
LOL yeah for sure. I noticed that for the most part, in games prior to Spirit of Justice, the characters would keep saying "this country" instead of naming a particular one. But it was still clear to me that they were still referring to the US, which was so weird. And then in SoJ they finally went all the way and kept saying "The States" which made no sense to me in a game that had a country like Khura'in in it LOL.

I feel like good translation makes or breaks this sort of game. I don't know if Dual Destinies could have been better with a better translation, I just know I hated playing it.
It absolutely does make or break games like these, IMO. So I totally agree there.

I mean, I still enjoyed DD (particularly the last case, which was awesome), and I think a better translation would have helped a bit. But it still wouldn't have been able to surpass SoJ for me, even with a better translation. The cases in SoJ overall were just so much better IMO. In DD, I really only liked the last case (maybe case #4 as well)

GeoGonzo

Just finished day 1 of the third case and
I mostly despise pretty much the whole nation of Khura’in and I can’t -wait- for the rebel uprising. Surely they can’t be as bad as their current regime? Also, a turnabout against any other prosecutor, please! Sahdmadhi is infuriating due to all the repetitive and unwarranted insults and his slow animations.

It is obviously much too early to tell but, so far case 1 has been the best by far, which seems really unusual for the series.

Top Bottom