• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Physical games all the way

Physical or Digital

• Total voters

RickSanchez

T'was just till about 8 years ago that i was buying CDs for PC games. Most of them could be installed from the disc, but still needed a code to be redeemed on Steam (or some other launcher). I think i still have that collection of random discs somewhere.............need to go rummaging for some nostalgia.

Sadly i believe discs for PC games is just not a thing anymore........is it ?

Last edited:

calistan

While having a clearout I found my old copy of Riddick, so I slapped the disc in my Xbox 360, which is still hooked up but seldom used.

It's been so long, it was actually weird to play a game direct from the disc. No installing, just lots of whirring and grinding from the optical drive.

Labadal

Forget the edit. I'll just post here.
AfSs6Us.jpg

RickSanchez RickSanchez I don't even have a disc drive on my new gaming PC. I have a crappy PC with a drive for emulation.

RickSanchez

Forget the edit. I'll just post here.
AfSs6Us.jpg

RickSanchez RickSanchez I don't even have a disc drive on my new gaming PC. I have a crappy PC with a drive for emulation.

Same. My new top of the line pc has no optical drive slot or even a card reader. Sad reality of the PC space now. I miss the late 90s/early 2000s time of going to a shop and learning about new games by browsing the big boxes, checking out the description, screenshots and system requirements on the back, then bringing one home and growing your collection of boxes, debating which game had the best box art. Oh man.

cries in nostalgia

Last edited:
Top Bottom