• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Picross 3D 2 announced

bad_night_for_megaton_by_shadothezombie-d2xx53l.gif

HOLY SHIT YES, I never lost faith .

Is it HAL ?

...Hm

I just wish they'd make a Picross DS 2. Looking forward to this, but the Picross e games just aren't cutting it as a proper sequel IMO.

For this, I just hope that they have an option to let you automatically erase all straight lines of zeros (ie, ones where you would just hold the stylus down to clear a line). That was a huge pet peeve I had with Picross 3D, it was just tedious and required no skill.

So, in that example video, there's nothing particularly unique to the block breaking to give the bevels or spheres? It's just that when a row is cleared, it transitions to the other shape?

Oh well, I'm still over the fucking moon to see this announced. Come on NOA, do it!!

KarmaCow

...Hm

I just wish they'd make a Picross DS 2. Looking forward to this, but the Picross e games just aren't cutting it as a proper sequel IMO.

For this, I just hope that they have an option to let you automatically erase all straight lines of zeros (ie, ones where you would just hold the stylus down to clear a line). That was a huge pet peeve I had with Picross 3D, it was just tedious and required no skill.

Yea I'd prefer Picross 2 over 3D. There were some new tricks in 3D but overall I just found it tedious combing through different layers looking for overlaps or contradictions vs having all the info immediately on the screen at once.

But splitting up the games with e series has allowed them to iterate and refine the best new parts (ie Mega Picross) so I'm okay with the smaller chunks.

LAA

Oh wow! Please be good. I was joyed to have picross e...then e2, e3, e4..to e6 I believe. Just totally milked it and I didn't feel itnwas worth the price they were asking after the 2nd. Hopefully 3D 2 brings back a sense of value

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES I LOVE PICROSS 3D IT'S SUPER GOOD I MADE A PIXEL ART A LONG TIME AGO GET HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE

iUgaJu8.gif

*ahem*

It only took a sequel to get the Picross 3D series on 3DS. Yay!

KarmaCow

Oh wow! Please be good. I was joyed to have picross e...then e2, e3, e4..to e6 I believe. Just totally milked it and I didn't feel itnwas worth the price they were asking after the 2nd. Hopefully 3D 2 brings back a sense of value

They're $6 each for ~150 puzzles and Picross DS had ~300 IIRC, plus they made meaningful additons with each game. I don't see how it was milked.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Really need to try the original, considering I have Picross DS (did all Normal Mode puzzles & up to Level 7 on Free Mode) & e1, e2, & e3 on 3DS.

Amiibo support will be interesting. Maybe you have to solve a puzzle to make a replica of the amiibo you scanned?

lt519

This is absolutely amazing!!!!!! My favorite puzzle game of all time. Should be a super easy translation, do it NoA

LAA

They're $6 each for ~150 puzzles and Picross DS had ~300 IIRC, plus they made meaningful additons with each game. I don't see how it was milked.

Hmm I suppose...I will say they did last me a while. I guess I was just longing for a full picross game instead rather than many smaller sized ones. That and in fact longing for a 3D 2 didnt help ha ha.
3D 2 looks awesome from the video above! Though not sure how I feel about sub sections in the blocks. Not sure how it works...or its automatic.

Picross DS had 1000 DLC puzzles, a multi-player mode, the ability to create puzzles - either by drawing tiles or by actually drawing a picture and having it morph into a Picross puzzle, and 25x20 puzzles.

I paid $20 for that, compared to $36 for the six e-series games

Top Bottom