• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Picross 3D 2 announced

KarmaCow

Picross DS had 1000 DLC puzzles, a multi-player mode, the ability to create puzzles - either by drawing tiles or by actually drawing a picture and having it morph into a Picross puzzle, and 25x20 puzzles.

I paid $20 for that, compared to $36 for the six e-series games

That's fair, even if I didn't really bother with the extra stuff. User created Picross is something that is sorely missing from the e series and it's sucks that they need to include beginner levels every time. I forgot about the DLC stuff too, I hope I still have those levels on my cart.

Fucking finally!!!

I mean is Picross 3D for the 3DS, it just makes sense.

Too bad it looks like all action happens on the bottom, non-3D screen. :p

That's fair, even if I didn't really bother with the extra stuff. User created Picross is something that is sorely missing from the e series and it's sucks that they need to include beginner levels every time. I forgot about the DLC stuff too, I hope I still have those levels on my cart.

I believe that there was a 100-puzzle limit? That was definitely a sore spot for the game.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
This is good, I'll probably pick it up even though I haven't finished all the puzzles in Picross e and e2 (haven't bought the rest because of that). Some are too hard for me :(

Salsa

this is why I thought it'd never happen

surprised it isnt a digital smaller thing, given that it's a full retail game that won't really utilize the 3D

that said; Im still gonna guess the models move to the upper screen when complated to be display in 3D. check the youtube vid

What is Picross?

Puzzle game where you need to figure out how many spaces to fill in and how many to erase based on the numbers on the rows and columns to reveal a picture. This is that but with numbers on all three axis to reveal 3D models.

I can't wait for this. Love Picross so much, though I hope there isn't a time limit this go. Drove me nuts and it adds nothing. 5 mistakes is plenty for penalty. Do jigsaw or crossword puzzles come with an egg timer? So why should this?

I'll be very surprised if NOA release this in NA at retail
It will be mine no matter how they release it, but release it they must!

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Just watched that cat Mario segment. Here are the big things to be divined about the game that I don't think have been covered elsewhere in the thread:

• Blocks you color in function differently in the final shape. Blue blocks will retain their shape, while orange blocks will change.
  • Rows can now have two separate numbers written indicating how many of each color needs to be present.
  • Big puzzles include a bomb button you can press that'll automatically eliminate 0 numbered rows.

Hope that helps~

Slermy

Woot! The first game bother me because the camera rotation and picking were all done with the stylus. I'd imagine with the circle pad, this will play like a dream.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The first one is easily one of my favorite games ever which is weird. Super excited for this

Great news. Picross is such an addictive puzzle game for me, so I'm always down for another fix. Picross 3D was a neat twist on the base concept and offered a lot of value; hopefully this entry will have a similar number of puzzles..

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

THANKS JESUS LORD NINTENDO

THANKS

Madao

this game is perfect for importing so it doesn't matter if NoA drops the ball as usual.

the only thing you'd be missing is the descriptions of the items but i still haven't read the ones from Picross 3D and i've completed almost every puzzle.

Top Bottom