• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pillars of Eternity 2: GAF ISLAND [100% Funded]

Thank you everyone who donated with open arms and warmth. We are 1/4th of the way there, and at this rate, we need $250 a day to make the goal on time.

Here's hoping we get close to it. Thanks again everyone for being kind! :)

The Wart

If we don't get close by, say, a week out, if enough people were interested we could go for "Be an NPC" at $1500 instead.

1. Kickstarter was all the craze.
2. Some really generous folks donated $250+ to 500+.
3. I put in $700 to bump the pledge.
4. EL donated some good money too.
5. I guess economy was better? Lol.

Yeah, I do seem to recall the first game being notably more hyped as well. Maybe we should start a GAF Patreon to fund the island. :p

Yeah, I do seem to recall the first game being notably more hyped as well. Maybe we should start a GAF Patreon to fund the island. :p

Few things can be done.

One thing that can be done is that a copy of the game and other sharable goodies can be given to anyone who pays $100+. That can easily bump this by another $2000.

Maybe I can give away the signed copy of Pillars of Eternity, and PoE2 as well. And more.

Anno

Few things can be done.

One thing that can be done is that a copy of the game and other sharable goodies can be given to anyone who pays $100+. That can easily bump this by another $2000.

Maybe I can give away the signed copy of Pillars of Eternity, and PoE2 as well. And more.

I think Codex worked out something with Obsidian where people who donated to the shared goal at the base digital prices would be given the rewards. Maybe something like that could be worked out here? People in the Fig OT who donated at $29/$45 or whatever could change their contribution over to this, still get what they want and fund the overall goal.

I think Codex worked out something with Obsidian where people who donated to the shared goal at the base digital prices would be given the rewards. Maybe something like that could be worked out here? People in the Fig OT who donated at $29/$45 or whatever could change their contribution over to this, still get what they want and fund the overall goal.

I'm going to contact Obsidian tomorrow and see what I can do. Thanks for the suggestion! Let's make this work!!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'd bump up my donation to $30 for the copy of the game.

Not sure Obsidian would do it though, I don't think the rewards for the first one included the extra copies of the game. That already seems sort of like their way to handle group efforts like this. Can't hurt to try though.

Sarek

I think we should just release the island tier on Fig so someone else with the money could claim it before the campaign ends.

I just donated $30 in appreciation of NeoGAF, I'm not even interested in the game, lol.

Can we get a better title for this thread? I'm pretty sure the current one is not very effective, as I missed it for days. I thought it was an OT for a game, but I entered the thread anyways today because it is unusual to have a sticked OT.

I just donated $30 in appreciation of NeoGAF, I'm not even interested in the game, lol.

Can we get a better title for this thread? I'm pretty sure the current one is not very effective, as I missed it for days. I thought it was an OT for a game, but I entered the thread anyways today because it is unusual to have a sticked OT.

What title would you suggest?

Dex815

I put $50. I think this is still doable.

I didn't get the chance to donate for the inn but an island sounds way cooler :)

kswiston

They should do that for GAF, as we are less likely to shit on the end result than RPG Codex is :p

Illucio

Banned
Not donating a cent until I know the island will have large deposits of cherry soda pop that we can mine in order to feed the somewhat starving children of the island.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just FYI, aside from Valve's default region-locking measures in regions where games are notably cheaper by default, the Pixeljunk titles aren't region-locked. A copy bought from the US store is usable by anybody, regardless of where they live.

Hmm, not sure I'd actually want to do something like this without getting a copy of the game out of it. Tbh its kind of asking a lot of people.

Oh I'm stupid. I thought I needed to have paypal to donate to this and thus wasn't gonna do it.

But yeah I realized my mistake and chipped in 25 bucks. Really hoping it'll be successful.

Top Bottom