• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pilot for cancelled live-action Trauma Team series apparently leaks

Fury451

Banned
No mas

That might be one of the worst things ever. Legitimately.

It's like a CW show threw up on a Z-budget movie and died.

15890932417_fa76c0259c.jpg

Amani

Guess this means I should hurry up and finish Trauma Center so I can get to Team, cuz boy did I not recognize anyone's name in this. Also, I was told Brown Chie was a Trauma Tem. There was no black Chie. What is this. How is this possible.

Ilvocare

Guess this means I should hurry up and finish Trauma Center so I can get to Team, cuz boy did I not recognize anyone's name in this. Also, I was told Brown Chie was a Trauma Tem. There was no black Chie. What is this. How is this possible.

this is not representative of the game

like at all

edit: ok in like the most superficial of ways it's like the game in the whole medical setting but besides that???

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm not even watching it just because the blurb screams "terrible" alone. It's like they missed the fucking point of Trauma Center/Team by like the Pacific Ocean in miles.

Something on Team Medical Dragon's level with vigilante doctors? I'd watch every day.

I always refer to Team Medical Dragon Season 2 - Episode 8 from the 43:00 minutes point to highlight why I love the show so much. It revels in its over-the-top nature in the most straight laced way, complete with Sawano.

Ilvocare

I'm not even watching it just because the blurb screams "terrible" alone. It's like they missed the fucking point of Trauma Center/Team by like the Pacific Ocean in miles.

This is great.

I have finished actually watching this pilot.

Oh my god.

People joke about Akira and Ghost in the Shell getting bastardized and whitewashed when taken into the wings of western producers, but this... this is that ACTUALLY happening to something I hold incredibly dear to me.

I think I might actually get sick...

I almost want to talk about the progression of this pilot in how bafflingly stupid it all is.

for one what the fuck are you doing by having a blatant failure of the core concept be the defining moment for its inception

like what

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
So...

What was going on with that drill at the end? Did they further disfigure him?

Also, just what a show about giving people hope needs: a failure in the first episode.

Additionally, I couldn't help but notice that this show seems to gloriously fail the Bechdel test. Like, a textbook case of failure. The original game had a way more interesting cast...

Sadly, I don't think anything was lost when this wasn't picked up.

1upsuper

...How? How on earth did this almost happen? This is so completely wild I can barely comprehend it. I love the Trauma Center series but a TV show based on this niche Atlus series seems like insanity.

NeOak

The best thing about this pilot is Aeana's response

I came to reply to this with Team Medical Dragon, but someone already did the good work.

It's on Crunchyroll y'all.

Iryu-_Team_Medical_Dragon_4-p1.jpg

Something on Team Medical Dragon's level with vigilante doctors? I'd watch every day.

I read the description:

"Ryutaro Asada, a renegade but brilliant surgeon, was being framed for a misdiagnosis and let go by the North Japanese Hospital. He went into exile and lived in a seaside shack when he was visited by Akira Kato, assistant professor of the Faculty of Cardiac Surgery at Meishin University Medical Hospital. Despite being a female doctor, Akira managed to become an assistant professor. She was ambitious and set her goal to be promoted to full professor by succeeding in a surgery using the Batista technique - an extremely difficult type of heart surgery - and to write a paper on it...."

Wut? misogyny much?

Wut? misogyny much?

It's a story that revolves around Japanese university hospital politics, and with it comes faculty warfare, professor politics, and nepotism that is largely old Japanese men centric.

So yeah, the fact that Kato is an ambitious, young career woman rustles some jimmies of the senior doctors.

Kinyou

It's great that they made themselves sterile with some weird lightbulb, but that doesn't mean that they should operate without a hair net or masks.

IrishNinja

hoooooo boy

i bought trauma team for like a tenner years ago, and it was such a sound investment....easily the most fun i had with an already fun series

...which deserves better than this

Dee Dee

I came to reply to this with Team Medical Dragon, but someone already did the good work.

It's on Crunchyroll y'all.

Iryu-_Team_Medical_Dragon_4-p1.jpg

Isn't the latest Kamen Rider also about a bunch of doctors (and a pop idol) with video game powers?

It's not a far fetch to add a Trauma Team drama, there's no excuse to not do it justice with all its over the top anime bullshit.

Why would you cut the bullshit and keep the name? How???

Deft Beck

Isn't the latest Kamen Rider also about a bunch of doctors (and a pop idol) with video game powers?

It's not a far fetch to add a Trauma Team drama, there's no excuse to not do it justice with all its over the top anime bullshit.

Why would you cut the bullshit and keep the name? How???

Because it relied on the same principles of the Wii era, in which you could crib from an existing property without bothering to use more than the surface elements, because the brand name was the most important part.

Of course, the game did much worse than expected.

Top Bottom