• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Planetside 2- Planetsized Battlefield now on Ps4

Seems like the new patch has introduced some bugs, and the EU patch has been delayed:

@AndySites 4 hours ago
We're going to postpone the EU #ps2onps4 game update until we resolve the spawn crash issue introduced today. Once resolved, we will update
https://twitter.com/AndySites/status/623232336654544897

Planetside forums said:
As you can see, there were a handful of issues introduced with Game Update 1. We're currently working to address the following top issues:

- Spawn/respawn crash.
- Kill stats not being applied to Medals/Ribbons properly.
- Reports of unlocks missing from class/vehicle loadout UI. (toggling R1/L1 or closing/reopening the window appears to fix it.)
- Players that get disconnected still showing up in the Squad list.

We've spoken with Sony and they are ready to expedite an approval as soon as we submit the fixes. I will post an update in a few hours. I apologize for the inconvenience.
https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/game-update-1-issues-were-tracking.230075/

Sorral

Yeah, the crashes were ridiculous. I just stopped trying earlier because of them.

What wrong with commandos? It is the most legit name there is.

Nothing wrong with it itself. I just don't picture Planetside 2 Vanu as commandos thing lol mostly remember old commando movies for some reason.

Boy you guys weren't kidding when you said this game isn't beginner friendly. Slowly learning to play with this thread is helping a lot. Will continue trudging along

I see Vanu is still heavily outnumbered on Ceres, the only EU server with a population big enough to be worth playing.

Yeah. Well I tried it but I think I'm gonna give this game a rest.
Got my main up to BR24 but it's not much fun when often we can be outnumbered up to 4 to 1.

Maybe if they merge servers and find a way to decrease the imbalance a bit, I'll come back to it.

I think it's unlikely, I can only see the population continuing to dwindle at this rate The core gameplay can be fun but I can't see many lnew players sticking with this for very long due to its unfriendly menu design and lack of explanation of key gameplay elements, it's extremely unbalanced faction populations and the inability to move characters to new servers, and the fact that unlocking new stuff becomes a heavy grind later on.

Nothing wrong with it itself. I just don't picture Planetside 2 Vanu as commandos thing lol mostly remember old commando movies for some reason.

For Vanu, i'm thinking GAF Zealots, GAFanatics, etc. or Team purple.

Anyway, I like the fix to the vehicle stores. Can finally see what items look like on vehicles instead of guessing from the tiny pic or the weird rotating subwindow.

Sorral

Almost done with the OT, but I'm getting really sleepy, so I'll finish it up when I wake up. Already spent a few hours here and there on it.

I need title suggestions:

Planetside 2 PS4 |OT|

For Vanu, i'm thinking GAF Zealots, GAFanatics, etc. or Team purple.

Anyway, I like the fix to the vehicle stores. Can finally see what items look like on vehicles instead of guessing from the tiny pic or the weird rotating subwindow.

Yeah, that sounds more like it. Vanus are viewed as very religious nut jobs and so on: http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Vanu_Sovereignty

Ted

Server Smash info.

That's really cool but you're right, that's not going to play out on the consoles!

Technical and user account limitations probably both play a part but I suppose they could do something like all US VS vs all EU NC on a given date and add a specific new server only accessible to these groups. Do a different match up each month, that kind of thing. It's simpler and wouldn't have the same vibe but might be an interesting additional activity now and then.

A big part of this is that the game discourages people from dying in bad places, something I wish more games did. Yes, it burns you a lot as LA/Inf, and as medic I sometimes burn a rez grenade if someone valuable dies in a spot like that, but I think it's better than giving medics more mobility (especially considering their combat effectiveness). That being said, you do have Adrenaline Pump as an option in your suit slot, and I don't know how well wall scaling stuff works on PS4 as it does on PC (basically owing to engine quirks you can jump up mostly vertical inclines if your framerate is high enough, so that's something I abuse a lot).

Generally speaking, as a medic, you shouldn't be chasing those people down either, as it puts you at significant risk. :)

Excellent points. I hadn't really thought about it as a good way to encourage team play and staying with the pack/on point.

Is the combat effectiveness you mention for medics simply down to the ARs being such an adaptable weapon or is there something else I haven't thought of (or are you referencing the support they give strengthening a squad)?

Thanks again for the post Espher, it's always interresting stuff.

Outfit and people joining it should get its own thread along with letting people know of the update, yeah.
A lot of people left the game because of how glitchy it was.

I agree.

I was thinking about it, but I'm not sure that I should. Someone who is consistently on might be better suited for it. As far as I know, a large portion of GAF's players are on Genudine/Vanu.

Whilst this is true, please allow a section in the OT for other outfits/factions/servers as not all of GAF is N.Am and some of us (well me at least) simply can't play Vanu due to it making fights against NC literally impossible (visually impaired).

I'm all about accessibility and inclusion. :)

That's a bit shit. Always surprised when such significant issues get missed on a single spec platform but oh well.

Looks like we're going to have to be invited directly from the person that created the outfit.. Information for me is above. Please add. Thanks.

That's going to make outfit leaders jobs a bit of a PITA but I suppose like the game, you gotta show your dedication to the cause.

In order for me to add you, you guy will need o be online for me to send you the invite.

And that even more so!

Boy you guys weren't kidding when you said this game isn't beginner friendly. Slowly learning to play with this thread is helping a lot. Will continue trudging along

You'll get there, I'd barely played an FPS let alone an MMOFPS and I'm slowly getting there, I feel a little out of my depth quite often still but I think I understand the core game now and a little of the meta.

If you play EU/Ceres/TR feel free to add me.

Almost done with the OT, but I'm getting really sleepy, so I'll finish it up when I wake up. Already spent a few hours here and there on it.

I need title suggestions:

Planetside 2 PS4 |OT|

Might be worth waiting for this patch to be re-released?

If you need a hand with asset creation or anything let me know. I've only done one OT and it wasn't hugely well received but I think at least it was neat, relatively informative and accessible (reminds me I really need to update it with recent patch details).

Planetside 2 PS4 |OT| Zealots apply within
Planetside 2 PS4 |OT| This facility is lost, fall back and regroup...
Planetside 2 PS4 |OT| Size matters
Planetside 2 PS4 |OT| "It goes by quickly as long as I am focusing on shooting mans"
Planetside 2 PS4 |OT| Fuck you colour blind weirdo
Planetside 2 PS4 |OT| Friendly fire: ON

espher

I see Vanu is still heavily outnumbered on Ceres, the only EU server with a population big enough to be worth playing.

Yeah. Well I tried it but I think I'm gonna give this game a rest.
Got my main up to BR24 but it's not much fun when often we can be outnumbered up to 4 to 1.

In situations like that, you need to make fights happen where you have favourable (or at least fun unfavourable) odds. This is likely something that can start to happen now that outfits are in play, as a slightly more coordinated force can walk all over a disorganized zergball mess (though 2:1 ratios are generally the upper bound if you're a small force owing to an inability to counter a large MAX pull). In pug play you really can't deal with a zerg without a zerg of your own, unfortunately.

Whether that's your cup of tea is a different ballgame, but it's how I (and my outfit) generally play on PC. ;)

[...] and the fact that unlocking new stuff becomes a heavy grind later on.

This is not specifically directed to you, but is more of a general comment.

You don't need everything at max rank (there are significant diminishing returns in most cases), and you don't need everything day one, and if you let upgrades come to you as a secondary facet of regular play, you'll fare much better with the game (from a burnout standpoint). I still don't have anywhere close to everything on my main, who is BR70 (which is also not even half way to BR100), but I had 'enough' for three classes to be very competitively geared by about BR30.

Excellent points. I hadn't really thought about it as a good way to encourage team play and staying with the pack/on point.

Is the combat effectiveness you mention for medics simply down to the ARs being such an adaptable weapon or is there something else I haven't thought of (or are you referencing the support they give strengthening a squad)?

It's a little of both, really. ARs are highly effective at nearly every range and generally put out high dps, you have the second-highest infantry durability in the game thanks to the PBAoE heal aura (which also tops up or keeps supporting allies in the fight), and you keep fights going via rez grenades and the revive tool. They've also got C4 to help deal with MAXes and armor, though not as effectively as a light assault (owing to less z-axis movement). They basically do what a heavy does, with a 'better' gun for most situations (LMGs are nice though) and without a shield and rocket launcher. There's a reason they're colloquially called medium assault. :)

If you were to give them enough mobility to be able to chase down dead light assaults, there would be no point in playing light assault (which is already a limited utility role in squad play)!

Edit: Mostly unrelated - I recorded some PC footage of me putzing around for an hour last night with the KSR-35 (which is the TR CQC semi-auto sniper) trying to work on getting some kills with it, mostly as a capture quality test, but if you want to see a scrubby player still performing decently well, give it a peek. There's a little bit of salt and some mild profanity. I'm trying to get in a habit of talking about things I'm doing (and why) while playing to hopefully give some insight to folks, though that will be a WIP as I don't normally talk to myself. ;)

I ground, ground, ground away to get 1000certs to unlock the NS annihilator and god-damn was it worth it. Took maybe 6-8hours to grind away for it but it feels like beast mode, nothing on land or air is safe!

Getting pretty good with the Viper tank too.

Not sure I'm quite cut out to lead an outfit but I would like to join one (Ceres/Vanu).

Also, I fancy there are a few more Vanu players. Still regularly getting rolled by NC and particularly the TR but I fancy there were slightly more meaningful forces last night.

(I do have a NC character at BR12 but as most of my best unlocks are on my Vanu character, I'll probably stick there unless there is a mass defection or something which makes playing Vanu a pointless act)

Zocano

My pitches for the titles:

|OT| I zerg you, You zerg me

|OT| Barney & Fascist, Hillbilly Friends

|OT| Disconnect from Spandex

|OT| Going Zerg

Sorral

So it seems that they fixed the medals/ribbons issues and are about to do a server side update with a bit of downtime (or have done? not sure yet.)

They haven't fixed the most glaring issue yet: Crashing over and over.

Whilst this is true, please allow a section in the OT for other outfits/factions/servers as not all of GAF is N.Am and some of us (well me at least) simply can't play Vanu due to it making fights against NC literally impossible (visually impaired).

I'm all about accessibility and inclusion. :)

Yeah, I mentioned that in the OT that people can join anything they want and make another outfit especially for other factions. It is understandable as many have invested a good amount of time into their characters or are on other servers. As for the colors, the PC version allows you to change colors to whatever you want, so hopefully they add that in the PS4 version later.

Might be worth waiting for this patch to be re-released?

If you need a hand with asset creation or anything let me know. I've only done one OT and it wasn't hugely well received but I think at least it was neat, relatively informative and accessible (reminds me I really need to update it with recent patch details).

I was thinking of doing exactly that. I'm down to the guides section, some cleaning to classes section and adding the controls layouts. But the crashing in the game is so bad that it might put off more people from playing the game after they download for the first time. :/ At least, the devs are replying on their official forums about the issues, so I don't think I should rush in posting the OT.

Thanks for the offer. I might send you what I have finished near posting time, so you can take a look over it and tell me what to change. Does that sound good with you? I am going to wait until we hear more about their fixing to the issues though.

Planetside 2 PS4 |OT| Zealots apply within
Planetside 2 PS4 |OT| Fuck you colour blind weirdo
Planetside 2 PS4 |OT| Friendly Fire: ON
My pitches for the titles:

|OT| Barney & Fascist, Hillbilly Friends
|OT| Disconnect from Spandex

Prefer funny/reference ones. I tried reducing it to less choices. If anyone has anymore, post them! After that, we will go with what most people want.
Thanks for the suggestions btw!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Got around to downloading this on PS4. Man, I need to find proper aiming sensitivity settings, because I'm horrible with this on controller.

I will throw in a title that would have made sense 2 years ago:

[OT] Vanu ZOE is OP

Sorral

^ Thanks for the titles.

But yeah, I think it is best if the OT doesn't get posted until they address the crashing. It is ridiculous as it just happened to me four times in the span of 10 minutes after not crashing for two hours or so.

Ted

It's a little of both, really. ARs are highly effective at nearly every range and generally put out high dps, you have the second-highest infantry durability in the game thanks to the PBAoE heal aura (which also tops up or keeps supporting allies in the fight), and you keep fights going via rez grenades and the revive tool. They've also got C4 to help deal with MAXes and armor, though not as effectively as a light assault (owing to less z-axis movement). They basically do what a heavy does, with a 'better' gun for most situations (LMGs are nice though) and without a shield and rocket launcher. There's a reason they're colloquially called medium assault. :)

Medium assault, fair play!

That all makes sense, I put some time in as Medic last night and did find the T1 Cycler AR fairly nice. It's pretty effective on full auto fired in burst at medium range and even works OK at longer range though here it's lower damage (compared to Vanu AR, not sure about NC) becomes apparent as you really can't make up for it with rate of fire.

If you were to give them enough mobility to be able to chase down dead light assaults, there would be no point in playing light assault (which is already a limited utility role in squad play)!

How do you guys use LA? I use it largely as a way to quickly get to and away from points or to try and get to a sneaky spot to take out opposition holding a choke point and I guess this mobility makes it my go to class for instant action 96+ fights when I'm not in the mood to think to hard.

Edit: Mostly unrelated - I recorded some PC footage of me putzing around for an hour last night with the KSR-35 (which is the TR CQC semi-auto sniper) trying to work on getting some kills with it, mostly as a capture quality test, but if you want to see a scrubby player still performing decently well, give it a peek. There's a little bit of salt and some mild profanity. I'm trying to get in a habit of talking about things I'm doing (and why) while playing to hopefully give some insight to folks, though that will be a WIP as I don't normally talk to myself. ;)

I've only watched the first 15-20 minutes or so but enjoyed watching the PC version is action. I really like the map UI, all the additional options are nicely laid out and though it is designed for point and click I still think it would work better than the current console version. The vehicles UI is better as well.

Excellent target selection and shooting as well man, looking forward to watching more when I cook dinner tonight.

I ground, ground, ground away to get 1000certs to unlock the NS annihilator and god-damn was it worth it. Took maybe 6-8hours to grind away for it but it feels like beast mode, nothing on land or air is safe!

Are there any disadvantages over the dumb fire standard HA rocket launcher? Longer reload time? Long time to lock?

Yeah, I mentioned that in the OT that people can join anything they want and make another outfit especially for other factions. It is understandable as many have invested a good amount of time into their characters or are on other servers. As for the colors, the PC version allows you to change colors to whatever you want, so hopefully they add that in the PS4 version later.

Thanks! My main is currently TR (BR26 I think) but I have got a low level Vanu character (was BR17 but didn't get to re-spec at 15 so deleted and now back at BR3) that I plan to play once the user colour change/accessibility options are in if GAF is still active at that point.

I was thinking of doing exactly that. I'm down to the guides section, some cleaning to classes section and adding the controls layouts. But the crashing in the game is so bad that it might put off more people from playing the game after they download for the first time. :/ At least, the devs are replying on their official forums about the issues, so I don't think I should rush in posting the OT.

Thanks for the offer. I might send you what I have finished near posting time, so you can take a look over it and tell me what to change. Does that sound good with you? I am going to wait until we hear more about their fixing to the issues though.

Sounds like a good plan and yes, happy to read anything you want to send Sorral.

Got around to downloading this on PS4. Man, I need to find proper aiming sensitivity settings, because I'm horrible with this on controller.

You'll need to play around with the options and still may have to compromise in some situations. For example, all turrets seem to work on one setting but they don't end up with consistent turn/movement speed so they might fit for a gun on one vehicle but not another.

I'm still playing with mine but I'm close, at least when being infantry.

espher

Medium assault, fair play!

That all makes sense, I put some time in as Medic last night and did find the T1 Cycler AR fairly nice. It's pretty effective on full auto fired in burst at medium range and even works OK at longer range though here it's lower damage (compared to Vanu AR, not sure about NC) becomes apparent as you really can't make up for it with rate of fire.

The Cycler is a very, very good AR -- certainly the best of the starters for all-round play, though I'd recommend looking at the TAR or TRV as a future upgrade option. The best Vanu ARs are the H-V45 and Terminus. I haven't played enough NC medic to speak to that, honestly, but I did like the Carnage.

How do you guys use LA? I use it largely as a way to quickly get to and away from points or to try and get to a sneaky spot to take out opposition holding a choke point and I guess this mobility makes it my go to class for instant action 96+ fights when I'm not in the mood to think to hard.

In organized squad play, nobody really 'mains' LA outside of a handful of bases/building types, mostly because organized squad play involves swift/sweeping attacks as a blob or chokepoint defences. Generally, someone swaps to it to drop a beacon when you first land at a base (in such a way that someone on the other side has to waste time as LA to blow it up), and people will sometimes pull if it you're floating around to destroy parked Sunderers (though generally for that you're having people swap to HA/Engi and air dropping on them with a Galaxy or Valkyrie) or sneak some C4 into a crowded room.

In larger scale play there's value to having one or several LAs performing flanking duty around platforms, on walls, through windows, etc, but in squad play you're almost always better having another HA or Medic in that slot. Think of it this way -- in squad play, when compared to a heavy you're trading overshield + LMGs' sustained fire + rockets' AV/AI/Anti-Max for a carbine and a jetpack, and when compared to a medic you're trading heals/shield regen, revives, revive grenades, and an AR for a carbine and a jetpack. The tradeoff isn't anywhere near worth it, especially on point holds (offensive or defensive).

Are there any disadvantages over the dumb fire standard HA rocket launcher? Longer reload time? Long time to lock?

Not a question for me, but I'm answering stuff anyway, so...

The Anni is a good all-around weapon, but you most commonly want lockons for anti-air as -- outside of a nice AV nest parked on a hill wrecking an armor convoy en route to another base, which is always hilarious -- you're going to be peeking and dumbfiring rockets. My recommended rocket launcher of choice for versatility is the AA-lockon w/ dumbfire capability that each faction has (this is the Grounder for TR). It's (relatively) inexpensive, does decent damage to air (especially massed), locks on to air quickly, and can be dumbfired against infantry and armor. Does a bit less damage but you're not soloing anything but an ESF or abandoned Sunderer with rockets anyway. ;)

That being said, I have the Annihilator in every HA slot that isn't equipping a Grounder. :)

Decided to see how bad the patch is; Had a little time to kill and loaded up PS2. Get to spawn screen, scroll around for ~30 seconds without deploying. Blue screen. Well, that answers that.

Decided to see how bad the patch is; Had a little time to kill and loaded up PS2. Get to spawn screen, scroll around for ~30 seconds without deploying. Blue screen. Well, that answers that.

Yeah, it's pretty bad. Half the time the game crashes now it takes my PS4 down with it.

Apparently the new patch for this and a few other issues was submitted to Sony last night, though. https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/fix-to-spawn-deploy-crash.230250/

Ted

Think of it this way -- in squad play, when compared to a heavy you're trading overshield + LMGs' sustained fire + rockets' AV/AI/Anti-Max for a carbine and a jetpack, and when compared to a medic you're trading heals/shield regen, revives, revive grenades, and an AR for a carbine and a jetpack. The tradeoff isn't anywhere near worth it, especially on point holds (offensive or defensive).

All great points. So really LA is mostly useful for extreme mobility stuff. I guess that's why I end up using it on the console, right stick aiming is always going to be slower than mouse aiming (and mine is pretty poor either way) so the mobility maybe feels more useful/powerful as a result.

I am going to have to start thinking more methodically about my loadout choices.

Not a question for me, but I'm answering stuff anyway, so...

The Anni is a good all-around weapon, but you most commonly want lockons for anti-air as -- outside of a nice AV nest parked on a hill wrecking an armor convoy en route to another base, which is always hilarious -- you're going to be peeking and dumbfiring rockets. My recommended rocket launcher of choice for versatility is the AA-lockon w/ dumbfire capability that each faction has (this is the Grounder for TR). It's (relatively) inexpensive, does decent damage to air (especially massed), locks on to air quickly, and can be dumbfired against infantry and armor. Does a bit less damage but you're not soloing anything but an ESF or abandoned Sunderer with rockets anyway. ;)

That being said, I have the Annihilator in every HA slot that isn't equipping a Grounder. :)

Interesting. I can't get heavy assault to work for me yet but these are more suggestions for me to think about going forward. This game! So many things to try!

Yeah, it's pretty bad. Half the time the game crashes now it takes my PS4 down with it.

Apparently the new patch for this and a few other issues was submitted to Sony last night, though. https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/fix-to-spawn-deploy-crash.230250/

Thanks N.Am guys for dealing with this annoyance, I hope this fixes everything for you (and subsequently Europe and elsewhere).

What are the ribbon bonuses they mention? I have a counter at the bottom of my session stats screen that says something along the lines of "next available in 699999 hours" but what exactly is the next they are referring too? I still seem to get 250XP bonuses now and then that show at the side of the screen and appear to be related to doing a lot of x, y or z action. Is this counter related to something different?

inki

Man, I'm NC on Palos, got like 2 days playtime.. Do I restart on Gaf server? I'm assuming they actually play smartly and I wouldn't get as annoyed playing.. hmmm

What are the ribbon bonuses they mention? I have a counter at the bottom of my session stats screen that says something along the lines of "next available in 699999 hours" but what exactly is the next they are referring too? I still seem to get 250XP bonuses now and then that show at the side of the screen and appear to be related to doing a lot of x, y or z action. Is this counter related to something different?

I think you're supposed to get double XP for your first few ribbons of the day, so I guess the counter tracks when the next day begins.

espher

I think you're supposed to get double XP for your first few ribbons of the day, so I guess the counter tracks when the next day begins.

Correct.

Obtaining a ribbon gives you 250 XP (1 cert). The first five ribbons of any given calendar day give you 500 XP (2 certs).

inki

When the new ot goes up I will make a time where the people who join the Outfit can meet me in game

So I'm "rerolled" as Vanu on the correct server. I've added my name to the spreadsheet. How do I go about actually joining the outfit?

Thanks! Still a bit of a newb in the social aspect of the game. I've been just lone wolfing it around.

Mahonay

Banned
How's the update been since the server hotfix the other day? Been playing too much Rocket League to check.

Also looking forward to the new OT going up so we can all join a NeoGAF Outfit and make things a lot easier for all of us in game.

Was playing last night. Seemed stable enough. FPS seems better too. I still run into a bug where if the continent is taken, I can't warp off.

Anyways, looking forward to new OT as well so I can join an outfit.

Name: surefire1982
Faction: NC
Server: Genudine

Heroman

Banned
So I'm "rerolled" as Vanu on the correct server. I've added my name to the spreadsheet. How do I go about actually joining the outfit?

Thanks! Still a bit of a newb in the social aspect of the game. I've been just lone wolfing it around.

Was playing last night. Seemed stable enough. FPS seems better too. I still run into a bug where if the continent is taken, I can't warp off.

The only way to join a outfit is to do in game.

inki

The only way to join a outfit is to do in game.

Gotcha, I have to be invited I would assume? Well my info is on the spreadsheet so I'll await an invite. If not I will do my best once the new OT comes out and meet up with everyone. Thanks for the info!

Sorral

Will try to get the OT up sometime tomorrow while PM'ing Ted what I got of it done tonight for feedback.

How's the update been since the server hotfix the other day? Been playing too much Rocket League to check.

Also looking forward to the new OT going up so we can all join a NeoGAF Outfit and make things a lot easier for all of us in game.

It is really good now. Only disconnected once with no crashes. The loading times can off every now and then though.

KageMaru

Saw that I got another update yesterday. Still haven't loaded the game up, is this supposed to fix the issues introduced with the last patch?

Heroman

Banned

Wrong faction

Dont hate me...but DB refuses to advertise items we create for their games and reddit is a denizen of evil.

Here is a helmet i worked on for the marketplace..its currently up on the market

TR Executioner

i wanted to go for mean-ness and a bit of a retro sci fi look

xydheWW.jpg

Sorral

OT is done! Thanks to Ted for the help with it!

Need to settle on a title now:

Planetside 2 PS4 |OT| Barney & Fascist, Hillbilly Friends

Planetside 2 PS4 [OT] Fascists vs Cultists vs PMCs

Or any previous/new suggestions. My friend says Friendly Fire one fits well.

Heroman

Banned
OT is done! Thanks to Ted for the help with it!

Need to settle on a title now:

Planetside 2 PS4 |OT| Barney & Fascist, Hillbilly Friends

Planetside 2 PS4 [OT] Fascists vs Cultists vs PMCs

Or any previous/new suggestions. My friend says Friendly Fire one fits well.

Friendly fire on is a fantastic name.

It cant target infantry so you cant dumb fire it into choke-points or whatever but it rules the land/air. Takes about 5 seconds to lock and fires in a straight line/most direct line so if the enemy goes behind/under/over something you can't "curve" your shots to compensate. Just damaging air vehicles gives you XP and destroying them gives you BIG XP (like 500 odd). As most people don't have flares/smoke/etc on their vehicles, it is an almost guaranteed hit. Reload speed is about the same.

Top Bottom