• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Planetside 2- Planetsized Battlefield now on Ps4

shmoglish

Planetside-2-wallpaper-010.jpg

First things first: This isn´t (and never will be) the OT (not in the classic gaf way). Also, this is my first thread and english isn´t my native language. Great conditions, right? Feel free to criticise me or give some tips. This is a quick thing, but I will add some informations about the game in the future/later.

What is Planetside 2 and what are the key features of the game?

whatisps2fpl7t.png

massivewarfareo7zyn.png

classeslzblj.png

weaponspox1n.png

vehiclesbus9o.png

What are these "Factions"? And whats the gaf side of the force?

There are three Factions in the game: New Conclomerate, Terran Republic and Vanu Sovereignty

LyZBDdY.png

QXCF9tm.png

p28fEID.png

We did a poll (thank you Arramos) and most of the gaffers wanted to play as Vanu (same decision for eu and na). Of course you can chose every faction you want, but this is where your gaffers are.

Ok, Vanu, but which server?

We also did a poll for the servers (thanks again Arramos). There are 4 servers, 2 for NA(Genudine and Palos), 2 for EU(Ceres and Lithcorp), and the winners are Genudine for NA and Ceres for EU.

How to play?

Work in progress, but here is a beginners guide youtube video.

Ultimate Beginners Guide

How much is the fish?

Planetside 2 is free 2 play and you can download the game via the playstation store. You also don`t need PlaystationPlus for the game. Of course you can spend some money for memberships (brings you xp bonus, battle cash and whatever. Will add some information), but this shouldn´t be necessary.

This Thread is for:

-Teaming up, so post your ID, Region and Faction or whatever is important
-Discussions
-Get some informations (from other uthers and the first post when it is updated)

List of Players (PSN ID/Gaf Name/Region/Faction/Server)

orthodoxy1095 started a spreadsheet via google. If you add your name there, I can use it for the list here in the first post and you can use the list or the spreadsheet for adding some new players. So here is the spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HmFGTjK-eeBxLH8eS3HFCQ9CGLcuCMHPeaWmlfLxHPM/edit#gid=0

Whitenovember/Shmoglish/EU/-/-
Arrrammis/Arramos/NA/-/-
Asane/Soi-Fong/NA/-(Vanu on Pc)/TBD
lookatmego1984/LookAtMeGo/NA/
SpiritSlayer0/SpiritSlayer/NA/-/-
bmc811/ryseing/NA/-/-
stray_dog_strut/

Stike

No reply, because everyone is playing Arkham Knight :p

Seriously, I am looking forward to this game! Will download ASAP!

Soi-Fong

PSN: Asane
Region: NA
Faction: Vanu in PC, but I'm fine with whatever GAF will go with.
Server: TBD

I'm hoping I can use my same Station Acct since I have 80 bucks in Station Dollars still on it.

Arrrammis

Thanks for making this thread!

Arrrammis/Arramos/NA/-/-

Anyone have any strong opinions for which server/faction we should have for Gaf? I don't really care (although I have heard some factions are better than others in most situations). I just want to be able to jump in with a group rather than go it solo or with random (wasn't very fun on PC, probably not very fun on ps4).

The game is a lot of fun. The beta was great but the servers were pretty dead sometimes. I was really hoping this would take off but I get the feeling that they waited too long. Hope to see lots of people playing for at least a while

EGOMON

PSN ID: GeoDarky
I vote for New Conglomerate as Gaf faction since they are my minority
Region: Middle East/Europe

This is F2P right? I know very little about this, but I'm intrigued by the large scale battles. What has been GAFs reception of it?

I'll probably get on it. PSN = Party_on_Darth

shmoglish

This is F2P right? I know very little about this, but I'm intrigued by the large scale battles. What has been GAFs reception of it?

I'll probably get on it. PSN = Party_on_Darth

Is this a free to play like Blacklight (as in no ps+ required)?

Yes, game is F2p.

People are picking Vanu already? Can't we vote on this? Lol

Aw server unavailable

Are we all to pick one faction?

Sure. I will ask a mod for the poll.

BShadowJ

Well I don't know if I'll play this for long, but I'm willing to give it a try.

BShadowJ/BShadowJ/EU/-/-

I don't really care about the Faction and Server, you guys choose. Also, I can't play on NA servers from EU? I mean I sorta get it but couldn't you do that on PC?

Well I don't know if I'll play this for long, but I'm willing to give it a try.

BShadowJ/BShadowJ/EU/-/-

I don't really care about the Faction and Server, you guys choose. Also, I can't play on NA servers from EU? I mean I sorta get it but couldn't you do that on PC?

Hey, your ass belongs to Rocket League come next month ;)

If I didn't care for Bf 4, is there any reason to believe I'd like this? I apologize if this is a dumb question but I know nothing about this game.

Blanquito

I'm up for giving this a shot. Have about 4 others that will do it with me. Hopefully I can bring them along? I don't know how teamwork and grouping up together will work in this game yet.

If I didn't care for Bf 4, is there any reason to believe I'd like this? I apologize if this is a dumb question but I know nothing about this game.
I was never big into BF4 and I like PS2. I'm a sucker for the sci fi setting. The battles are also much bigger and hectic in my experience. You can go somewhere with a few friends to take on some smaller battles on one part of the map or you can join in on some of the large scale wars that are pretty insane. I had a moment where I was crossing a frozen lake in a tank with 10 other tanks and multiple guys flying over head and like 50 infantry troops all headed to capture a point and it really was a cool feeling I never experienced in any other MP shooter. Id say its worth a try at least.

Curious if I'll enjoy this more with a controller in a console setting. I've installed and uninstalled this game like 3 times on PC over the past couple of years.

I'm up for giving this a shot. Have about 4 others that will do it with me. Hopefully I can bring them along? I don't know how teamwork and grouping up together will work in this game yet.
You can get a squad going by meeting up at the same point on the map (on the same server) and you put someone in your crosshair and bring up the quick menu and select the 'join squad' button. So it is still possible to team up when not in a clan. Then you switch your chat to squad chat. Or just do party chat.

xinek

Sooo.... I created a character -- no information on the factions, so whatever. I had to pick a server out of two available. No information about what the differences are. I picked one, and now when I try to play my character, it says "Server Unavailable" and kicks me out to the title screen. Is there a good beginner's guide for PS4 that someone can recommend?

Sooo.... I created a character -- no information on the factions, so whatever. I had to pick a server out of two available. No information about what the differences are. I picked one, and now when I try to play my character, it says "Server Unavailable" and kicks me out to the title screen. Is there a good beginner's guide for PS4 that someone can recommend?
I would watch the instructional videos on the planetside 2 website.

Blanquito

You can get a squad going by meeting up at the same point on the map (on the same server) and you put someone in your crosshair and bring up the quick menu and select the 'join squad' button. So it is still possible to team up when not in a clan. Then you switch your chat to squad chat. Or just do party chat.

Ah cool, thanks.

Top Bottom