• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Planetside 2- Planetsized Battlefield now on Ps4

BShadowJ

Nooo! We got to get him away from that!

Oh god we're gonna derail the thread into a Rocket League thread aren't we??
Yes it's hard waiting x)

OT: So... When exactly are the servers up? It says on their forums it would be up at 4pm GMT... It's 9:30pm here. :/

Wreav

Banned
I tried this out forever ago on PC, and found the maps just entirely too big and empty...has that gotten any better?

Bastion

I see that my Planetside 2 Beta 2 has a large update today. Does anyone know if this update makes it the full game or will I have to delete and re download?

Clockwork5

Info:

PSN: xx_clockwork5_xx
Region: North America
Faction: (I will follow the group as I really know very little about this game)

bombshell

I see that my Planetside 2 Beta 2 has a large update today. Does anyone know if this update makes it the full game or will I have to delete and re download?

It should be the same. When I downloaded it today from the store, it said Closed Beta 2 and then there was an update.

PSN: DoubleDeazy2
Region: North America
Faction: Whatever Gaf goes with

First time playing this so eager to see how everything works

Arrrammis

So how long until we pick a faction? I really want to play with Gaffers.
Someone said that they would ask a mod to add a survey, but I'm not sure how long that would take... I could just create a quick poll on Google if people get tired of waiting. Then we give it an hour or two and meet up on whatever sever+faction is most popular.

PSN: bidbaldwolf86
Faction: Vanu
Server: Ceres

Just created a character but I can't get into the game at all. It just keeps saying server unavailable.

Has the early-game been polished up at all? I played a bit of the beta and everything about the start of the game (the interface, the lack of information or proper guidance, etc) was like getting punched in the face.

Thread needs screens and battle compilation vids STAT. Hard to even describe the scale of this game.

I remember showing it to a console friend who had just gotten on PC. It was a night battle on Esamir. We had no ride, but the battle was a few hundred yards ahead of us. He saw the dropships deploying troops, the bombers swooping in, the tanks rolling out, and of course, the hundreds of infantry. He didn't believe they were actually all other players!

How can the servers not hold up here? They've had such a long time to figure this stuff out. Oh well. I'll keep checking every once in a while.

shmoglish

I will add a few things like the IDs tomorrow (it is already 11pm here). Sorry for the chaos in the first post. For the poll I asked a mod, but it looks like we won`t get one.

AxelFoley

How can the servers not hold up here? They've had such a long time to figure this stuff out. Oh well. I'll keep checking every once in a while.

That's what I'm wondering. I'm in the U.S. and I can't get in on either server. Been looking forward to playing this game for a long time and now I can't even get in.

I tried this out forever ago on PC, and found the maps just entirely too big and empty...has that gotten any better?

Give it another shot. People tend to gather at specific hotspots, especially since they added the linking system (forget what it's called).

Basically, there are more restrictions in place for the bases/territories you can capture--they have to be on the frontier or meet some other criteria. It is limiting, in that you have less options for the places you can attack (there are still a number per continent/map, though) but it funnels the action a lot more effectively.

Arrrammis

I will add a few things like the IDs tomorrow (it is already 11pm here). Sorry for the chaos in the first post. For the poll I asked a mod, but it looks like we won`t get one.
I'll make one up on Google forms real quick, what are the names of the different servers?

Soi-Fong

I think it should be stated in the OP, that you don't play this game like BF or COD. You have to be a part of a platoon and actually try to capture objectives. Worst thing you can do is run around like a headless chicken. Along with that, the map is gonna be your best friend in this game. The map itself is humongous so stick with your platoon and platoon leader.

SighFight

Loading. Been playing on pc for some time with a great outfit. But it was just too time consuming. It is a great game though.

It is crucial to organize! Join fireteams, find an outfit(clan) and check out some tutorial videos. You're in for an incredible experience.

BShadowJ

I'll make one up on Google forms real quick, what are the names of the different servers and factions?

For NA the server names are Genudine and Palos. For EU it's Ceres and Lithcorp.
The factions are Vanu Sovereignty, Terran Republic and New Conglomerate.

Also, apparently after some searching if I want to play with NA folks I'll have to download the game from the NA store. Well that's really stupid.

SighFight

For NA the server names are Genudine and Palos. For EU it's Ceres and Lithcorp.
The factions are Vanu Sovereignty, Terran Republic and New Conglomerate.

Also, apparently after some searching if I want to play with NA folks I'll have to download the game from the NA store. Well that's really stupid.

Oh ceres is rising from the abyss of dead servers? Great I will vote for that.

Also partial to the TR since that's what I played back on PC...but I guess I'm willing to NC or VS. So long as we have some good Platoon setups.

Hystzen

Looks like we need to divide into EU and NA

Going be a pain as most GAF tends be NA I noticed with games like bf4 and stuff

BShadowJ

Well right now I have the EU client installed and am downloading the NA client and it's counting as a separate game... Alright I guess? Still, why they just didn't let people from EU join NA servers is beyond me...

Dragoshi1

Got as far as making a character, but yeah, the servers aren't up it seems.

So how do vehicles work in this game? Can I spawn one right off that bat, or do I have to go out and find one in the world?

Top Bottom