• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

Hoo-doo

Banned
This game is really stressful solo.. like one of the most stressful games for a long time, it is worse than jump scares in horror movies/games.

I played this game solo while inebriated last night and let me tell you, it's goddamn terrifying. I died 11th with my heart pounding like crazy. Never again, stuff is way too tense.

Dommel

I played this game solo while inebriated last night and let me tell you, it's goddamn terrifying. I died 11th with my heart pounding like crazy. Never again, stuff is way too tense.

I did as well and to my surprise I got my second chicken dinner.

Apparently I play better drunk than sober.

TheStig88

Choking in this game is one of the worst feelings in games right now.

Last two, an M24, the circle on my side, and sights on the other player while he had no idea where I was at.

I score a clean headshot but he survives thanks to a level 3 helm. He ducks back to heal, and then makes a break across open ground towards the circle during which I proceed to miss every single shot. Circles around my tree and pops me as I've completely forgotten how to play at this point and just started spraying and praying.

After 90 hours I still have absolutely no mental fortitude in the late game.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I did as well and to my surprise I got my second chicken dinner.

Apparently I play better drunk than sober.

Well I was the other kind of inebriated and let me tell you, even looting a single house was intense as hell because I was scared to death to get surprised by enemies.

Daffy Duck

Damn....I had no luck today, one top 10 finish and a whole lot of dripping in and dying lol.

Maybe it was the pressure of streaming or something.

bgbball31

Blah, talk about an uneventful game. Spent the entire time running. I dropped into a few houses south of Severny, and the first circle was south of Pochinki. Love how quick it is to get into another game though!

JCH!

Man, there's nothing in gaming as tense as being in the Top 10 in this game. Gets my heart pumping like nothing else.

GAF plays squads:

giphy.gif

LOL

bgbball31

Jumping off a motorcycle while moving = instant death. Duly noted.

Also noted, you can kill a player at the same time you die. A guy and I just punched each other to death. That seems odd (or was lag).

Ultryx

Quick question for those of you who have played this. I own H1Z1 and played the similar game mode quite a bit and really enjoyed it.

Is it worth it for me to spend the $30 on PUBG when it seems like the same thing, just with a different name frankly?

^_^

I love how the circle went into the bunkers. Probably saved our butts.

Yeah, that was absolutely crazy. Running through a bunker with less than 20 alive, nades coming in behind us as we try and clear rooms, running to a house as someone setups in the other one, somehow managing to run past them too, absolutely crazy finish

Zomba13

I don't understand, isn't it just as likely that they're trying to join a popular streamers game so they can try to kill them legitimately for the ecred and not to stream snipe? he himself says they have no actual proof

Basically, don't try and be on stream or you'll get banned.

FireRises

just picked this up (downloading, woot) but how do the cosmetic items work? I read this has loot crates added, but do you get to keep cosmetic stuff (clothes) at the beginning of each game?

I like how it's basically two different games when you're unlooted at a highly-populated area in the beginning vs being fully looted and level three'd out of your mind

just picked this up (downloading, woot) but how do the cosmetic items work? I read this has loot crates added, but do you get to keep cosmetic stuff (clothes) at the beginning of each game?
You redeem the points you earn from playing games towards crates which have randomized clothing items in them. You can also find clothes during the match but they aren't permanent and are lost after the game is over. In the future they are adding crates that cost real money and drop randomized items as well.

Hasney

Anyone listening to way less podcasts because of this game? I used to listen to podcasts during pretty much every game. Can't do it with this one, it's just too serious.

Heh, that and watching videos on my tablet is one of the main reasons why I don't play it as much. They end up taking more of a priority (especially during the G1 Climax of wrestling) so I end up playing something else.

Hell is landing on apartments with another player, and not finding a single gun until you reach the bottom floor.

it was worse because it was an over-under, but someone ran into me and shot me right in the level 2 vest multiple times with a pistol so i survived with a sliver, and then i finally loaded the shotgun it turns out they had a shotgun too, they were just conserving ammo before!!!!

Lupercal

Banned
Had our first cheater today.
We're holed up in an appartement top Floor.
Bike pulls up with one guy in it and enter our building.
Nobody makes a sound as we wait him out.

After a min or so he starts shooting at a teammate through the floor and downs him.
Then he runs up the stairs and fires at us while we fire at him.
He makes 3 headshots and we're wiped.

M.J. Doja

Banned
Got my first top 5.. 5th place! Seems best to just go prone at that point? I need to get back to top 10 more often, 100% heartrate increase, lol.

FireRises

You redeem the points you earn from playing games towards crates which have randomized clothing items in them. You can also find clothes during the match but they aren't permanent and are lost after the game is over. In the future they are adding crates that cost real money and drop randomized items as well.

thanks!

Also, when you die, are you penalized for leaving the game or are you expected to spectate until the end of the match to receive full points?

Tagyhag

Me and a bud had a horrible set of matches.

I really wish the game had an indicator of where you got hit from.

That'd defeat the purpose of all silencers, compensators and the VSS would be not even worth looking at.

I understand it can get frustrating but there's tutorials on how to pinpoint where you are getting shot from.

fuzzyset

Me and a bud had a horrible set of matches.

I really wish the game had an indicator of where you got hit from.

Do you play with a headset? I can't imagine playing the game without a headset or a solid 5.1 system. It really helps keep your situational awareness up.

Tovarisc

That'd defeat the purpose of all silencers, compensators and the VSS would be not even worth looking at.

I understand it can get frustrating but there's tutorials on how to pinpoint where you are getting shot from.

VSS isn't worth looking at.

Also there is tutorials? o_O

When do we get an anticheat?

ANYTHING is better than the nothing we have now.

Game has anti-cheat + manual reporting option.

LProtag

So has basically the whole DayZ-esque survival game been usurped by battle royale games? I really liked DayZ's concept back in the day. Should I be giving this a try?

JDB

Banned
So has basically the whole DayZ-esque survival game been usurped by battle royale games? I really liked DayZ's concept back in the day. Should I be giving this a try?
It's basically a bite-sized version of the survival games without the grinding for resources so yeah it's no surprise it took over.

jet1911

It has nothing to do with DayZ at all but you still should try it. You can always ask for a refund if you don't like it. :p

LProtag

It's basically a bite-sized version of the survival games without the grinding for resources so yeah it's no surprise it took over.

I kinda liked the tension about gearing up and then being at risk by looters. Maybe this isn't for me then.

Top Bottom