• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Was having problems every game with buildings taking a while to load after touching down, caused me an early death on more than one occasion. Moved it over to my SSD And holy hell its so much faster, everything loads while I'm still in the air now.

On another note, i'm so tired of the loot spawn system.

Like yesterday, dropping somewhere playing duo, nothing but pistols, T1 backpacks, no scope. Bitching about it.
Next game, three 8X, three 4X, all in the same place. Well, most of the others players were the bitching ones this time i guess...
Another game, four T3 helmet in the same place... in STABLER.

This is ridiculous. How complicated is it to allocate loot evenly so everyone can have a share?
And it itsn't related to those pseudo"high rick high reward" zone.
We had entire cities for ourselves last night and found nothing but crap.
Seriously, ten minutes of looting going through EVERY bulding to find a 2X scope and uzis...

Anne

Played a pretty solid Duo game

bdb4d5813b.png

Feels like the netcode and desync was extra bad for me tonight.

Tovarisc

Like yesterday, dropping somewhere playing duo, nothing but pistols, T1 backpacks, no scope. Bitching about it.
Next game, three 8X, three 4X, all in the same place. Well, most of the others players were the bitching ones this time i guess...

This is ridiculous. How complicated is it to allocate loot evenly so everyone can have a share?
Seriously, ten minutes of looting going through EVERY bulding to find a 2X scope and uzis...

They most likely are messing with loot spawn and distribution algorithms at background to test different variations. Looking for best blend they want to run with it. "High risk, high reward" zones were true at one point.

greelay

Why should everyone get a share? If you are trying to give everyone equal loot, at some point you might as well just implement loadouts. I like how the loot works in this game. Very rarely do I get everything I need from just looting houses, and I generally only get all of the items that I need by killing people and looting them. Making it so that I had this assumption that I was going to get loot is always true would make this game boring for me, and I would probably stop playing.

I think people are having issues with the fact that this game actually has weight to movement. It's why you can't just zigzag instantly to avoid bullets. It also means it feels less responsive as a result. I guess I've played too many similar games like Arma and DayZ where I don't even rally notice it anymore, but I can definitely see how it can be jarring for new players.
Yeah, there's momentum and acceleration and that's why people don't feel like it's polished. It doesn't have that Snappy movement that other first person games do.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Every time I open the inventory my frame rate halves and it's pissing me off so much, I've searched the issue and I'm not alone so hopefully they'll fix it :/

Why should everyone get a share? If you are trying to give everyone equal loot, at some point you might as well just implement loadouts. I like how the loot works in this game. Very rarely do I get everything I need from just looting houses, and I generally only get all of the items that I need by killing people and looting them. Making it so that I had this assumption that I was going to get loot is always true would make this game boring for me, and I would probably stop playing.

That's not what i meant by getting a share
FInding six scope or four T3 helmets in the same building is ridiculous, You know on the other side of the map some people will get nothing but crap.

I didn't say you need to have one of each items in every building or found every stuff you need in the same pack of house.
There is a middle ground to be found.

Tovarisc

Yeah, there's momentum and acceleration and that's why people don't feel like it's polished. It doesn't have that Snappy movement that other first person games do.

And most likely will never be that snappy. Game is meant to be on no mans land between ArmA simulation and CoD style more arcade FPS.

YEah and i think there are no more.
Everyone keeps refering to that map made by SHatter or whatever but thing is everything but accurate now.

That map most likely can be kept as accurate as it was after devs really randomized vehicle spawns and messed once or twice with loot spawn algorithms.

JDB

Banned
Yeah, the way the game spawns in clusters of the same set of items is really annoying. It's especially noticeable with scopes where you either find nothing or find enough to put on a dozen guns.

Lemonte

4th chicken dinner! I always have really poor start when I win. Again I was way behind the blue wall searching for a car. Luckily I had enough healing items to survive. Found AKM very late game and only killed last 2 guys because didn't see anyone else. Military base is pretty fun place for last circles.

MUnited83

For you.
Yeah, the way the game spawns in clusters of the same set of items is really annoying. It's especially noticeable with scopes where you either find nothing or find enough to put on a dozen guns.

There was a hilarious time where I went to a city by myself only to find barely nothing but bike helmets everywhere. Seems like there was a biker convention in town.

Randam

It's far more stressful to play yourself than watch streams, for sure. Especially when in Top 10.

Personally every time I make it to the top ten, I can feel my heart rate increasing. Such a rush when I do win.
End game is stressful for sure. But I remember watching a stream before buying it of a duo and they were sitting in a house. And they were just looking for enemies and then hat a gun fight at some point.
When I play all there is, is running to the next circle.

Padinn

Fought what I think was the world's worst hacker yesterday. He drove a buggie through the building i was in several times trying to kill me. Going through walls with it, literally. Then he proceeded to try to kill me at long range through a bunch of walls. He could hit crap, I managed to hit him a bunch but neither of us downed. Tried to hunt him down or die so I could report him, but never was able to find him. Was laughing the entire time.

Tovarisc

End game is stressful for sure. But I remember watching a stream before buying it of a duo and they were sitting in a house. And they were just looking for enemies and then hat a gun fight at some point.
When I play all there is, is running to the next circle.

That thing about being able to just sit still or need to run 24/7 is just about luck.

Edit: Also you can mitigate need for run by just using vehicles to blast around. When circles get small enough you stop using them as you can easily run those short shrink caps.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Connection closed
Connection closed.

Seems like systems are down. I spawned in underwear last game, so I knew something was up.

Yeah it shat the bed hard, was doing well up to the point though. I got six kills with double barrel in army base but sadly Geforce corrupted the mp4 save and I'm not sure I can recover it at all.

Fought what I think was the world's worst hacker yesterday. He drove a buggie through the building i was in several times trying to kill me. Going through walls with it, literally. Then he proceeded to try to kill me at long range through a bunch of walls. He could hit crap, I managed to hit him a bunch but neither of us downed. Tried to hunt him down or die so I could report him, but never was able to find him. Was laughing the entire time.

Thats a glitch that can happen to anyone, don't blame him haha.

eman4ever

I was thinking of buying this game but don't know if this is a good time. From the previous post it seems like the game might not be optimized very well yet . Should I jump in or wait?

Lifeline

How's the controller support for this game? I wanted to try it out before the console versions come out.

I use a DS4, so maybe it works better with a Xbox controller, but the support is not good. There's a known glitch that when you parachute down in the beginning, you can get stuck in the air when you use a controller. They still haven't fix that. The only solution is to not move your parachute as you're falling, which gives you a big disadvantage.

Also changing the controller button mapping almost never saves for me, so I have to redo the settings everytime.

Tovarisc

I was thinking of buying this game but don't know if this is a good time. From the previous post it seems like the game might not be optimized very well yet . Should I jump in or wait?

YMMV

Outside of initial plane flight and paradrop (a lot rendered and loaded in at that moment) I get locked 60FPS @ 1080p, but then I run game on low settings outside of AA, Draw Distance and Texture Quality because I don't see benefit in increasing effects and such to blur already blurry game even more.

I have i5 6600K, 16GB and 980Ti.

Twookie

Hard to judge what performance you'd get when you don't post your specs, but I'll give you the same advice I'd give you even if you posted it;

Buy it on steam, play a few matches and if it plays too badly for you - refund

Acinixys

First round of the day, nother 1PP win. Making a dedicated crouch-jump keybind is a game changer. Jumped out a window and sprayed the last guy down. Got all 4 kills with no helmet.

Whats your setup for crouch jumping through windows?

I can maybe get through a window 1 in every 20 tries atm

owlbeak

Two Duo FPP dinners last night with my friend. We are a wrecking crew when we're both in sync, which is often. Loot luck last night was total garbage though. Could barely find any medical supplies the entire night like the game just decided it wasn't going to spawn med kits/FAKs/boosters/bandages at all.

Also - getting pretty tired of every damn circle coming down to the wheat fields south of Poly. Probably happened like 4 times last night, and multiple times the past week. It's the new military base final circle location, I guess, and it sucks.

I use a DS4, so maybe it works better with a Xbox controller, but the support is not good. There's a known glitch that when you parachute down in the beginning, you can get stuck in the air when you use a controller. They still haven't fix that. The only solution is to not move your parachute as you're falling, which gives you a big disadvantage.

Also changing the controller button mapping almost never saves for me, so I have to redo the settings everytime.
Damn shame. I watched a couple streams and was going to get it. Thank you for the info!

Whats your setup for crouch jumping through windows?

I can maybe get through a window 1 in every 20 tries atm

on the controls screen, click on crouch and press shift and jump. save and apply. Then go into C:\Users\*your username*\AppData\Local\TslGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor and change the jump action to:

(ActionName="Jump",Keys=((Key=SpaceBar),(Key=SpaceBar,bShift=True)

The Crouch ActionName should look like:

(ActionName="ToggleCrouch",Keys=((Key=C),(Key=SpaceBar,bShift=True)))

Also, another one:

They've optimized it a lot. You'll be fine unless your computer is ancient. I get ~100 fps with all settings maxed on a 7700k and 980ti. My friends are getting 60+ fps with older machines and lower settings.

I ran into this yesterday, too. Glitch or not, you aren't supposed to abuse it.

https://clips.twitch.tv/WimpyGloriousWalrusCeilingCat

I had an idea for a mod, what do you think ?

Zombie Turning Mod:

1* When a player die, he would respawn as a zombie 3 minutes later, in the same spot he died. [Maybe randomized timer for the corps to turn]

2* Zombie running speed go 3 time faster in blue zone. They are also stronger in the blue zone, making the blue zone even more stressful.

I think that by those 2 simple rule implementation, it could give life to amazing emergent gameplay and it's better than the simple zombie mod.

roytheone

Man, the price of gamescom crates had plummeted last time I checked :( Hopefully it will go up again when you can no longer buy them ingame and they become a finite good.

Oh man, I LOVE it when my parachute glitches on nothing, and then when I try to loot stuff after finally hitting the ground, I get the loot noise and the arm reaching animation but no actual loot.

Really makes me want to use the perfectly functional in-game microtransaction system and help these devs out, that's for sure

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Oh man, I LOVE it when my parachute glitches on nothing, and then when I try to loot stuff after finally hitting the ground, I get the loot noise and the arm reaching animation but no actual loot.

Really makes me want to use the perfectly functional in-game microtransaction system and help these devs out, that's for sure

Those two things seem nothing near similar.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

Grabbed the game today and got my first chicken dinner, by far my best game so far. I also won one yesterday on my friends account but it feels good to get my first win on my own account.

So far I've put 12 hours into the game and it's a roller coaster, you go from having bad game after bad game to having that one great game that erases all those bad ones, it really does get intense at the end and when I got the final kill in that game I screamed lol, it felt great.

Top Bottom