• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
OK, I've tried to figure this out on my own for a while but I need help.

I'm dropping as soon as the game allows me to drop. I'm aiming the mouse straight down as soon as the game allows me to, reaching 234 drop speed and maintaining it until I'm forced to auto-open the parachute. I then waggle left and right to drop faster.

Despite all of this, I'm STILL passed by people who land before me virtually every game to get guns before me. What on earth are they doing?

I don't know if you're doing this, but letting go of W right before the chute opens allows you to drop some extra altitude faster.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
bhDRdQt.jpg

I am painfully bad at aiming with a mouse. I'm lucky to get a single kill.

Well, a mouse is the best way to aim. What's difficult about it? Maybe you're sensitivity is too high? We really need that practice range...

My issue is that I just don't know how a gun is going to perform with a certain scope and other mods until I'm actually firing it at an enemy. And then I just hope I can make enough adjustments on the fly to get he kill before he does.

I need to start restraining myself. Too many times do I start taking long range shots with an AKM only to be sniped in 1 shot by a Kar98 or something.

Well, a mouse is the best way to aim. What's difficult about it? Maybe you're sensitivity is too high? We really need that practice range...

My issue is that I just don't know how a gun is going to perform with a certain scope and other mods until I'm actually firing it at an enemy. And then I just hope I can make enough adjustments on the fly to get he kill before he does.

I need to start restraining myself. Too many times do I start taking long range shots with an AKM only to be sniped in 1 shot by a Kar98 or something.

Oh I'm just terrible at it haha
First time using mouse and keyboard in like 10 years,

I am painfully bad at aiming with a mouse. I'm lucky to get a single kill.

You may have fallen into the common trap of having your sensitivity way too high. Your character should ideally rotate around 360-540 degrees with full left to right swipe on your mouse pad. This is all depending on preference, resolution, and the size of the pad - I do 540 but have a pretty large pad and am at 1440p.

Any higher than that and you start skipping pixels when aiming and things just get too squirrelly.

Started off strong. Landing area had two shotguns, two assault rifles, lvl 2 backpack and helmet, and a buggy out the front. Got a couple of kills and thought it'd be smooth sailing. Jumped out of the buggy apparently going too fast and died on impact.

The worst feeling is when this happens towards the end of a game. I was closing in on a dropped supply crate with < 20 people remaining. I was in a hurry. I hit the brakes but jumped out way too soon.... died by falling.

Every death is a lesson though. There are so many things I don't do now and I live much longer on average as a result. You're existence is very fragile in this game...

Still, sometimes the game feels buggy as hell. Last night I was inside a building and looking out a window. I see someone crouched on a hill right outside. I zoom in and start taking shots. Even though I'm pointed right at him, my shots are hitting the beams in the window. Meanwhile, his shot goes right through and takes me out in 1 hit.

Lemonte

Opened 7 gamescom crates I've been saving. Got Camo Cap, Yellow Tracksuit Pants, couple School Pants, Slacks and Camo Hotpants!

Yeah!

Opened 7 gamescom crates I've been saving. Got Camo Cap, Yellow Tracksuit Pants, couple School Pants, Slacks and Camo Hotpants!

Yeah!

I got the camo hotpants as well. Ended up selling them for about $160. Looks like you can still sell em for about $130, make all the money you've spent on PUBG back :p.

Woffls

Same here. Not played PC shooters since Orange Box, and it is taking me a long time to become competent at shooting. It has gotten easier, but half the time I'm still flailing about hopelessly.

I know there are places where shootouts are common at landing, but it takes a few minutes after each death to get back at it and then you've got to loot for weapons and hope to avoid being shot.

Obviously that's the game, and it doesn't need to support people who just want target practice, but I would really have liked just a few hours of non-stop shootouts to get used to something that really is worlds apart from playing a typical console shooter.

jeffc919

One thing I did that you could do if you have been playing console games for a while is pick up a shooter on PC that you are really familiar with already on console. Preferably something like Battlefield where you get into a ton of gunfights every game. That way you can focus entirely on reacquainting yourself with keyboard/mouse in a game you are already good at. You could just keep plugging away at PUBG and you'll improve but it might just take longer since you're learning the nuances of a new game at the same time and there is a lot more time between gunfights with no respawning so every time you die it's back to the spawn island to wait for another round.

Shari

I just don't see how it's obscure, considering it's a very simple feature, featured in a lot of other games.

... but even if it is obscure, I don't see how it's an issue. Like I said, knowledge is key and you gain more knowledge as you play, which is true for everything in life really.

It's just a crouch jumping technique, not a trick to skip the 8s of waiting when Med Kitting by pressing Q + F7 at the same time or something like that.

Crouch jumping is not in a lot of other games, a few, a handful at best. And it's not a very simple feature.

You gain more knowledge as you plain but again, you will never find this by just playing. Crouch jumping is not by itself a technique it's an accepted bug and it's much closer to being a glitch like the one you describe than being a "hidden feature" as you trying to make it look like.

Again, i'm not blaming anybody who uses it, I just think everybody should be able to have that information within the game.

The fact that you are being deliberately obtuse on your perception of the "technique" makes it pointless to continue on with this argument and I find it hardly believable that anybody would describe this as a feature that you would discover as you play, so whatever.

JDB

Banned
But can the seller really turn that into $38k real money or does he just get free games for life from his pile of Steam dollars?
I don't think you can sell items for more than like 500$ on Steam so it's done through third party websites outside of Steam.

Acinixys

OK, I've tried to figure this out on my own for a while but I need help.

I'm dropping as soon as the game allows me to drop. I'm aiming the mouse straight down as soon as the game allows me to, reaching 234 drop speed and maintaining it until I'm forced to auto-open the parachute. I then waggle left and right to drop faster.

Despite all of this, I'm STILL passed by people who land before me virtually every game to get guns before me. What on earth are they doing?

Dont go straight down till your parachute opens

Like 0.5 - 1 secs before it auto deploys let go of W so that your guy goes back into free fall

This drops you at least 15 - 20m lower

thejpfin

He sold it outside of Steam
I don't get why Valve doesn't make official system where you can sell steam items for real money.
If you want to sell steam items for real money, you have to use 3rd party sites and in my understanding those sites are not 100% safe. It sucks.

Top Bottom