• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

Venfayth

While I sympathize with streamers who have to deal with snipers, and I think that honking stuff had to be super obnoxious for them, I thought the video was really funny.

Not really surprised Grimmmz is the one who had it pulled down. He's easily the most immature of the big streamers. Super fragile.

That being said, I think that from Youtube's perspective he's completely within his rights to request the takedown given that it's his video from Twitch being used. Hopefully they can find a way to get the video up again somehow.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Okay, so I put my Hot Camo pants up for 90 euro and Steam have the item "on hold" until 31th August.

Since then, the price on the item has gone up to like 160 euro. What in the fuck am I supposed to do? If I cancel the hold, I get punished for it, right? How do I alter the price accordingly? Why is Steam such a piece of shit?

Embearded

I don't know why but i was pretty sure that most of NeoGAF would take streamers side...
That Stream Sniper Ban thread was really pro ban.

Twookie

Okay, so I put my Hot Camo pants up for 90 euro and Steam have the item "on hold" until 31th August.

Since then, the price on the item has gone up to like 160 euro. What in the fuck am I supposed to do? If I cancel the hold, I get punished for it, right? How do I alter the price accordingly? Why is Steam such a piece of shit?

are you using the steam guard app? I don't need to wait to put any item on the marketplace because I use it

Nabs

Better pic of the new map:

DH6tEnAUAAEyhlP.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/PLAYERUNKNOWN/status/900347303159922689

rugioh

Banned
When does the Gamescom invitational start?? any ETA?

Supposed to start in 2 minutes.

The hate on Grimmz couldn't be more deserved. Since Shroud retired from GO and picked up PUBG he's lost a large portion of his viewership over streamsniping drama, and this move won't do him any more favors. He is the only streamer in all of Twitch that I won't give a view to.

aeolist

Banned
looks like the edge of the desert map is ringed in by cliffs you can't scale

figured it would be something like that since it's not an island

I'm sorry but it's hilarious. The fact that the dudes doing it are pissing themselves with laughter makes it even better, no matter how pathetically persistent they're being.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Those poor streamers

yeah, I mean I get why this can get annoying after a while for them, but come on, take it with a smile... the people watching you will find this funny for the most part too...

you make bank with this, keep some face and don't go after the people afterwards, cause that really shines a bad light on you imo...

funny enough that Dr disrespect seems to be the only one finding it a bit funny which shouldnt be the case regarding the "role" he plays

Übermatik;246794268 said:
I'm sorry but it's hilarious. The fact that the dudes doing it are pissing themselves with laughter makes it even better, no matter how pathetically persistent they're being.

yeah, I liked that they were giggling the whole time :)

Venfayth

Man. I had a fun solo game this morning.

Landed on the main island next to the bridge to military island. Got a UAZ and headed to the bridge. Heard a 2 person bike, cut him off, literally blocked him with my car, but he just bounced off and kept driving. Annoying. We both get to milly and loot for a bit. I hear him on the radio tower shooting his kar98 into the air, challenging me. I beat him in our little duel with my SKS 8x. Finish looting and leave. Killed a bridge camper and another on the way to the circle.

20 left, I get headshot by a Kar98k, never saw where from. Game over. Feels bad man.

aeolist

Banned
didn't the stream snipers get their accounts banned too? i'm sure it's annoying but it looks like a one-off thing, it's not like they could base a successful youtube channel entirely around shit like that

empo

Cancel it and wait until the hold period is over (I had to wait a week to sell stuff because I hadn't used Steam Guard).

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
didn't the stream snipers get their accounts banned too? i'm sure it's annoying but it looks like a one-off thing, it's not like they could base a successful youtube channel entirely around shit like that

yeah, it was just cause the car horn got added... heck, I used it all the time too the first two days cause it was funny... now I havent heard a horn in game in ages

MUnited83

For you.
lol i'mma need proof it was actually grimmz. remember, youtube's copyright system is shit. still funny.
Yeah, just because his name is there doesn't mean it was actually him. Bogus copyright claims are still too easy to make.
I don't know why but i was pretty sure that most of NeoGAF would take streamers side...
That Stream Sniper Ban thread was really pro ban.
Tbh you can think they should be banned in game and still think the video is funny.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Anthony, Dr., Sacriel, BreaK, Summit... all are better choices for your Twitch BG needs.

I haven't watched Twitch in so long, it became harder and harder to find a streamer that didn't:

Scream
Constantly act a fool
Call hacks
Whine after every death
Skilled at the game

I just want to watch someone who's chilled, skilled and not an asshole that acts the fool to please the Twitch trolls.

aeolist

Banned
I haven't watched Twitch in so long, it became harder and harder to find a streamer that didn't:

Scream
Constantly act a fool
Call hacks
Whine after every death
Skilled at the game

I just want to watch someone who's chilled, skilled and not an asshole that acts the fool to please the Twitch trolls.

the tsm guys are chill, and anthony kongphan is v good too.

i do actually enjoy watching grimmz just because of his playstyle and skill. he does complain every now and then but i don't think it's as bad as some people say, and a lot of the time he'll replay twitch clips to show what he's talking about and it can be pretty bad. the youtube copyright claim shit is horrible though and he should know better.

Nabs

Scream
Constantly act a fool
Call hacks
Whine after every death
Skilled at the game

You'd probably like chocoTaco. He also breaks down his thought process as he plays.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
You'd probably like chocoTaco. He also breaks down his thought process as he plays.

I love it when streamers do that, especially as I'm still new to the game (3 days now).

BearPawB

Banned

Scream
Constantly act a fool
Call hacks
Whine after every death
Skilled at the game

Shroud is the only one i have found who hits all that.
He is calm, amazing at the game, and the whole thing with the Bananaman stream sniper was gold

Glad the new map is more of a city. Honestly I really don't like the current map all to much. Its just boring for the most part and ending the match in an open field means winning is mostly just a gambl of who sees who first, and who has the little cover.

JDB

Banned
Glad the new map is more of a city. Honestly I really don't like the current map all to much. Its just boring for the most part and ending the match in an open field means winning is mostly just a gambl of who sees who first, and who has the little cover.
I wonder how much of the map is actually urban. That screenshot only shows a city roughly the size of Georgopol.

Top Bottom