• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

ultron87

I'm imagining the circle closing around those four 5+ story buildings and it feels like there will be like 40 people alive still hiding on all the different floors.

I don't know if that'll be great or terrible.

Tovarisc

Glad the new map is more of a city. Honestly I really don't like the current map all to much. Its just boring for the most part and ending the match in an open field means winning is mostly just a gambl of who sees who first, and who has the little cover.

That is Yasnaya of new map, not most of new map.

Sketch they are using as base (from Polygon)
desert_sketch.png

Edit: okay, will be more building heavy experience

Daffy Duck

its a purposely hyperbolic statement for comedic effect, why are you so butthurt over this, lmao.

Comedic effect?

My sense of humour must be off, she was certainly offering up reasons as to why she hates Pochinki with meds and gear. It did not come across as comedy at all.

I'm not sure why you are getting so defensive over it.

Watched the horn video. Good stuff haha

+1 on MrGrimmz being a little soft. I had to stop watching for the complaining. Good luck to him though.

JDB

Banned
They don't even show people's names when showing their PoV. Classic ESL.
Edit: ah, they show them now but in a very tiny font at the bottom.

nowarning

Little village next to Rozhok is good, quite often there's M4 spawns and a car ready to go.

Red houses in Yasnaya Polyana are my shit though, always get something good from them.

empo

They don't even show people's names when showing their PoV. Classic ESL.
Edit: ah, they show them now but in a very tiny font at the bottom.

I mean it's much smoother than the unofficial tournaments I've seen but yeah small things like that and not seeing total ammo when spectating feels pretty rough.

Anne

Fun fact: Evermore actually was #1 on the KR Overwatch leaderboards for a bit, and used to be on one of the strongest teams in the region. He quit pro OW to become a full time streamer for his org.

Really nutty to see him end up in a PUBG tournament now.

Tovarisc

Who ever leads this spectating is trashfire. Clearly has no idea where to go and when and to what focus. All over the place and fixating on players who has nothing going on.

Even Jericho is better at spectating BG games with 100 players.

Please ban third person for these tournaments. It's so terrible.

They don't want run FPP tournaments because "it's so new" or something.

Bread

Banned
can't wait for the new map, i miss the old days where i was just landing in random places because i didn't know where to go.

Lucifon

Yeah they seriously need to work on their spectating. Also not a fan of the female commentator, she's pretty brash.

I'm sure they'll get there, this is the first real major competition for the game right?

Woo-Fu

Banned
LET"S GO!!!!!

I'm pretty sure Break took every opportunity to make third person look bad. First he was bush wookie for 5m, then he camped a shack for the last 10m.

Tecnniqe

Banned
This is the most shit esport thing ever.

Peek'a'boo
Desync spectator cam
Poor UI information and spectating

giphy.gif

10/10 female caster - Trash talks everything and no lies detected.

Top Bottom