• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

Smokey

Bad performance on my rig, and I have a 6 core and a 1080Ti. Rarely is it running over 60fps, and my GPU utilization is all over.

Expect that to be cleaned up as this is EA, but it's not the greatest in its current state.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Bad performance on my rig, and I have a 6 core and a 1080Ti. Rarely is it running over 60fps, and my GPU utilization is all over.

Expect that to be cleaned up as this is EA, but it's not the greatest in its current state.

Its very CPU heavy but what settings are you using?

Also their prio is performance with all hands on deck.

Smokey

Its very CPU heavy but what settings are you using?

Also their prio is performance with all hands on deck.

It defaulted to Ultra for me. My 6 core running @ 4.5ghz as well.

I know they're working on performance, not too worried about it. Just wanted to comment that it is indeed shit, at least for me atm :p

Tecnniqe

Banned
It defaulted to Ultra for me. My 6 core running @ 4.5ghz as well.

I know they're working on performance, not too worried about it. Just wanted to comment that it is indeed shit, at least for me atm :p

I say have Textures Ultra and rest low.

SamuraiX-

Finally was able to play some of the EA build. Definitely a step up in performance compared to the CBT. My FPS only occasionally drops in low 50s.

Settings - Shadows: Medium, Foliage: High, Everything else: Ultra
Rig - 6700K 4.5 GHz, GTX 970 1.5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4

Haven't yet visited the giant town in the northwest part of the map though.

Amagon

Finally was able to play some of the EA build. Definitely a step up in performance compared to the CBT. My FPS only occasionally drops in low 50s.

Settings - Shadows: Medium, Foliage: High, Everything else: Ultra
Rig - 6700K 4.5 GHz, GTX 970 1.5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4

Haven't yet visited the giant town in the northwest part of the map though.
I have similar specs, will try this configuration.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Me and fellow GAFer Penoxi just hit Top 10 over-all Duos :)
gaftop10xquz9.png

Ok the performance problems are now starting to be annoying. Just lost a match (I was at #11) when I entered a building and the frames dropped to the single digits just as I saw someone coming down the stairs. Needless to say I lost the firefight :(

Compsiox

Banned
Ok the performance problems are now starting to be annoying. Just lost a match (I was at #11) when I entered a building and the frames dropped to the single digits just as I saw someone coming down the stairs. Needless to say I lost the firefight :(

Ultra textures, everything else low.

Smokey

You're gonna want foliage and shadows on low to better see people at the least.

How are frameskips for you guys?

Anyone using rivatuner?

It doesn't look that bad. Not compared to h1z1 at least.

I can't remember which settings exactly, but I left a couple of things at Ultra and bumped other stuff down to High. It's a little better, but there are still parts on the map where performance goes to hell.

Like I said, not too big of an issue or concerned about it at this point in the games life.

Hylian7

I posted about my performance issues in here earlier, and was told my CPU isn't up for this game (i5-2500k) , a friend of mine has the same CPU and a much better video card and the game runs great for him.

I think this might be my GTX 770 as my bottleneck.

Game is great though. One thing I wish they would change from a gameplay disappoint is parachuting. It shouldn't auto pull, as it didn't in Arma 3 Battle Royale, and if you knew how to time it, you could minimize parachute time and get boots on the ground faster. I feel like this game is just trying to hold your hand with parachutes, when a little tip on the screen is more than enough to help players land successfully.

The freefalling in this game is better than Arma 3's I feel like though. You have a lot of control over speed and direction.

I keep looking at this game

I don't know if I don't care for BR games in general or just the jans associated with them
Is there going to be a locked first person mode?

Tecnniqe

Banned
stat7yuzi.jpg

Not many players switched from H1Z1 to Battlegrounds?

Price: $19.99
Score rank: 17% Userscore: 61% Old userscore: 60%
Owners: 4,734,867 ± 63,736
Players in the last 2 weeks: 1,529,772 ± 36,378 (32.31%)
Players total: 3,656,738 ± 56,090 (77.23%)
Peak concurrent players yesterday: 118,282

vs

Price: $29.99
Score rank: 29% Userscore: 71% Old userscore: 73%
Owners: 185,743 ± 12,697
Players in the last 2 weeks: 157,814 ± 11,704 (84.96%)
Players total: 157,814 ± 11,704 (84.96%)
Peak concurrent players yesterday: 54,155

Vic_Viper

How are people getting tons of gear and weapons as soon as they enter the battlefield? Can you buy weapons before the match starts or something? Kinda defeats the whole purpose doesnt it?

Vic_Viper

how long does an average match last?

Depends on alot of things, but most of the matches for me have lasted like 5 minutes tops lol.

That being said, if you get a good landing spot without a ton of other players around you with good drops you can last alot longer.

Renkax

THe fact that when you shoot another player and it does damage unlike in H1Z1 blood splatters don't actually record damage is super nice lol. I'm less frustrated than normal when it comes to this :D

spootime

stat7yuzi.jpg

Not many players switched from H1Z1 to Battlegrounds?

It might not ever happen. This game is interesting - I don't have a background in arma so this more hardcore style of gunplay is pretty fun. I can see why people would prefer the less stressful, more cartoony style of h1z1. I think both games can exist in the same space.

Kadin

This and H1Z1 are the only games I really enjoy watching on twitch as of late. I think it's because I'd like to think I'd do pretty well but deep down I know I'd get rekt less than 10mins into a match.

Compsiox

Banned
This and H1Z1 are the only games I really enjoy watching on twitch as of late. I think it's because I'd like to think I'd do pretty well but deep down I know I'd get rekt less than 10mins into a match.

This is nonsense. Give them a try.

DrBo42

Played my first game. Dropped on the military island? Got geared up and jumped in a car just before the bubble hit me. Killed crossing the bridge by a guy camped out in the middle of it. Why is he there? To get an early-ish kill and take forcefield damage? Like...what? lol

Game is fun but GOOD LORD does it run so bad for me...Choppy frame rate,screen tearing makes my eyes bleed..I dont have the most powerful PC but even with everything on ultra low still is bad..Hope they optimize it soon as h1z1 is just getting ruined with hackers and chinese ppl lagging/teleporting everywhere.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Game is fun but GOOD LORD does it run so bad for me...Choppy frame rate,screen tearing makes my eyes bleed..I dont have the most powerful PC but even with everything on ultra low still is bad..Hope they optimize it soon as h1z1 is just getting ruined with hackers and chinese ppl lagging/teleporting everywhere.

Currently everyone is working on performance patch so in the next weeks it should be much better.

Compsiox

Banned

Textures Ultra, everything else low. That's the rule to live by right now.

Hyun Sai

It might not ever happen. This game is interesting - I don't have a background in arma so this more hardcore style of gunplay is pretty fun. I can see why people would prefer the less stressful, more cartoony style of h1z1. I think both games can exist in the same space.

Battlegrounds already got more players right now...

red731

Awesome news.I know people even with beast pc's are having trouble,so I look forward to the game getting optimized as its fun.

Sweet I'll have to try that out later and see how it goes :)

Textures ultra and very low everything else. I have textures ultra and AA low though. Motion blur off.

i7 3700k@4.5, 16GB RAM, 7970 GHz 3GB and capped to 60fps via RivaTuner. That was my GPU doesn't run hot and the perf is stable.

Dips are to be expected now and am having them.

This is pretty dang good Battle Royale game! Not like mod in A3 or even standalone KotK. PU did have test field on those and now! Can't wait for the furture!

There is no downtime in fun!

Top Bottom