• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds has a new peak, 2,016,498 CCU

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Eh i got bored after 3 hours. Not sure the big deal with it. Well done to the devs though it's a huge success for them.

I'm sick so I finally watched summit1g play this all yesterday.

I'm going to be honest. The game looks kind of dumb. You spend so much time looting. Die. Repeat.

Summit plays that style because it's safer and he likes being high up on the leaderboards. Watch Shroud play. He is without a doubt the best Streamer that plays the game.

Eh i got bored after 3 hours. Not sure the big deal with it. Well done to the devs though it's a huge success for them.

I'm like... 190 hours in now. Not bored, but am getting frustrated at the optimal way to play right now.

I can't remember the last time, if ever that a new IP gained so much traction and broke out with the masses as much and as big that PUBG. This game is a true phenomenon!

Forkball

Man if I was Konami, I would throw out everything they’ve worked on regarding Metal Gear Survive and turn it into a battleground style game.

cackhyena

Still can't believe we haven't gotten an Xbox release day yet. I bet it gets delayed until the winter.
I bet they'll do almost anything to avoid that. They have no exclusive to go with the release of the X (which is comically tragic) so to strike while the iron is hot is probably a number one priority.

BigDes

Terrible, Steam needs to do something about their store. When so many aunts and uncles can accidentally buy, download and play a game.

Carlius

Banned
Terrible optimization

Terrible format

Terrible knockoffs (looking at you Fortnite)

Everyone trying to cash in on a fad

Hopefully this dies soon so we can move onto actual games, thanks

Game isn't even fun, sad

well said my friend.

This screenshot is insane , Wonder what is this game's limit

WGDk9t3.jpg

same here. but cool for the huge crowd who seems to enjoy it.

the optimization part at least is very much on point. Fortnite runs fine on my pc, pubg runs like ass
they really need to work on the optimization though. and create a wider variety of house, inside rooms, outside elements. weapons etc.

The growth it's seeing still seems to be accelerating which is insane. It looks like it might potentially be on track to be the biggest selling game of the year. Also those concurrent numbers are going to be up with the biggest games of all time. Outside of league and maybe some of those big Chinese games I can't imagine many if any games have gone much higher than this.

I believe (from what I've read) there was a sizeable army of bot players just farming battle points (in game currency) to purchase loot boxes, to get points to open crates and then sell the items on the steam market place.

Every really super popular game has botters and such. They really scale in proportion to actual people playing (because they only have a market for whatever they farm from actual people playing.)

Games last anywhere from a few minutes to a half an hour but they have that "just one more" factor.

Yeah, PUBG is a game that truly understands the concept of punctuated reward. When you win, a game takes a decent amount of time, which builds up the anticipation and excitement for that moment of victory. When you lose, if you play aggressively, a lot of the time it's really quick so you can feel right away like you want to jump back in and try again. It's completely missing the problem of many games where you can be visibly losing, have no obvious way to seriously come back, but still be stuck playing for X amount of time to be a good sport.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I purchased it and told 3 others to purely to see what all the fuss was about. Pure numbers certainly works. The game being fucking boss helps a lot

They mentioned when addressing the server down time issues they were having, that they picked a bad cloud server provider in Asia when they tried to address the massive influx of new players in that region. After that message, I imagine they've addressed that issue with a new provider because just before that, 1.5 -1.6 million seemed like a bit of a soft limit for them for a few days, then the message went out and the population went right back to it's insane rise.

Rhoc

I'm scared when the new map is released. I don't know how the servers can handle that. People will loose their minds.

More of my friends need to buy this so I have people to play with!

And 2mil is insane. I'm sure we'll say the same thing about 2.5mil CCU.

Struct09

I believe (from what I've read) there was a sizeable army of bot players just farming battle points (in game currency) to purchase loot boxes, to get points to open crates and then sell the items on the steam market place.

It's arguable that the bot army was ever really sizable, but a couple patches ago they came up with a good way of preventing bots from getting any BP.

People are still regurgitating this even though they've mostly solved the bot problem? I can't remember the last time I've seen someone complain bout bots since that patch.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
People are still regurgitating this even though they've mostly solved the bot problem? I can't remember the last time I've seen someone complain bout bots since that patch.
Would the bots appear like afk players? Cause sometimes we stick till the end of the flight and there is always a bunch of afk people

Terrible optimization

Terrible format

Terrible knockoffs (looking at you Fortnite)

Everyone trying to cash in on a fad

Hopefully this dies soon so we can move onto actual games, thanks

Game isn't even fun, sad

I checked the word count and this would fit in a tweet, we found Trumps account.

Top Bottom