• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playerunknown's Battlegrounds studio wants to add cross-play between PC and Xbox One

Tinman dX

Banned
The fix seems fairly easy to me, just make a crossplay lobby that forces controller use for PC even across the board. Don't like using a controller on PC don't play cross play. Wanna play with your console friends suck it up and use a controller.

Trup1aya

Aim assist isn't really as viable when it comes to projectile-based shooters. A lot of the combat in PUBG takes place at a range where you have to lead shots and handle bullet drop. Aim assist that does that doesn't seem feasible since the target could be moving any direction at any time and you wouldn't want the aim-assist to keep you glued to the actual model in that case. It seems like it would just get in the way.

There's been aim assist in projectile based shooters. From Halo:CE all the way up to Battlefield 1.

If the model moves to far out of the assisted range, the shot it missed. Also the amount of assistance you receive changes depending on the weapon you are using/ and whether or not you are scoped in.

There's been aim assist in projectile based shooters. From Halo:CE all the way up to Battlefield 1.

If the model moves to far out of the assisted range, the shot it missed. Also the amount of assistance you receive changes depending on the weapon you are using/ and whether or not you are scoped in.
Pretty sure Halo is hitscan, and regardless, neither of those games have crossplay.

creatchee

That might be true, but I know very very very few people that have 5.1 for this game, and those that do, you need to crank it for subtle noises.

When I turn virtual 5.1 (actually 7.1) on on my Sennheiser GSX with headphones, everything gets a little more quiet for sure. The clarity is better over normal stereo i.e. the sound simply, uh, sounds amazing, but in order to have the same level of awareness I did in stereo, I have to jack it up. This is fine when I'm looting, but if somebody fires a gun near me, it sounds like the hammer of the gods on my ears. It's brutally loud. So I've had to play at lower volumes and have my ears adjust.

Other problem with multichannel beyond stereo (could be unique to my device) - sometimes shots behind me will either register as in front of me or my ears are fooled into thinking they're in front of me. That's not a good thing for this game.

Top Bottom