• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

I am having a weird issue, I swapped my old PS4 hard drive (it's 2TB) into my Pro and reinitialized, and now I can't deactivate or activate either console.

I done goofed, GAF.

Doesn't seem like I have the option to do a mass deactivate from my Sony account online, either.

I contacted support and submitted a deactivate request for the old system, but is there anything else to try?

guys i need some help.

Got the pro changed the hdd to sshd firecuda before turning it on and used a usb drive to download the update. When i turn on the ps4 pro and it tells me to insert a usb drive with the update and press ok it see the usb and tries to read it but says it cannot intiate and to put a usb drive in with the update. Wtf is going on?

Sure you have the full 8-900mb update? The smaller one isn't the one

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Yo so I got a 4K Samsung UN48JS8500, its advertised at being able to display HDR yet the PS4pro says it cant under the image settings. Anyone know whats up with that?

georly

Ok, got the black screen issue (LG 65" Class (64.5" Diag.) 4K Ultra HD Smart LED LCD TV 65UH615A) so i had to safe boot it and then disable HDCP and it seems to be working. RGB is grayed out so I guess my tv doesn't support that. Gonna have to tinker with TV settings to make sure HDR is working properly also. I can't tell if it's on or not. Will mess with it more tomorrow, but rez in 4k seemed pretty.

Is the HDCP issue something that can be vixed via firmware updates (to either tv or ps4pro?)

jrcbandit

Lots of people with 1080 screens are enjoying the improvements.

What's not sitting well with you?

Maybe it's because I haven't played my PS4 in 2 weeks since I sold it and even then I was mostly just playing VR games at that time. So I haven't been able to tell much difference so far in the games I tried other than Rigs. Going to try Robinson the Journey next which will be a totally fresh experience. However, with the newness of the PS4 Pro, I'll finally get back to finishing Ratchet and Clank after the new patch that added temporal AA and motion blur to both OG PS4 and Pro. I would have been much more impressed with Ratchet and Clank on the Pro if the new effects also didn't make the original PS4 version look gorgeous.

To get the most out of the Pro, I'm tempted to get the KU-6300 40 inch for my home office where I game at, although the HDR in it is subpar, but hey it's only $400.

DBT85

Teardown screenshots

m3O0BZu.png

HoVE98Y.png

3DahBkk.png

HV3cozO.png

zOJjILi.png

4tegeUJ.png

FeZrLmu.png

1hS5tEy.png

fZTwWnx.png

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Yo so I got a 4K Samsung UN48JS8500, its advertised at being able to display HDR yet the PS4pro says it cant under the image settings. Anyone know whats up with that?

Figured it out, for anyone who might have the same issue:

On Samsung TV's, HDR is referred to as “HDMI UHD Color” and must be manually enabled in input settings menus.

So it was that Infinite Warfare has no HDR, just put in Uncharted 4 and toggled it on and damn holy crap does this game look great in 4K with HDR. Much bigger improvement then I was expecting. Such a clean picture coming through, well worth getting the Pro if every game will be this way.

First time I put the game in and loaded up.

I did not sign in to PSN and I started LOU and R&C.

Looked good but I can't say I was impressed.

I sign into PSN and when these updates files are added.

Truly something to behold.

I am in favor of these mid cycle bumps in power.

Waaaaaaay better than original PS4.

dochuge

Figured it out, for anyone who might have the same issue:

On Samsung TV's, HDR is referred to as “HDMI UHD Color” and must be manually enabled in input settings menus.

Thanks for the heads up. I get mine next week. Seems weird that hdr isn't enabled already on that tv. How do you like it so far? Big difference with hd tv?

morpix

Yeah I patched it at the weekend (XB1+ 360 to PS4). I had been using the S controller on my PS3 in the run up to the Pro arriving.

Looks like you have to force the brook in a bit deeper. The USB ports on the pro is quite recessed. Not ideal, but it works.

Dave_6

370 GBs of data has been transferring for ~1 hour and it still says 8 hours remaining. Both consoles are wired, though my PS4 is connected to a splitter/hub. Could that be why mine is so damn slow?

GazzaGSi

Seeing the screenshots of R&C, TLoU, TF2 etc makes me want to upload afew I've got today. What's the best hosting site that doesn't compress/shrink images and do you have subscribe/pay? I use photobucket normally but the quality suffers so no real point hosting some nice shots through that.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I wish I wasn't so far in Ratchet. I want to experience the whole game like this. It looks amazing! Time to look for those golden bolts.

Anyone try World of FF yet? Any differences?

Namikaze

I just picked mine up earlier today, doing the transfer now! Can't wait to try UC4, and Miku..those are the only Pro enhanced games I have right now. I wonder if gravity rush 1 will ever get a pro update.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Hmm is the power button supposed to hang down like that in the corner so that a bit of the light seeps through on the top

Nitpicking but feels a bit fragile and cheap there.

I'm not sure if they changed the ds4 sticks again but they feel different in that they are not as hard as the sticks on my uncharted 4 ds4. Could just be variance in manufacturing.

First time I put the game in and loaded up.

I did not sign in to PSN and I started LOU and R&C.

Looked good but I can't say I was impressed.

I sign into PSN and when these updates files are added.

Truly something to behold.

I am in favor of these mid cycle bumps in power.

Waaaaaaay better than original PS4.
It's so disappointing that the Witcher 3 and Bloodborne aren't getting patched for the Pro :(

guys i need some help.

Got the pro changed the hdd to sshd firecuda before turning it on and used a usb drive to download the update. When i turn on the ps4 pro and it tells me to insert a usb drive with the update and press ok it see the usb and tries to read it but says it cannot intiate and to put a usb drive in with the update. Wtf is going on?

Sure you have the full 8-900mb update? The smaller one isn't the one

Yeah I realized i had the wrong one. I'm an idiot lol. Started transfer. Deleted every retail game i had installed. 160gb will take 26 minutes. Can't wait!

Sanke__

on a gigbit network, for that amount to take 10 hours you must be running at 100mb wired somewhere, it only takes a single cable, or switch, or router to fuck it up, thats why i wired my network into my house myself so i knew everything was Cat5e 1Gbps

some ISP's have shit routers, it will sometimes say on the ports on the back it that are 10/100 or 101001000

Alternativly just google your router and find out that way

i imagine you could connect the consoles to each other directly using a Cat5e and connect each to the router via wifi, that way you should get the gigabit transfer speed.

Thank you SO MUCH
my time went from 32 hours to 4 hours
You are my hero

Tarkus

Hmm is the power button supposed to hang down like that in the corner so that a bit of the light seeps through on the top

Nitpicking but feels a bit fragile and cheap there.

I'm not sure if they changed the ds4 sticks again but they feel different in that they are not as hard as the sticks on my uncharted 4 ds4. Could just be variance in manufacturing.
The stick pads are oddly smooth, yet still quite grippy.

It's so disappointing that the Witcher 3 and Bloodborne aren't getting patched for the Pro :(
CDPR really dropped the ball here. At least there's still a small chance From will patch BB, or at least DS3.

vpance

Netflix supersample is impressive, lol. Couldn't stand the blurry UI before, with all the compression artifacts. Looks great now.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
DinoGAF theme downloads but then says I have to purchase to use it and takes me to a random game screen, can't get it to work, am crai

Lady Gaia

Yup, entering hour 4 here. How the absolute fuck is anything in 2016 this fucking slow?

You're moving a ton of data, and even on modern systems that takes time. It looks like I'll have moved ~700GB in 3 hours, which averages out at around 80MB/sec. That's a reasonable sustained transfer rate for a single hard disk so chances are that's the bottleneck.

Counting down the minutes to getting to check out my first PS4 Pro enhanced titles. From the sounds of it Infamous, Ratchet & Clank, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Uncharted 4 will make a reasonable array of experiences. I suspect I'll throw Knack in the mix just to see an updated launch title in action.

7ish hours to move 1.65 TB from a external hard drive backup. Restore failed two times within 20 minutes before the third try took it all the way.

BFIB

Still playing through Mafia 3 and everything looks so crisp now on 1080P.

Did this get the downsample patch?

gt86

I have to say I am really impressed by bf1, so much better than base ps4. Thinking I may have to buy rachet and clank after hearing everyone

Unknown?

Had a scare! Couldn't connect to my router via Ethernet and Wifi was slow as hell! Restarting it did the trick. 😆

Hmmmm I would have thought PSN download speeds would be super slow with people getting Pros and downloading updates and games and such, but it's faster than it's EVER been for me. Interesting.

I know this is a minor nitpick, but man did they have to ship such a damn short power cord? It's very annoying to plug the Pro in with how short it is. Anyone got a recommendation for a replacement cable? Maybe something not as thick/firm to make it easier to work with cable management.

Top Bottom