• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Discussion Thread 2 (read OP first)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pranay

The communications between Superbot and the fans on the internet has been terrible imo.

They have few days but they should show more about the game, more about the other modes and the story modes.

I am totally not sold on this games.

Now i am also following Halo 4 as well, and the reveal of every modes has been done in good co ordinate manner, Trailers have been launched on a lot of different stuff and has kept the hype really high till the release.

Also Frankie has been quite active and vocal here and has cleared a lot of doubts of the game

If anyone actually thinks this game can sell well in Japan the only thing that's ugly is their brain.

That thread is filled with nintendo fanboys, so they are ready to mock it as soon as the data comes up

SSReborn

It should do fairly well on IGN Colin was praising it on Podcast Beyond this week and he is the one doing the review. He kept saying its a really good game and it will surprise people.

prwxv3

It should do fairly well on IGN Colin was praising it on Podcast Beyond this week and he is the one doing the review. He kept saying its a really good game and it will surprise people.

Ironically he is also a huge Smash Bros fan. In fact he only had a Wii until the PS3 had a price cut because he refused to buy it at its absurd original price.

Gadirok

The communications between Superbot and the fans on the internet has been terrible imo.

They have few days but they should show more about the game, more about the other modes and the story modes.

Now i am also following Halo 4 as well, and the reveal of every modes has been done in good co ordinate manner, Trailers have been launched on a lot of different stuff and has kept the hype really high till the release.

Also Frankie has been quite active and vocal here and has cleared a lot of doubts of the game

That thread is filled with nintendo fanboys, so they are ready to mock it as soon as the data comes up

I haven't seen many blog posts for PSASBR in the past month so I agree with you. The main method of obtaining PS news for myself is through the blog, and they should have slowly let us in allowing us to see what each mode is and what the game offers rather than the live action trailer (which was good but the experience was short lived).

Ran rp

I want to help out with the |OT| :/. I originally was when Mr. Fix had the thread but thanks to Sandy I'm going to be swamped for the rest of the semester.

Edit: I'll be back tomorrow, my power's out so I've gotta hunt down some free WiFi while I'm out.

ascii42

The problem with the DMC thread was it was kind of a mess. I think the main topic should have those Character move list images, but not strategies.

Gadirok

A good edge and eurogamer review will actually shut a lot people

At this point I'm more concerned of how critics will react to LBP karting, since nobody has been talking about that at all, seems to be next to no hype and a LBP skin on modnation. Don't think Sony will be looking forward to the sales figures either after hardly promoting it. I just found out the release date is on the 6th.

Yea they should at least comminicate to people better. Something as simple as saying "Tune in Friday where will be showing off x,y,z."

That or just make it the same day every week, so people know to look out for more info. Instead they drop stuff out of the sky on us. LA Beat Down doesnt even count because we didn't get pro video out of that or even an interview.

prwxv3

At this point I'm more concerned of how critics will react to LBP karting, since nobody has been talking about that at all, seems to be next to no hype and a LBP skin on modnation. Don't think Sony will be looking forward to the sales figures either after hardly promoting it. I just found out the release date is on the 6th.

That actually looks like a cash grab unlike all stars.

B.O.O.M

My vote is STILL on Use Supers to Smash your bros...doesn't get any more epic than this..even Seth Killian agrees!

And a tourney should be fun :D Hopefully I can participate as well thought I will get my ass kicked

daoster

This year, Sony seems intent on not letting consumers know when games are released till like 2 weeks before hand...

BTW guys, this game is being released next week!

Mik_Pad

Banned

Halo 4 is MS biggest franchise and it has sold more than 45m copies I wouldn't compare it to a new IP.

Mr. Fix

Could you please elaborate? I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

DMC is really technical, so the guys who collaborated on the OT filled it with huge nuggets of info. That stuff wasn't allowed apparently.

Halo 4 is MS biggest franchise and it has sold more than 45m copies I wouldn't compare it to a new IP.

1. It's Microsoft.
2. It's Sony.

I'd agree that it doesn't compare to a new IP, but for this game I figured they should have actually put more effort into actually advertising it.

SmithnCo

I walked away unimpressed by the Karting Beta. Will probably buy at sub-$20, which, judging by the marketing, won't take long. It strikes me as them reusing a Modnation build to get back some of their investment in that concept, without really pushing the concept.

A good edge and eurogamer review will actually shut a lot people

I don't see EDGE giving it a high score.

Just look at their 10 commandments:
1. Don't break your own rules
2. Create, don't clone
3. Free to play is just a tool
4. Stop perving (RE: sex in games)
5. Invest in artificial intelligence
6. Make hard mode a feature (RE: enemy damage, health)
7. Don't punish us to get to pirates
8. A QTE isn't an action
9. Don't fear the reaper (see: Trials, Infinity Blade, Dark Souls)
10. Make first steps count (RE: tutorials)

;)

Mr. Fix

In that case, I hope that Metal Gear Rising doesn't have too many combos since I'm in charge of that thread ^_^;

Gl with that! Just keep in mind that OTs are supposed to be basic. You show what the game is, throw in a couple FAQs, and the general info. BruceLeeRoy gets away with that because he's motherfuckin' BruceLeeRoy.

Pranay

Playstation All stars is a celebration of all playstation character coming together in one single game.
It is Sony biggest game this year.

If this game becomes a massive hit , a lot of characters will become popular, it can change a lot of fortunes for Sony as well.

Halo 4 doesnt need that much marketing which its getting because its Halo and has a big fan base.

But MS wants to make Halo more big and are not satisfied with what they have.

I am not expecting Sony to waste that much money for All stars but the marketing can be much much better and esspecially communication between Super bot and Fans should be better.

Mik_Pad

Banned
Playstation All stars is a celebration of all playstation character coming together in one single game.
It is Sony biggest game this year.

If this game becomes a massive hit , a lot of characters will become popular, it can change a lot of fortunes for Sony as well.

Halo 4 doesnt need that much marketing which its getting because its Halo and has a big fan base.

But MS wants to make Halo more big and are not satisfied with what they have.

I am not expecting Sony to waste that much money for All stars but the marketing can be much much better and esspecially communication between Super bot and Fans should be better.
I agree the marketing could be better as it is for every SCE game, MS had to convince fans 343i will do a good job which they have done really well and they have to convince the masses why should they buy Halo instead of CoD so they needed all the marketing muscle they could use.

I hope the PS Blog didnt lie because im still waiting for the ton of new footage they had, so far we have only seen the mash-up dev diary.

prwxv3

does anyone have the vid where omar admits to taking inspiration from SB and other fighting games. The accusations of Superbot denying influence from SB is getting annoying. That should be in the OP

B.O.O.M

I see a lot of '6's for this game sadly...mainly cuz I expect most of the people who get to review this will big smash fans. I don't expect much in the way of objectivity.

IF this gets a meta of over 80..I would be surprised AND very happy

sn00zer

I see a lot of '6's for this game sadly...mainly cuz I expect most of the people who get to review this will big smash fans. I don't expect much in the way of objectivity.

Its gotten a lot of help from Sony Santa Monica, I seriously doubt you will see low scores.

SSReborn

This ultimately depends on the tutorials that Superbot includes in the final game if they are able to properly explain how this game is different from Smash Bros and why the mechanics are worth paying attention to then I can see it doing well. It needs to be very in depth covering everything we've seen and know about the game so far as well as other things that we don't. Things like Super dodging needs to be covered, the importance of comboing and the infinite avoidance system, playing possum by holding block, teching downwards for slight faster recovery etc. If they do this correctly then the only thing I see this game possibly getting knocked on is:

"People don't care about these characters"
"Presentation"

B.O.O.M

Its gotten a lot of help from Sony Santa Monica, I seriously doubt you will see low scores.

This ultimately depends on the tutorials that Superbot includes in the final game if they are able to properly explain how this game is different from Smash Bros and why the mechanics are worth paying attention to then I can see it doing well. It needs to be very in depth covering everything we've seen and know about the game so far as well as other things that we don't. Things like Super dodging needs to be covered, the importance of comboing and the infinite avoidance system, playing possum by holding block, teching downwards for slight faster recovery etc. If they do this correctly then the only thing I see this game possibly getting knocked on is:

"Presentation"

hehe I guess I'm just jaded when it comes modern reviews in general. I will go in with my expectations set real low...but hope for a surprise

prwxv3

"Presentation"

They should get point off for presentation. "People don't care about these characters" is subjective but they could have made a bigger roster.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

"Presentation"

Unless I missed something, we still basically know nothing about the arcade mode and trail modes, which if they suck or could be 100%ed in like 4 hours, then it could bring down the scores too.

SSReborn

Unless I missed something, we still basically know nothing about the arcade mode and trail modes, which if they suck or could be 100%ed in like 4 hours, then it could bring down the scores too.

lol when I said tutorial I was essentially including trials mode as well, as a tutorial for the characters and I personally don't really see the game getting knocked for a standard arcade progression like the capcom fighting games have; though with the way reviews are nowadays you never know. They are kind of inconsistent with that kind of stuff sometimes they will judge a game based upon something while other times that won't be a problem for another game.

as long as the multiplayer is good, im good. this isn't smash and i'm not sure why people think it should be. that being said, i found the netcode to be wonky at times during the beta. hopefully, these issues won't come up in the retail release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom