• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Discussion Thread 2 (read OP first)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSReborn

http://twitter.com/TheMarkVernon/status/264813621605982209/photo/1
@SuperBotEnt we are PACKED at @mlg pic.twitter.com/kROqGVYP
A6zOlfgCYAACUrT.jpg

Figboy79

Aftershock LA

It's one of the things I'm most surprised about concerning this game. The general negativity that was rampant in a lot of threads across the net just isn't present at these types of events.

I was very, every surprised by how packed the LA Beatdown was, and how into the game people were. Especially the people who were watching the battles that were projected on the 30 foot wall. Crowd reactions to the combat was better than I was expecting.

I usually don't let the negativity get to me, but I was definitely beginning to think I was only one of five people genuinely excited for this game, with four of those people being Superbot employees. Lol.

Events like LA Beatdown and this MLG tourney at least assure me that I'm not alone in my excitement for this game. Lol.

WatTsu

There is a very, very tiny bit about All-Stars in the current American Airlines in-flight magazine. Like...a paragraph that one would see on the back of a box.

Still, if you were wondering about publicity, there's that.

Dreweyes

There is a very, very tiny bit about All-Stars in the current American Airlines in-flight magazine. Like...a paragraph that one would see on the back of a box.

Still, if you were wondering about publicity, there's that.

Weird... I wonder if Suberbot even knows about it.

WatTsu

It's part of a half-page feature about big video games for the holidays. It's one of four games featured (there's another one about games for "little kids" and "big kids", with Skylanders Giants being one of the games in the former category and AC3 in the latter).

cyborg009

Banned

Lets summon Paul Gale and ask!

edit: found reason why we didn't have any videos

[Update 11/1/12]: Long Boring story short, we had some technical difficulties on Thursday night and botched the video capture. In fairness, of the ten matches that Clockw0rk was able to log, he won all but two. Unbeatable? Nay. But don’t take our word for it. This challenge will be issued again for all to witness. We’ll let you know when.

Takao

Banned
Why isn't GT5 Jeff Gordon in this game? No GT representation at all. SMH kaz would be sad.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the game is out on the 6th. SCE has no street dates any more in North America.

Has the game gone gold yet? When it does it should start popping up.

Well if street date is indeed lifted it wouldn't be impossible that the game is spotted as soon as next week no?

Probably 2 weeks from now tho or at the real release date.

I'll be sooo salty tho if you crazy americans get it over week before us.

PhoenonX

Neo Member
A debate between getting the ZOE HD Collection with a few sloppily designed ports with the Rising demo, or just getting Sony Smash and using Raiden all I want.

Looks like I'm going to be mashing Dive Kicks and Million Foot Stabs against the army of Kratos users online then it seems.

Mr. Fix

A debate between getting the ZOE HD Collection with a few sloppily designed ports with the Rising demo, or just getting Sony Smash and using Raiden all I want.

Looks like I'm going to be mashing Dive Kicks and Million Foot Stabs against the army of Kratos users online then it seems.

Don't fret, I'm certain there will also be an army of Raiden users once the game's released.

PhoenonX

Neo Member
Don't fret, I'm certain there will also be an army of Raiden users once the game's released.

jesushowhorrifying.jpg

Understandable though. I'm sure most of them will just mash his Stinger type move, and I can almost guarantee it's punishable on block.

and army of Dantes, Fortesques and Drakes if FB likes are indicating anything.

Poor Fat P, Toro and Heihachi lol. And I'm eager to try those 2 out the most along with Dante!

PhoenonX

Neo Member
The mere thought that people are gonna be using Donte is saddening.

Then again, to be honest he looks more fun to use in Sony Smash than he does in his own damn game, as far as I'm concerned at least.

Then again, to be honest he looks more fun to use in Sony Smash than he does in his own damn game, as far as I'm concerned at least.

Aww come on. Dino looks like lot of fun.
as does DMC *runs*

May I ask where your avatar is from? I believe I have seen others rocking similar ones.

Mr. Fix

I'll probably try out Dino myself, but he is in no way as stylish as the original one, which is my main gripe. He lacks the amount of weapons Dante had in 4, and doesn't even have his own Revenant (shotgun) and Eryx gauntlets from his own damn game.

PhoenonX

Neo Member
Holy shit, Raiden has a dive kick? How did I not know that?! incredible stuff

Yeah, whenever I see Omar play Raiden he uses that a lot, it seems to ground bounce, and whenever it hits he takes a few swings after it so I'm guessing it's actually possible to combo after landing it as well.

PhoenonX

Neo Member
Only think I've really seen so far are the items I've seen from the Beta.

I like that ball item you can throw that hovers off the ground when enemies are near and explodes messing with their ability to use Supers, but I don't particularly care for that Pink Spear weapon. It's far too easy to avoid and has a ton of startup as well as recovery.

It's much more enjoyable putting your opponent in long combo strings anyways, especially when they're on the mic and getting pissed off at you and telling you to "stop doing the same combo over and over again".

Figboy79

Aftershock LA

I got to play as Dante at the LA Beatdown, and to be honest, he's pretty fricking awesome. I really enjoyed playing as him, and he felt like Dante, even if he didn't look like Classic Dante.

B.O.O.M

Do blade attacks collide at all in this game? Perhaps a *ching* sound effect?
Would of been pretty funny...
but annoying in the long run

2194910_o.gif

lol nah..I don't think so. And I'm glad too, that would have gotten annoying real fast!

But I think such a thing won't come up during battles much anyways cuz other than Raiden, the other 3 characters use a huge range of weapons to fight. I can't wait for some youtube vids to pop up with headlines such as "the ultimate hack and slash hero" competition

Ken

Was at Gamestop and made an unplanned pre-order for this game. Is there anything about if the pre-order costumes will carry over from the PS3 to Vita version? Also, is this fun for kids where you can just mash out stuff and feel accomplished?

TheMink

Was at Gamestop and made an unplanned pre-order for this game. Is there anything about if the pre-order costumes will carry over from the PS3 to Vita version? Also, is this fun for kids where you can just mash out stuff and feel accomplished?

I would say definitely. Id bet money on that actually.

And yeah, mashing is still pretty fun :)

Yeah the DLC should carry over. As for button mashing you will certainly lose to players that know what they are doing but I won't go as far as to say it can't be fun. Hard question to answer.

I remember back in the day I had loads of fun with Tekken and Soul Blade just mashing and not knowing any better :lol.

edit: ugh Mink stealing my thunder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom