• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Discussion Thread 2 (read OP first)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endo Punk

The PSASBR community here baffles me. Character was leaked and you still act surprised and disappointed :\ Man Sony fanboyism makes me ashamed.

At this point I'm thinking the "the leak is not representative of the final roster" line from way back when was total bullshit.

Or alternatively, they'll cut out Sir Dan from the final roster. Given the rest of the roster choices, that's the only thing that'll make sense.

They didn't mention DLC when they talked about the final roster and it would be a waste of time and money to cut Sir Dan and/or Nariko. We'll have to wait and see.

The PSASBR community here baffles me. Character was leaked and you still act surprised and disappointed :\ Man Sony fanboyism makes me ashamed.

we get it, you hate the game. make a thread about hating the game and chill out in there instead of shitting up this thread.

HardRojo

One thing is knowing the character is in and another is seeing them in action, just look at Phoenix Wright in UMvC3, many people were excited when he was leaked but when his playstyle was revealed lots of them were scared away.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Yeah especially a negative one. All praise POSBR.

Continue the circle jerk.

Dude, get over it and stop following the game already. We know you hate the game. Hell, we all know that I love the game. It's not new news to anybody at this point, so there's no point in constantly chiming in to say how much you still hate the game. At this point, nothing is going to suddenly make you change your mind, so why do this to yourself? It'd be like me watching Rush Limbaugh's or Bill O'Reilly's television/radio shows, despite me hating them with every fiber of my being. I'm just cruising for some long term mental, emotional, and physical damage. I choose to remove myself from that scenario all together. There's nothing wrong with you just walking away from this game. It's clearly not doing it for you (except maybe raising your blood pressure, I don't know).

Anyway, Evil Cole looks badass. His Supers (Good Cole's level 2 notwithstanding), to me are much better than Good Coles. His moveset looks impressive as well.

I think it'd be pretty fun to play 2v2, where Evil Cole and Good Cole are teamed up against 2 other players. Lol. So they are going to reveal another character today? Or will it be later in the week?

LOL: https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/status/240531095291043841/photo/1

Kaz Hirai said:
Announcing our latest PS All Star Characters! We have doubled the character list:

A1aJwbzCIAEQ0do.jpg:large

Edit: Holy shit @ the other thread, some of the worst offenders aren't even the haters.

man I was hoping evil cole was scrapped there is so much other 1st party characters that deserved the spot more then having two of the same characters in the game :(

sn00zer

Holy shit a the amount of hate suddenly......he's not even a clone and obviously has a dfferent move set.....wow....just wow

Cant even imagine what it would have been like if Melee was announced today

I don't even.

The character was already leaked and you're still at the top of the most frequent posters in the other thread spewing your garbage. If you don't have anything useful to contribute, then why hang around and troll people excited for a game they like?

Noi

Holy shit a the amount of hate suddenly......he's not even a clone and obviously has a dfferent move set.....wow....just wow

I don't think you've been paying attention.

These guys despite having the same moveset, aren't the same character.

Marthmelee.jpg
Roymelee.jpg

Captainfalconmelee.jpg
Ganondorfmelee.jpg

Foxmelee.jpg
Falcomelee.jpg

I wouldn't be giving two shits about Evil Cole being in the game if this game had the same amount of game representation as Melee had. Keep in mind that Marth/Roy were placed in Melee despite not a single Fire Emblem game having been released in the US at the time.

J-Tier

Anyone doing that math, what's it looking like--the roster that is?

We're going to assume that both TGS/Brazil Game Show and NYCC will have something to show. And we KNOW that PAX has 2 characters to show.

So we potentially have six more characters coming.

xptoxyz

*images*

I wouldn't be giving two shits about Evil Cole being in the game if this game had the same amount of game representation as Melee had. Keep in mind that Marth/Roy were placed in Melee despite not a single Fire Emblem game having been released in the US at the time.

Doesn't it have more already?

sn00zer

Must be a matter of opinion, but id take the "same" character with a totally different moveset than a different skin with some variables changed
also you are missing Pichu, Pikachu Dr.Mario, Mario Link,YoungLink/Toon Link

and its easy for Nintendo to get whatever characters they want because they own them....it isnt the legal mess that PSABR has to deal with....Sony barely own any of the characters they are know for....and so far they have put in all of the ones they do own and they are at the mercy of the contracts when it comes to characters they dont

Verendus

Banned
Thankfully, the most disappointing inclusion is now out of the way. Just waiting to see Sir Dan and Raiden in action. They should redeem this shitty choice somewhat. I will also continue to pray for Wander and Tomba.

Nouzka

Evil Cole? Meh...

So Nariko, Sir Daniel and Raiden are yet to be revealed from the leak. Connor/Ezio probably will be Ubisoft character. Maybe they add Vampire Cole and New Cole also :)

Noi

Must be a matter of opinion, but id take the "same" character with a totally different moveset than a different skin with some variables changed

Pichu and Pikachu aren't technically the same pokemon. You're right about Dr. Mario, but I recall people being just as upset about that back then as they are today about him.

and its easy for Nintendo to get whatever characters they want because they own them....it isnt the legal mess that PSABR has to deal with....Sony barely own any of the characters they are know for....and so far they have put in all of the ones they do own and they are at the mercy of the contracts when it comes to characters they dont

...What?

xptoxyz

Is there any panel where the PAX characters would be revealed or is this going to be a release trailers, and have characters on the show floor?

plainr_

When I think Evil Cole before the reveal, I also thought, what a waste it would be to include him when there are tons more characters that could really diversify the roster. But, when I think of other fighters like MK, it doesn't seem so bad with Scorpion vs Subzero, SSB with Mario/Luigi, Street Fighter with Ken/Ryu, etc... I was also afraid Superbot would go the easy route by simply changing his color pallete and Supers but I guessed wrong. Evil Cole's moveset look very different even from the rest of the characters. Would love to see him paired against Dante as his rival.

TheMink

I absolutely agree.

There are no "clones" in PSAS. Clones suck, evil cole is not a clone.

Verendus

Banned
Anyone doing that math, what's it looking like--the roster that is?

We're going to assume that both TGS/Brazil Game Show and NYCC will have something to show. And we KNOW that PAX has 2 characters to show.

So we potentially have six more characters coming.
Evil Cole is out of the way. Two more are going at PAX. That would likely only leave Raiden. I imagine they're saving him for TGS? All I know is, my hopes are high for 3 or 4 more characters than we already know about now.

If we get Wander and Tomba/Alundra/Dart, I will be more than happy with this roster. Add in a potential third party rep like Connor or Ezio, and it would be even better. Maybe it's silly of me, but I have really high hopes right now. I've never bothered pre-ordering a game except for this and Uncharted 3. I'm hoping for the best of things.

Either I rise to heaven, or fall and break my legs.

Edit:

I really wouldn't compare Cole/Evil Cole with the likes of Ryu/Ken and Scorpion/Sub Zero. You're talking franchises that have a huge legacy behind them, and they're from a very different time. Not to mention, Cole/Evil Cole could only wish to be as iconic as the other four.

B.O.O.M

I think it showed the infamous tower stage..but it looked more 'brighter'. Like it was during day time or something.

Anywho loving the way Evil Cole plays. That lvl 3 is money

Finally some useful Evil Cole art. Time to update the grid. This time I'll use a minus account because I'm sick of imgur's shit.

And I'm glad this game doesn't have useless characters. What the fuck was the point of Pichu besides appealing to kids? That little bitch harmed himself more than others.

VV Do you want Kat and Ryu Hayabusa on the grid as well or must those two spots be empty? Your call.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Crash Bandicoot and FF Representative.

The dream must live on

I think they are going to announce FF character and Raiden this weekend because MGS event will happens this Thursday and FF event will happens on Sept 1 or Sept 3. I don't remember.

Thankfully, GAF don't exist during Melee announcements, because GAF would crash for few days. :p In fact, I am encouraging Superbot to add Vampire Cole to perfect their Sony's Wolf/Falco/Fox.

Question is: Does ECole's level two heals him? Would be awesome if it did.

How do it work if we don't have Hit Points/Percents?

TheMink

The two characters i know of that i have been told are dlc would be appropriate for tgs btw.
Although i doubt they would announce dlc characters at tgs.

Heres to hoping that they make the cut as day one characters.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
The two characters i know of that i have been told are dlc would be appropriate for tgs btw.
Although i doubt they would announce dlc characters at tgs.

Heres to hoping that they make the cut as day one characters.

So I guess those characters would be favored by Japanese, so I hope that we will see Kat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom