• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain N

Oh man! Playing the beta has me thinking about unannounced characters. I want the following characters.

Tomba!

Creature from War of The Monsters (a level would be awesome too)

Alucard

Boss Man

I feel bad playing Sly since people have been saying he may be OP (I think he may just match well against the current roster), but man I enjoy his playstyle more than the others. I knew I'd be playing Sly as soon as I saw the Beta roster, I just enjoy the way he feels.

I have a feeling I'm going to be playing a lot of Ratchet in the final build though. Looking forward to seeing that reveal and how he plays. I have a feeling I'm going to like him a lot.

I feel bad playing Sly since people have been saying he may be OP (I think he may just match well against the current roster), but man I enjoy his playstyle more than the others. I knew I'd be playing Sly as soon as I saw the Beta roster, I just enjoy the way he feels.

I have a feeling I'm going to be playing a lot of Ratchet in the final build though. Looking forward to seeing that reveal and how he plays. I have a feeling I'm going to like him a lot.

People jump between who may and may not be OP don't worry about it haha. And there's such a variety online! With a cast of 20+ this game is gonna be so fun! I'm looking forward to Cole myself

Holy crud you know what just occured to me? If Spike is the Ape Escape character rep then that means Jake could be one of his alternate costumes!!! This would be huge for me guys. HUGE. Ahhhh now I'm totally rooting for Spike

Caffer

Neo Member
second time ps3 beeps 3 times and shuts off itself while playing the beta...just like l.a.noire... 60 gb ps3 with upgraded hdd! did this happen to you too?

edit: third time now..I think I'll let it rest for a while :(

Loudninja

Please post or PM me if you got a code so I can removed you.

1.ScraftyDevil
2.Silent_Ocarina
Takuya
4.cnizzle06
7. devilwillcry
8. Daniel_Gonzz
10. Donos_de
11. darkwing
12. #1 defender
13. Desmond
14. Acquiescence
15. Caffer
16. Cyberia
17. Dusky
18. SoulUnison
19. Chuck Norris

20. murderofMonkey
22. FinKL
23,CerebralTiger
24. Pai Pai Master
25. Sid
26.GMN
27. nitrowolf2
28.Zen
29.WinFonda
30.mauaus
31.pharmboy044
32.Cyborg009
33.Byronic Hero
34.Angelcurio
35.batmandarkknight
36. Cisce
37. Kyon
38. PartTimeWarrior
39. maxte
40. YoungOne
31.Noi
42.Order
43.libregkd
44.Shadowlink
45.spindashing
36.elektrixx
47.KillGore
48.upJTboogie
49.sponge
50.-Cade
51.Out_Of_Ammo
52.Itchy//Tasty
53.Archon473
54.Firequake
55.Captain_Spanky
56.De-mon
57.xptoxyz
58.KalBalboa
59.Lexxon
60.mohsinkhan
61.jaxpunk
62.Hyuga
63.Equus Bellator Apex
64.Revven
65.paskowitz
66.FrenchMovieTheme
67.Spy
68.Dynamic3
69.RetroGamer42
70.Friedreich
71.Penguin
72.Tratorn
73.HiddenWings
74.MaxwellGT2000
75.Sephiroth503
76.ShabbadooJr
77.Xater
78.Gear2nd_PK

I was just thinking, Fat Princess' alt costume is her as a pirate as reference to the Pirates and Ninjas Fat Princess DLC. Does that mean....NINJA FAT PRINCESS FOR GOD TIER

TheMink

Quick question for people who are enjoying the game : have you been interested in the game since the beginning (easily pleased) or were you more sceptical?

I'm easily pleased to be honest, I'm the opposite of a hater. But I can tell when a game just isn't good.
This game is excellent, and most importantly very fun.

Do you guys think there will be a "Final Destination" type level? Like just (what would be a) box in this game. I imagine it being designed like the practice room in the SF games with a PS3 wave or something?
Also I hope the XMB is a stage :D that would be awesome.
And lastly my hopes for Spyro being in this game have skyrocketed. I started playing PS Spyro games again and got addicted. I was going to play the one for PS3 that came out in like 07 but it's like $35 every where I look! Can you believe that?

I imagine there would be a final destination level. It's pretty much a standard in these kind of games but I could imagine it being more of a practice room than a proper level.

I'm personally just looking forward alone to seeing what game franchises we'll have stages based on.

SmithnCo

I was just thinking, Fat Princess' alt costume is her as a pirate as reference to the Pirates and Ninjas Fat Princess DLC. Does that mean....NINJA FAT PRINCESS FOR GOD TIER

Speaking of alts...

I wonder if Toro's costume changes will change based on his alt? They would probably have to, unless they are just different colors. In which case they'd need a lot of different colors.

So, awesome story. We have a thing in our town called "Harborfest", its just a small festival around the city. We got Kenny Loggins playing, good food, big fireworks display, whatever.

However, the Sony truck rolled in again this year. They've come before during the PS1 and PS2 era, and i went, just to see what kind of free swag they might have.

Imagine, to my sheer excitement, they had 4 demo stations set up for PSASBR. Its the E3 build, so we have through Nathan and Big Daddy. I got some time to play around with things, and i'm 100% sold on this game now. I don't really have much in-depth to say, though i can answer any questions since the demo will be open tomorrow as well. I did find Big Daddy to be a little too slow compared to the other characters to really get in and build as well as the others. Nathan's Level 3 got me 5 kills on my first shot, i'd say its the best of the 8 characters. I only managed 4 with Kratos and Sweet Tooth, though i'm sure you can do better. But the difference is, with the other characters you have to chase them down, where Nathan can just shoot and pick the zombies off with ease.

Speaking of alts...

I wonder if Toro's costume changes will change based on his alt? They would probably have to, unless they are just different colors. In which case they'd need a lot of different colors.

I assumed Toro's starting costume would change and that would be it. Might be hard to keep track of which suit you're wearing if they're all different haha. But you do make a good point in which case Toro would have a TON of alternate costumes haha

SmithnCo

I assumed Toro's starting costume would change and that would be it. Might be hard to keep track of which suit you're wearing if they're all different haha. But you do make a good point in which case Toro would have a TON of alternate costumes haha

Yeah, they'd have to have a color for all his normal ninja outfits, and the ones for his suit alt too so that none are the same, theoretically. I guess they could do it by making the suit's alt stances a darker shade or something. But it would be cool if his stance costumes changed too, even if it is slight.

k_Reign

So, awesome story. We have a thing in our town called "Harborfest", its just a small festival around the city. We got Kenny Loggins playing, good food, big fireworks display, whatever.

However, the Sony truck rolled in again this year. They've come before during the PS1 and PS2 era, and i went, just to see what kind of free swag they might have.

Imagine, to my sheer excitement, they had 4 demo stations set up for PSASBR. Its the E3 build, so we have through Nathan and Big Daddy. I got some time to play around with things, and i'm 100% sold on this game now. I don't really have much in-depth to say, though i can answer any questions since the demo will be open tomorrow as well. I did find Big Daddy to be a little too slow compared to the other characters to really get in and build as well as the others. Nathan's Level 3 got me 5 kills on my first shot, i'd say its the best of the 8 characters. I only managed 4 with Kratos and Sweet Tooth, though i'm sure you can do better. But the difference is, with the other characters you have to chase them down, where Nathan can just shoot and pick the zombies off with ease.

It's awesome that you got to play as Big Daddy! I want to play as him really badly, haha.

Something a lot of people dont realize is that a lot of level 3s have projectiles...playing against Kratos, they just chase people down. But he has a projectile that homes in on the other players :) 6 kills with it with one super.

I'm starting to loathe the impending discussion of this game come release. So many topics on forums are about who is OP and calling the game stupid because somebody decides a certain character is OP

k_Reign

EVERY CHARACTER I'M NOT PLAYING IS OP NERF SLY WHY CAN HE EVEN GO INVISIBLE.

:p

The biggest thing I am not looking forward to is having uncontrollable hype the closer we get to release.

EVERY CHARACTER I'M NOT PLAYING IS OP NERF SLY WHY CAN HE EVEN GO INVISIBLE.

:p

The biggest thing I am not looking forward to is having uncontrollable hype the closer we get to release.

The dojo did a good job of handling my hype for smash. Having something to look forward to every day is better than something to look towards every month or so. But we are getting a lot more info at these events...
I just always want more info okay?

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Please post or PM me if you got a code so I can removed you.[/B][/U]

Hey dude, I somehow got deleted from the earlier list :(

I think I fit in after 40. YoungOne, but it's up to you.

I'm really itching to join you guys. Hopefully there's still room for the rest of us.

Loudninja

1.ScraftyDevil
2.Silent_Ocarina
3.Takuya
4.cnizzle06
5. devilwillcry
6. Daniel_Gonzz
7. Donos_de
8. darkwing
9. #1 defender
10. Desmond
11. Acquiescence
12. Caffer
13. Cyberia
14. Dusky
15. SoulUnison
16. Chuck Norris
20. murderofMonkey 
22. FinKL
23,CerebralTiger
24. Pai Pai Master
25. Sid
26.GMN
27. nitrowolf2
28.Zen
29.WinFonda
30.mauaus
31.pharmboy044
32.Cyborg009
33.Byronic Hero
34.Angelcurio
35.batmandarkknight
36. Cisce
37. Kyon
38. PartTimeWarrior
39. maxte
Catalix
40. YoungOne
31.Noi
42.Order
43.libregkd
44.Shadowlink
45.spindashing
36.elektrixx
47.KillGore
48.upJTboogie
49.sponge
50.-Cade
51.Out_Of_Ammo
52.Itchy//Tasty
53.Archon473
54.Firequake
55.Captain_Spanky
56.De-mon
57.xptoxyz
58.KalBalboa
59.Lexxon
60.mohsinkhan
61.jaxpunk
62.Hyuga
Wuthering_Heights
Zeroth Point Break
63.Equus Bellator Apex
64.Revven
65.paskowitz
66.FrenchMovieTheme
67.Spy
68.Dynamic3
69.RetroGamer42
70.Friedreich
71.Penguin

72.Tratorn
73.HiddenWings
74.MaxwellGT2000
75.Sephiroth503
76.ShabbadooJr
77.Xater
78.Gear2nd_PK
79.JazzmanZ
80.Ichor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom