• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
mother effer. lmao.
Okay okay. You got me.

I thought it was a reference to that post but figured it was just a coincidence. It's 5 am, im tired, I need to go to sleep.
Sorry for the bitching guiz.

No need to apologise; it could have happened to anyone. The amount of overzealous DmC bitching there is going on right now is an absolute joke anyway.

Raonak

Banned
Gah.... so is it basically confirmed Dino's in?

I hate microsoft, i hate apple, i hate activision. But in all my years of gaming, i've never felt as much hatred at anything, as i have at the DmC reboot.

I thought I had made my peace with the death of my second favourite franchise... apperently not.
Hopefully he has a Dante costume.

As much as I hate the DMC reboot. I'll have to state that it doesn't stop my absolute love of DMC1, 2 and 4.

Plus: Remember that if Ninja Theory wasn't rebooting DMC there's a high chance that we wouldn't have any Devil May Cry games until the next generation. Considering that the core DMC Team was busy with Dragon's Dogma since DMC4 finished development.

Raonak

Banned
As much as I hate the DMC reboot. I'll have to state that it doesn't stop my absolute love of DMC1, 2 and 4.

Yeah, I absolutely love DMC. My favourite franchise only behind MGS. which makes it more painful.
Plus: Remember that if Ninja Theory wasn't rebooting DMC there's a high chance that we wouldn't have any Devil May Cry games until the next generation. Considering that the core DMC Team was busy with Dragon's Dogma since DMC4 finished development.

On the flip side; if DmC reboot is successful, it's highly likely that we won't see a traditional DMC5 for quite some time. As we'll see sequels of the reboot.
I wouldn't be suprised if DmC is the permenant direction of the series.

which is why im considering becoming religious so i can pray for DmC to bomb horribly.
---

Also. I really hope theres more characters. The lack of Old Snake is very distrubing.

Jaroof

If Musashi makes it in, I'd be so happy. It has to be OG Musashi though. I really hope this leaks isn't real though, I don't want to see Raiden over Old Snake or Donte over someone else that could be a much better third party character.

This.
Maaaan, I would flip out if he made it in.

Dusky

^Female spot left and rpg char.

Pff new Dante...

Sorry, was referring to these:

ODk3NDc4OUY0N0M2QUY3OUJCREE6NGMzYzQyZjBhZjdlMmI0NjA4ZDRiOTc4NWExNGY5NTQ=

ODk3NDc4OUY0N0M2QUY3OUJCREE6MDBmZDMwOWU0ZjMyNGViNjhlM2U4ODI4YWU1MGYyMTI=

ODk3NDc4OUY0N0M2QUY3OUJCREE6NDEwNmYwOTVhZDNmMGVmYjJlY2I4MDU5ZDM3NjcwY2I=

ODk3NDc4OUY0N0M2QUY3OUJCREE6NzJmNzI3NGJkYTg0MmMwMTNjNWY5MTY2ODExMzU0N2E=

So guys, in the leak there were apparently mentions of Free Roam and Character Customization. What do you think these things could entail?

My idea for character customisation:

Savable movelist customisation: If you're unhappy with the bttons assigned for particular moves, change them and save it to your profile.

Unlockable visual effects: Only used offline, things like neon after-trails

Basic mix&match: Mix and match various parts of the skins for use in offline modes

TheMink

Savable movelist customisation: If you're unhappy with the bttons assigned for particular moves, change them and save it to your profile.

Basic mix&match: Mix and match various parts of the skins for use in offline modes

Sounds logical to me

k_Reign

Eh, unfortunately, not being able to find any opponents lines up with when the email said that the beta was going to end for the weekend. Bummer...next weekend it should be up, though.

Ravage

Fantastic idea.

BadAss2961

Gah.... so is it basically confirmed Dino's in?

I hate microsoft, i hate apple, i hate activision. But in all my years of gaming, i've never felt as much hatred at anything, as i have at the DmC reboot.

I thought I had made my peace with the death of my second favourite franchise... apperently not.
Hopefully he has a Dante costume.
I'm on the fence with this game. It looks really good, but i'm not much into the genre. So the roster selection is a huge deal to me. Knee-jerk as it may sound, if Dino and his voice replaces Dante in All Stars, I don't think i'll be buying. Definitely not near launch at least.

Dante's the one who helped build the Playstation brand, which is what this game should be about.

k_Reign

I'm on the fence with this game. It looks really good, but i'm not much into the genre. So the roster selection is a huge deal to me. Knee-jerk as it may sound, if Dino and his voice replaces Dante in All Stars, I don't think i'll be buying. Definitely not near launch at least.

Dante's the one who helped build the Playstation brand, which is what this game should be about.

I'll bet that if you played the game a bit you'd totally jump on board. It's been great fun even with just 6 characters and 4 stages in the beta.

Can this be the thread that's still happy? The leak thread is a confusing mess of sadness haha. So much character discussion, I want a game modes list and discuss that!

k_Reign

Actually, one last piece of sadness:

I wish the beta was still going on!! It was so much fun and I played way too much...I can't wait to get my hands on Big Daddy and some of the other characters >:)

Zabuza

Banned
Actually, one last piece of sadness:

I wish the beta was still going on!! It was so much fun and I played way too much...I can't wait to get my hands on Big Daddy and some of the other characters >:)

I hope an updated beta comes out with Big Daddy, Drake, Toro, and Heihachi. I really want to try some more characters out.

k_Reign

I hope an updated beta comes out with Big Daddy, Drake, Toro, and Heihachi. I really want to try some more characters out.

Ooh, that'd be great. There's another beta event next weekend, right? I think that's what the email said, anyway. We just have that next weekend and then the next weekend(ish) is Gamescom!

Zabuza

Banned
Ooh, that'd be great. There's another beta event next weekend, right? I think that's what the email said, anyway. We just have that next weekend and then the next weekend(ish) is Gamescom!

Excellent. And hopefully all this leak business gets sorted out with an official statement fro Superbot.

k_Reign

Excellent. And hopefully all this leak business gets sorted out with an official statement fro Superbot.

Who knows; I know studios don't usually like to comment on stuff like this.

I can't wait for Gamescom. I get busy again that week so hopefully I'll have some time to check out the reveal trailers during a stream, but I'll likely just have to come check here while it's going on.

Zabuza

Banned
Imagine this. No comment on the leaks from Superbot, and then Gamescom comes along...

Omar comes onstage and says, "The stage leaks were real, but the character leaks were early ideas of who we could put in this game. We can assure you that the final roster will look very different from what was leaked. Now we'll have 2 more character reveals, and I think you will all be surprised.

CONNOR AND KAT REVEALED!

Takuya

Banned
Wonder why Big Daddy is missing from that picture. Seems kind of odd since he was also a reveal. So, just take it as a very incomplete character list.

k_Reign

Imagine this. No comment on the leaks from Superbot, and then Gamescom comes along...

Omar comes onstage and says, "The stage leaks were real, but the character leaks were early ideas of who we could put in this game. We can assure you that the final roster will look very different from what was leaked. Now we'll have 2 more character reveals, and I think you will all be surprised.

CONNOR AND KAT REVEALED!

Hah! That'd be great. I still don't think they'll comment on it since a lot of people probably haven't seen the leaks.

Plus, Omar mentioned that they will be revealing more than 2 and at most 4 characters at Gamescom! MORE THAN 2

Zabuza

Banned
Hah! That'd be great. I still don't think they'll comment on it since a lot of people probably haven't seen the leaks.

Plus, Omar mentioned that they will be revealing more than 2 and at most 4 characters at Gamescom! MORE THAN 2

I never heard about this more than 2 business. That's great. I'm hoping for a surprise but if we just get to see how some of these leaked characters play I'll be just as happy.

Ryce

Wonder why Big Daddy is missing from that picture. Seems kind of odd since he was also a reveal. So, just take it as a very incomplete character list.
He's not missing. The first 8 revealed characters have their portraits done in a different style:

untitledcxji4.jpg

k_Reign

wait, the beta ended already? why?

The email mentioned that it will only be going on during certain weekends. It just happened to be up a few days early.

I can't wait to see which characters are announced. My hype levels are still through the roof...even if it is characters that have been leaked. Superbot's such a freaking tease with only a few days for the beta!

He's not missing. The first 8 revealed characters have their portraits done in a more updated style:

untitledcxji4.jpg

Those are the old portraits. The ones from the beta looked much better, especially Parappa. I'd imagine that's one of the things they actually did update in it.

SSReborn

So I liked CC's idea of discussing each characters fighting style instead of worrying about character inclusions. Superbot already said that they are picking characters based upon multiple things and one thats very important was movesets.

Seeing as this is a fighting game it makes sense to focus on what each character can bring in terms of combat and less about personality. In terms of all the characters in the leaked and known rosters I don't see any character that I can think of as a negative in terms of combat

Nariko

The main thing that she has to offer is the Heavenly Sword. Now in her own game that sword has 3 forms which all relate to 3 different stances which are speed, power, and range. Either Super bot is gonna give her different stances or they are gonna disperse her moves across the square circle and triangle button; I think I prefer the former. She may also have a dedicated counter button "O" which can have different effects with which direction pressed. Her Superstyles can be very great for throws. I can see lovers quarrel as the knockback throw her knockdown throw could be lovers embrace and her knockup move can be something else. In terms of movement style I don't exactly know what they can give her for dashes and what not. She seems like she will be a very combo centric character but at the same time be very versatile at medium - close range. I dont expect her to have much ranged options. Although one of her stances is called ranged I consider it to be more medium ranged attacks and area of effect moves. Her Supers can again draw from her superstyles some of them have a knockback effect which Superbot can give a shockwave that kills other enemies like Jak's level 2.

Reference videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8a3_ll4DiM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtafBzBBQjE

Dante

What can be seen from the New Dante in his gameplay videos is that he has similar moves to Kratos and Parappa in that he can pull enemies to him and pull himself to enemies. The difference between his and Kratos's pull move is that it won't have a knockback and it can be used to start combos which is exactly the type of character I think he'd end up being. He also has the stinger which can be used as a knockback move. His ranged options would obviously be ebony and ivory but his main purpose would be as a rushdown character. His scythe can be used for spacing and doing area of effect damage. He has angel boost which is an air dash so that can be used for his movement and help him get around faster kinda like Jak and Daxter's hoverboard. I see him being similar to Kratos in that they both could have knockups and combos in the air. I can definitely see him using his devil trigger in a super he can use it to throw everyone up in the air where he can then custom combo all of them.

Reference video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbLUH5p_I6k

Will do more characters later and add more to existing if I think of anything cool. What do you guys think how can these leaked characters be implemented to fit the game.

(Posting in this thread as well as the rumor one because I may not be able to actually get a discussion going over there with all the character complaints :/)

Zabuza

Banned
From other thread:
For Raiden's level 3 super:

Codec call noise and Snake drops in. He says: "Kept you waiting, huh?" and Raiden and Snake go back to back and can blast away enemies.

This would be so good and would completely negate the need to have Snake as a character.

TheMink

From other thread:
For Raiden's level 3 super:

Codec call noise and Snake drops in. He says: "Kept you waiting, huh?" and Raiden and Snake go back to back and can blast away enemies.

This would be so good and would completely negate the need to have Snake as a character.

That would be the most BA ish ever

EDIT: Im glad we can just keep it happy over here, i hate haters (yes i see the irony of that)
Im so the opposite of a hater, if something is in the game that i didnt expect i always try and look at the good parts. Never the bad

J-Tier

Could we also make up movesets for non-leak characters? I really want to see some Robbit, Spyro, etc movesets, it'd be fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom