• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedBoot

On Crash and Spyro, it's interesting to note that both show up in the default avatars section in the PS3 (along with a few other 3rd party icons, such as Assassin's Creed). So Activision was willing to play ball a few years back, at least, but not anymore.

Take a vote, which Musashi?

Brave.Fencer.Musashi.512064.jpg

Or

I'm kinda for the second one, mostly cause I never played BFM.

I can't imagine this game not having Crash at least (though I prefer Spyro) the fan support for Crash has been insane. INSANE. If he wasn't in the game and they had no plan to put him in they might have been better off coming out and saying "No Crash atm"

Also am I the only one completely unfamiliar with Musashi and BFM? Like...what are we talking about? haha

Anybody care to comment on the usefulness of Fat Peach's O attacks. I don't see her villagers used too much

They dont have any recovery time so you can use your villagers and your own attacks at the same time. Reason why they arent used so much is cause they are pretty slow and not too useful when allready at melee range.

SmithnCo

Anybody care to comment on the usefulness of Fat Peach's O attacks. I don't see her villagers used too much

Her bombs are sometimes useful for traps, but they come out rather slow and of course you must wait for them to explode. Mildly useful.

The side O is good if you've got a guy waiting to attack you and you are off a cliff, or if you want to start a combo. It comes out diagonally in the air which is useful. I don't use her up O much, it's pretty slow and doesn't have much use outside of getting the attention of people above you.

KevinCow

Banned
Well, maybe if this game's a hit, the third-party characters who didn't make it this time will have a better chance next time around. With this game, there was always a chance it could've turned out crap and made third-party characters look bad by association, so they may be more open to getting their characters in a game that's already proven successful. And Sony might be more open to cutting better deals and throwing more money at third-parties for certain characters.

Endo Punk

The characters leaks killled every interest I had in this game. Im sorry I REALLY despise the new Dante. I already made my peace with DMC and moved on from the franchise but now Superbot and Capcom want to destroy every IP I love. No way, Im out man Im out it doesn't make sense to put Donte in this game and I am not going to support the IP or acknowledge it from now on.

Sorry guys Im out.

Kyon

Banned
The characters leaks killled every interest I had in this game. Im sorry I REALLY despise the new Dante. I already made my peace with DMC and moved on from the franchise but now Superbot and Capcom want to destroy every IP I love. No way, Im out man Im out it doesn't make sense to put Donte in this game and I am not going to support the IP or acknowledge it from now on.

Sorry guys Im out.

Bye #Neaux1curr tbh

:p

Things to be glad about

1. The Fun Gameplay. As many of us have experienced is awesome and addicting. Even if we just got the characters currently confirmed I would still love this game just for how much darn fun it is. The super system is no longer a worry in any players eyes as well which is huge because it was a big complaint from critics. Win or lose, these 4 player free for all timed matches have been extremely intense and I have enjoyed every minute of it.

2. The All-Stars. Character complaints aside, this cast is really special for a crossover game. In Smash Bros, almost every character follows a similar art style. It isn't weird to see Mario and Kirby in a game together with Link. Nintendo itself is almost an art style. I don't feel like I'm seeing leads from different games as much as I am seeing just Nintendo characters. (If that seems like I'm hating on Smash, I'm not, I freaking love Smash a ton haha). But in All Stars we get Parappa, Kratos, Drake, Sweet Tooth! All lead characters in their respective games. I feel like every character has a weight to them, like they are truly carrying a series it makes for intense matches and a very cool crossover experience.

3. Superbot Entertainment.They are listening to fans more than any other developer I have ever seen. There's actually open communication with people on the developing teams. They have been reading our forums. They want to know our thoughts and they want to make us happy.

4.Balanced Gameplay. The Superbot team is at least trying to make a game that could work in the tournament scene. If the beta is any indication, this game will feature a colorful cast of balanced characters. And people will be literally fighting to prove their main is the best All Star.

5. Unique Fighting. It's one thing for a game to be balanced. But the characters all fight uniquely as well. How can a ranged character like Radec be balanced against a short range foe like Parappa? Each character has strategies and a distinct playstyle. Playing as one character over and over won't make you too much better at the others which is pretty cool. Each fighter also represents their series well. This is evident in characters that don't fight normally like Fat Princess. Her square attacks use her Scepter (princessness) triangle uses her fat and O uses the main characters from her actual game!

6. Content. Superbot has promised a lot of content in this game including unique stories for every character to fight through. A lot of fighting games like to ignore single player content so it's very nice for us to get more than just Arcade and Online

7. Online. Online features have been mentioned and all around the netcode in the beta looks awesome.

I'm sure there are more reasons but you get the gist

Jawmuncher

I have to say im even more hyped for the game now than I previously was.
It's reached Brawl hype status for me just because of all the characters alone.
Which was pretty easy to do since the only reason I was even hyped for brawl was Snake's Inclusion.

I'll definetly be grabbing the "Combo pack" of this and playing a ton of online either by myself or with friends. This game has just skyrocketed to my top most anticipated for the year.

Mush

I was out when all of this went down. Has Paul commented on this yet?

Personally, I think the stages look legit but the characters are iffy. Has anyone attempted to mine the demo for hidden files yet?

LuuKyK

Sorry guys Im out.

iYRx5WioFrKYG.gif

Drago

I was out when all of this went down. Has Paul commented on this yet?

Personally, I think the stages look legit but the characters are iffy. Has anyone attempted to mine the demo for hidden files yet?
Ryce apparently found them in the official leak thread. All 20 characters that were known and leaked, probably how this leaked in the first place

Sorry guys Im out.

As a fan of gaming, this literally makes me sick.

Just finished playing a few rounds. I no longer have any qualms about the controls. I really enjoy them now at first I was hoping for a run or dash but I think it's alright now. I mean it would probably mess up the flow of the game. Also I notice some attacks have louder impact than others. Kratos' blades sound sharp yet other attacks like parappa's skateboard are muffled. Idk why I'm even bringing this up I know Superbot is already fixing these.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I think they would have shown it allready. Toro has the stance gimmick allready too.

They really should have shown it already either way. Seriously who is going to hear "And the other character we have to show you today is Evil Cole!" and get excited months after real cole is announced.

If you've followed me at all, I have always been very positive about all characters and character suggestions, but I have to draw the line at Dante in Name Only and Evil Cole. Emo Dante is a horrible character in a majority of people's eyes, and no one really needs another version of Evil Cole.

Nariko would be rather disappointing since she plays a lot like Kratos in her game, and she's in the zone where its been long enough that most people have forgotten her, and it hasn't been long enough for anyone to be nostalgic for her. But at least she looks pretty and has a neat big sister vibe to her character so I wouldn't be upset.

Outside my disappointment of no Kat and neither of the activision owned superstars, Crash and Spyro, the rest of the list would be ok to me. But then again you can pretty much stop at ratchet and sackboy and the list would be ok to me. I still have hope that that list is fake so the list can go from ok to great.

Does anyone actually have any evidence that Dino is in the game, other than the reddit leak which has been speculated to have been cropped renders based on the game files?

For all we know, we could have DMC3 Dante in this game like Marvel vs. Capcom 3

RedBoot

Does anyone actually have any evidence that Dino is in the game, other than the reddit leak which has been speculated to have been cropped renders based on the game files?

The demo has some files called "minions," which is some sort of sidekick or assist character (speculating), and there's one for each playable character. Dante's is Kat, who is a character from DmC (and sadly, not the Kat from Gravity Rush). It's Dino. Just hope for a regular Dante costume.

It's new Dante. We have nothing else of any other character besides some file names and the reddit pics.

So I think it's safe to say that if there is a Dante in it it will be New Dante.

That "Dino" name is power lame

What is up with you people hating "Dino" ?
Dante is dante. Stfu. Play the game.

And to you people not buying the game because the right version of Dante or your favorite character didn't make the roster - you're stupid and I'm glad stupid people like you won't be playing online with me.
idiots.

Zen

Banned

Sorry guys Im out.

Your loss brother. The redesigned Dante doesn't seem bad, and neither does DmC really, but chances are that classic Dante would likely appear as an alt costume anyway. The melodrama in your post is hilarious.

Sheesh, not playing because they included a character. Wow.

What is up with you people hating "Dino" ?
Dante is dante. Stfu. Play the game.

And to you people not buying the game because the right version of Dante or your favorite character didn't make the roster - you're stupid and I'm glad stupid people like you won't be playing online with me.
idiots.
People don't like change. Same thing happened with Cole from Infamous 2 remember. Sad thing is, Sucker Punch caved. I'm glad Ninja Theory is sticking with New Dante, I actually hope he becomes the standard Dante in the years to come.

As a Devil May Cry fan, this literally makes me sick. Old Dante is a staple of the DMC franchise, and it's not right for another company to basically abandon his persona in favour of some shitty new imposter for their all-star brawler. Hopefully fans will sue or something, because this is so wrong.

If Musashi makes it in, I'd be so happy. It has to be OG Musashi though. I really hope this leaks isn't real though, I don't want to see Raiden over Old Snake or Donte over someone else that could be a much better third party character.

People don't like change. Same thing happened with Cole from Infamous 2 remember. Sad thing is, Sucker Punch caved. I'm glad Ninja Theory is sticking with New Dante, I actually hope he becomes the standard Dante in the years to come.

Yeah obviously. Shame.

As a Devil May Cry fan, this literally makes me sick. Old Dante is a staple of the DMC franchise, and it's not right for another company to basically abandon his persona in favour of some shitty new imposter for their all-star brawler. Hopefully fans will sue or something, because this is so wrong.

What? Think about what you just typed. I want you to re-read that shit and think. For a good minute. .........Done thinking yet? Okay. Explain this statement to me now. capcom decided to give the DMC ip some new eyes and hands and APPROVED the new dante, so what's your problem? Oh and sue? Don't make me laugh. fans are too stupid and unorganized for something like that. That was an absolute waste of a post you gave. really. you should feel bad.

Loudninja

Yeah obviously. Shame.

What? Think about what you just typed. I want you to re-read that shit and think. For a good minute. .........Done thinking yet? Okay. Explain this statement to me now. capcom decided to give the DMC ip some new eyes and hands and APPROVED the new dante, so what's your problem? Oh and sue? Don't make me laugh. fans are too stupid and unorganized for something like that. That was an absolute waste of a post you gave. really. you should feel bad.
Its a joke lol.

16980101.jpg

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom