• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loudninja

It's supposed to be about celebrating the history of Playstation. If that's really their goal, then there's no way that they can ignore the enormous role the third party titles have had on the brand.
Sorry cant agree with that.

We will most likely see 5 or 6 characters.

Loudninja

That may be all they have, but it isn't all that they should have. The brand wouldn't even be around today without the third party support that Sony secured over the years.
I think that enough I dont want the game to be full of third party characters at all.

What would be the point than?I dont want those characters to replace any possible 1st party characters.

1.Kratos
2.Fat Princess
3.Sly
4.Radec
5.Parappa
6.Sweet Tooth
7.Drake
8.Cole
9.Snake
10.Jak&Daxter
11.Ratchet&Clank
12.Crash Bandicoot
13.Spyro
14.Cloud Strife
15.Sir Daniel
16.Sackboy
17.Lara Croft
18.Wander
19.Lara Croft
20.Sephiroth
21.Dante
22.Guy from GTA III
23.Nariko
24.Kat

I'll do you one better and replace Tekken guy with Wander from Shadow of the Collossus.

Who were you thinking?
I can only think of Crash, Spyro, Snake and Cloud as eligible 3rd party's

Well, Lara should definitely be there also. Characters from Resident Evil, Tekken, Castlevania (Alucard?), Soul Reaver etc. would also have a rightful spot. Even Reiko Nagase from Ridge Racer would make sense considering that the RR brand was really popular on the PSone. There's a lot of ground that they can/should cover with both first and third party characters. I don't think that there should be a 50/50 split with first and third party characters, but I also don't think that it should be lopsided with third party characters only taking up 4-5 slots.

SmithnCo

ooh yeah that's loads different and different level geometry
It's also now on a day/night cycle, so towards the end of the video it gets super bright and colourful

Yes! That is my dream character choice

The geometry being different might be because one video has the Golf stuff happening.

MISBb.jpg

^ Huge image, clickie. Miscapitalized Wipeout, whatever.

I couldn't help but elaborate on my Gran Turismo × MotorStorm stage idea, so I quickly
8 hours :x
made this mock-up. It was an excuse to boot up MotorStorm again and use photo mode to capture vehicles at the exact same angle because GIS wasn't really helpful. I wanted to include as many objects/cars of the different racing games as I could in a single image, but I didn't want to spend too much time on finding images when I could easily explain it with words.

Anyway, the stage is very similar to Big Blue and Mute City in Smash Bros. When the fight begins, everyone's standing on different MotorStorm trucks that are driving on a Gran Turismo track (least amount of polygons required because of flat roads compared to other racers, and GT doesn't have anything wacky or interesting of itself.) You see gorgeous sports cars driving past the trucks and all of a sudden, the Twisted Metal, WipeOut and Modnation gangs enter the scene and craziness ensues.

In this stage, the Twisted Metal gang wants to pretty much kill everyone and the players are caught in the crossfire between them and the other gangs. Below is an explanation of each gang's unique way to ruin the life of the fighting characters.

Twisted Metal: their vehicles have weapons that destroy pretty much everything and everyone. The Talon also occasionally drops by to lift a vehicle and death-dropping it. Players have to jump off it fast, because the explosion will hurt. Whenever a truck is destroyed, another one will take its place shortly after.

If you want it to be even crazier, the Juggernaut will occasionally appear in the background for a brief moment and the machine gunner on top will shoot the players.

MotorStorm: they are pretty reckless and don't care about silly things like breaking their bones or dying, just like in the games. They don't have guns or lasers, they fight the TM gang off by suicide boosting and crashing into them and yeah, the explosions hurt the players too. They must make the wanking gesture at the Twisted Metal characters. Must.

If you want it to be even crazier, some of the bike riders can be drunk and pick fights with the players. Tooth can be seen shoulderbashing one off the Feisar that's about to be death dropped and he gets some AP for it.

Modnation and WipeOut: they shoot rockets, stuff like that. Whatever.

Anyway, you can fit like 5 franchises into a single stage this way to make the fans happy, I'd say something like this is worth a try. Even if a cameo is only like one vehicle, it would be a nice acknowledgement. :)

TL;DR: Hire me, you won't regret it. Way too excited for the game, bad for my sanity.

paskowitz

This is why Gran Turismo will not have its own stage... SB would have to pay licensing for any car or track they use. The only way it works is if GT created tracks and cars are used.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
As a big fan of Sony's first and second party characters, I don't want the roster to be dominated by third party characters.

It may be hard for some people to believe, but many PlayStation fans actually, um, LOVE, PlayStation characters! I KNOW, RIGHT?!

I WANT to see

Kratos*
PaRappa*
Sly Cooper*
Radec*
Fat Princess*
Sweet Tooth*
Jak and Daxter*
Ratchet and Clank*
Nathan Drake*
Cole MacGrath (and maybe even Kessler, Sasha, Nix, and Kuo)*
Nariko*
Ellen and Keats*
Jen and Scree*
Rau and Tati*
Lazarus Jones
Alundra*
Ico and Yorda
Wander and Agro
Max and Monica
Jaster and Kisalla*
Leonard and Yulie
Sackboy (and girl of course!)*
Arc the Lad
Jack McReady and Scarlett Blake
Kat*
Jeanne d'Arc&
Dart and Rose*
Vahn and Noa
Sir Daniel Fortesque*
Ari and Evil King Stan

A lot of these characters may be unfamiliar to you, but as a PlayStation fan, to me, I'd want to see all of these guys over Snake, Cloud, Lara Croft, Chris, Jill, or any other third party character (barring Spyro and Crash. They pretty much ARE PlayStation, and just have to be in the game). Don't get me wrong, I love Snake, Cloud, Lara, Chris and Jill, but there are plenty of PlayStation owned characters that I'm rather fond of, and would love to see represented in this series first.

(The "*" is next to the characters that I REALLY want to see represented in the game. The other's don't have to be playable, but I'd love to see them and their game series represented in some way in the game).

I WANT to see

Kratos*
PaRappa*
Sly Cooper*
Radec*
Fat Princess*
Sweet Tooth*
Jak and Daxter*
Ratchet and Clank*
Nathan Drake*
Cole MacGrath (and maybe even Kessler, Sasha, Nix, and Kuo)*
Nariko*
Ellen and Keats*
Jen and Scree*
Rau and Tati*
Lazarus Jones
Alundra*
Ico and Yorda
Wander and Agro
Max and Monica
Jaster and Kisalla*
Leonard and Yulie
Sackboy (and girl of course!)*
Arc the Lad
Jack McReady and Scarlett Blake
Kat*
Jeanne d'Arc&

Dart and Rose*
Vahn and Noa
Sir Daniel Fortesque*
Ari and Evil King Stan

(The "*" is next to the characters that I REALLY want to see represented in the game. The other's don't have to be playable, but I'd love to see them and their game series represented in some way in the game).

Those three are pretty much at the top of my list.

ari

Banned
This is the biggest attempt of desperation i have ever seen in existence of any gaming company or manufacturer. Fans of this should feel embarrassed to celebrate such a waste. I literally double take the thread assuming it was fan made. lol

Damn Sony :/

Endo Punk

Is it too late for the game to have 3D levels :p I seriously want some 3D in there too. PlayStation was the system to push 3D in console gaming and if this game is a love letter to PlayStation it really needs to play with out expectations and blow us away with some modes and such.

Loudninja

Is it too late for the game to have 3D levels :p I seriously want some 3D in there too. PlayStation was the system to push 3D in console gaming and if this game is a love letter to PlayStation it really needs to play with out expectations and blow us away with some modes and such.
I think its way too late,the game has been development for a good while now.

cyborg009

Banned
This is the biggest attempt of desperation i have ever seen in existence of any gaming company or manufacturer. Fans of this should feel embarrassed to celebrate such a waste. I literally double take the thread assuming it was fan made. lol

I thought the anger over this game already passed?

prwxv3

You are a bit too late buddy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh0pT-8rUgQ&hd=1
It's probably the exact same demo as last time and just a different TV/camera making it look different

Wow that looks really great. All of the colors look richer.

Lol

KillGore

hahaha loved it

Drencrom

Can't get enough of posts like this :lol

Endo Punk

All this talk of characters is just typical for a game like this. We have seen many crossover fighting games and I don't just want this game to be standard affair. If SuperBot is reading this, I hope you guys have more than just neat character announcements for this game.

If someone is using a level 3 super and you only have a level 3 super to use
Does that mean you cant kill anyone until there stupid thing is over?

Can level 1 and 2's even be used during someone else level 3? You just have to stand there like a tit and wait?

This. I didn't even think about this. The problem with this system versus the smash ball system is that say everyone gets a level three super and everyone uses it at the same time - what happens?

Most of the supers have the characters become seemingly invulnerable, like Sly flying off screen to use the goggle thingy to kill people with or Sweet Tooth in the mech, or Kratos in god mode. The more I think about the super system, the more I feel it's just Superbot just trying to differentiate themselves from SSB while it's becoming harder and harder to feel happy with that system.

KillGore

Sora/ any Kingdom Heart rep would be awesome...no idea how the rights work out for the character though

Yup, almost anyone from KH would fit perfectly in the game...but from what I've heard, disney is stupid regarding these things. They don't want their characters in other games. I'm assuming they are scared of their characters being portrayed negatively. They are like the overprotective mom that doesn't want you hanging out with other people.

Drencrom

This. I didn't even think about this. The problem with this system versus the smash ball system is that say everyone gets a level three super and everyone uses it at the same time - what happens?

Most of the supers have the characters become seemingly invulnerable, like Sly flying off screen to use the goggle thingy to kill people with or Sweet Tooth in the mech, or Kratos in god mode. The more I think about the super system, the more I feel it's just Superbot just trying to differentiate themselves from SSB while it's becoming harder and harder to feel happy with that system.

I think it's too early to reject their super only system completely when we don't have all the details. We'll get a more thoroughly view of the game at E3.

sn00zer

Yup, almost anyone from KH would fit perfectly in the game...but from what I've heard, disney is stupid regarding these things. They don't want their characters in other games. I'm assuming they are scared of their characters being portrayed negatively. They are like the overprotective mom that doesn't want you hanging out with other people.
Are you talking Disney in general or KH specifically....LBP had a lot of Disney DLC

Sponge

Banned

Why do these posts never stop being funny?

My Hopefuls:
KJ96h.png

Checks are confirmed, asterisk are rumored.
Made this a couple of weeks ago, decided to share it with Gaf. Oh and btw the Red means they are probably not gonna happen.

SykoTech

Oh man, I know chances are slim to none but, I would go absolutely gaga if they include

I'd be over the moon if Selvaria got in. Don't have any hope for that though. If a Sega character was to get in at all, it'd be a Yakuza rep instead of a Valkyria Chronicles one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom