• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
I don't think so. Destiny seems like the kind of game that Bungie and Activision want to get all the limelight at their own events. It seems like they just moved up their reveal a few days to keep it from getting overshadowed by the PS4.

Then again, they didn't really show any gameplay whatsoever.

I think Bungie intentionally held back for the PS4 unveiling, where they will be getting a lot of attention as well. Showcasing Destiny in its best quality will probably have the most impact.

I absolutely expect Bungie to show up at the PS4 reveal.

Shahed

My dream scenario is the meeting starting with footage of Ground Zeroes then Snaking saying...

snake.gif

Followed by fireworks on stage and curtains raise showing the PS4, called the PS4 not some BS codename.

As much as I'm excited for a new MGS, this clip really bugs me. The facial animation seems overdone and unnatural

Then again, they didn't really show any gameplay whatsoever.

I think Bungie intentionally held back for the PS4 unveiling, where they will be getting a lot of attention as well. Showcasing Destiny in its best quality will probably have the most impact.

I absolutely expect Bungie to show up at the PS4 reveal.

Sony could say, from the creators of halo coming to playstation. Not mentioning the fact that it's multiplatform. I think that would be huge.

technically shouldnt giaki ps3 stream be compatible with vita also? kind of like remote play already. Would love to have that service of ps3 games on my vita

Technically yes.

My wory is licensing hurdles for Gaikai with third party publishers.

I can see that being an issue potentially.

Irish

Heavenly Sword 2
Lair 2

Sign me the fuck up. Conceptually, they were very interesting. Unfortunately, they both ended up being relatively sub-par. However, given the proper development, I think both IPs could do very well.

For example, you should have been able to take part in those huge battles in Lair while on foot.

Zeal

Banned
As much as I'm excited for a new MGS, this clip really bugs me. The facial animation seems overdone and unnatural

Shit looks terrible and the model looks like plastic with somekind of gel layer over it. Anyway, mouth movement does not match what he's saying at all. The keyframe is all sorts of messed up.

That being said, if we see something close to Agni's Philosophy, I will be more than blown away. Never seen something look so good in realtime.

Shit looks terrible and the model looks like plastic with somekind of gel layer over it. Anyway, mouth movement does not match what he's saying at all. The keyframe is all sorts of messed up.

That being said, if we see something close to Agni's Philosophy, I will be more than blown away. Never seen something look so good in realtime.
You do realise that it's not in English right? Hence the sub titles

technically shouldnt giaki ps3 stream be compatible with vita also? kind of like remote play already. Would love to have that service of ps3 games on my vita

The Vita's analog sticks would feel quite awkward on games built around the dual shock sticks.

Also, the Vita is lacking analog triggers. It's also missing 2 shoulder buttons.

If they choose to allow you to stream PS3 games to Vita, it's gonna be a very messy experience.

Sorral

Man, I can't keep up with this thread at all. Every time I enter it, I get super hyped and start IM'ing the GIF's from here to my friend and basically kazify everything that he sees. >_>

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
What about tech demos like the luna, ue3 and molina demo they showed in 05? You think they would leave that to e3?

I don't think we're going to be getting as many tech demos. Maybe a few. It'll mostly be UI stuff and new PSN features. E3 2005 was the result of no one knowing what the specs would be or the final capabilities of the machine and making target renders and tech demos without really knowing what they were getting into. This unveiling will have the opportunity to show games coming out in 8 or 9 months. For most games this gen, we've usually had a decent amount of gameplay footage by this point in their development.

The Vita's analog sticks would feel quite awkward on games built around the dual shock sticks.

Also, the Vita is lacking analog triggers. It's also missing 2 shoulder buttons.

If they choose to allow you to stream PS3 games to Vita, it's gonna be a very messy experience.

they let a ps1 emu on psp despite psp not having 2nd analog or second set of shoulder buttons. they come up with such an archaic solution letting you mapping L2 and R2 to analog nub direction etc.

I don't think they care really, some ps1 game may not be playable or less than ideal due to control limitation, but for some games that don't use analog or shoulder button heavily, that ps1 emu on psp is a godsend. if they can do ps3 stream on vita, they totally should, control be damned.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
No he says it in Japanese. I dont think there is an English version of this vid.

It was voiced in Japanese but the lip synch was for English, for some reason. It was obviously an early sync though. The words were formed for English but the facial expressions look more akin to someone speaking Japanese. It's weird.

moolhy

Banned
No he says it in Japanese. I dont think there is an English version of this vid.

I think he's on point though.

One thing that has always bothered me with MGS is that the lip sync is animated for the Japanese VO, and the first thing I noticed in the GZ trailer is that the lip syncing matched the English subtitles.

nib95

Banned
What's the best photo upload site these days? Don't mind paying for quality and storage. Since Photobucket changed to the new site it is auto resizing all my photo's, and making them shitty quality to boot. Unacceptable considering I'm paying $15 a year or whatever it is.

Only reason I ever paid is because every other image upload sites killed my images once bandwidth limits were reached. Any advice?

Iacobellis

What's the best photo upload site these days? Don't mind paying for quality and storage. Since Photobucket changed to the new site it is auto resizing all my photo's, and making them shitty quality to boot. Unacceptable considering I'm paying $15 a year or whatever it is.

Only reason I ever paid is because every other image upload sites killed my images once bandwidth limits were reached. Any advice?

Min.us or Dropbox.

Radec

Im paying on flickr for years now. Unlimited and uncompromised.

8byte

Banned
I hope the GAF recap is GOOD for this, since I'm working during the conference. Hopefully Sony gets content up quickly. Would love for the entire thing to be on the PS Store quickly, or some other service.

PS4 Launch Titles:

Heavenly Sword 2
Lair 2
Haze 2

Imagine the meltdown.

How funny/awesome if Sony gave the Heavenly Sword name for Ready At Dawn to play with?

I never played their GOW games but I always hear good things, and they could probably make an awesome sequel to HS

PS4 Launch Titles:

Heavenly Sword 2
Lair 2
Haze 2

Imagine the meltdown.

I'd play both of these. In spite of the hate Heavenly Sword or a fun, beautiful and interesting game.

And flaws aside I had fun with Lair. I'd play another game set in that world. But I'm a sucker for dragons

UrbanRats

It was voiced in Japanese but the lip synch was for English, for some reason. It was obviously an early sync though. The words were formed for English but the facial expressions look more akin to someone speaking Japanese. It's weird.

Yeah, i'm speaking about the lips' animation, not the voice over.
It's not that weird, i think a lot of these big Japanese games get lip synched for English, if not directly acted in it and then (eventually) dubbed in Japanese.
I mean Silent Hill, Resident Evil, DMC.. those were all directly acted in english.

aganu

wow, flawless. This should be in the PS Meeting OT. Also, +1 vote for Go Fourth subtitle.

I expect Sony to unveil three games at max; Guerrilla Games new IP or KZ4, Evolution new racer, and probably a new IP from Media Molecule or The Last Guardian (I wish!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom