• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
Boy the expectations people are now setting up for this showing... I hope to God Sony has an answer for them, because this shit is getting bonkers. Other thread has people full on expecting a glorious 10 minute Versus XIII next-gen demo now lol

Boy the expectations people are now setting up for this showing... I hope to God Sony has an answer for them, because this shit is getting bonkers. Other thread has people full on expecting a glorious 10 minute Versus XIII next-gen demo now lol
lol it's so obvious that won't happen though so anyone that thinks it will deserves to be disappointed.

Honestly I'm hyped as fuck just to see the console/controller and learn about features and stuff. Any game at all is bonus for me.

lol holy fuck that is never going to happen.

sn00zer

Im actually started to believe that Versus and The Last Guardian is going to be there.... I think Ive just stepped on the hype train

Amir0x

Banned
lol it's so obvious that won't happen though so anyone that thinks it will deserves to be disappointed.

Honestly I'm hyped as fuck just to see the console/controller and learn about features and stuff. Any game at all is bonus for me.

lol holy fuck that is never going to happen.

I mean I'll be happy if

1. Price is $399 (i doubt they'll announce this here, that seems like a late Summer type of announcement)
2. The system is revealed with at least three exciting exclusives (Even if it's just, say, Last Guardian for PS4 or some shit)
3. Some of the minutia of the system are overviewed (particularly want to see the specifics of the SHARE button)
4. The system will be out by December 1, 2013 in US and Japan.
5. The system will not have some outrageous forced gimmick.

I think my expectations are fairly grounded in this case.

I mean I'll be happy if

1. Price is $399 (i doubt they'll announce this here, that seems like a late Summer type of announcement)
2. The system is revealed with at least three exciting exclusives (Even if it's just, say, Last Guardian for PS4 or some shit)
3. Some of the minutia of the system are overviewed (particularly want to see the specifics of the SHARE button)

Yeah... I agree.

A versus announcement would be akin to the second coming but if those requirements were met, my hype would not have been in vain

I mean I'll be happy if

Yeah, they are. I really hope they don't force PS Move shit into the PS4.

Hmm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#Version_2.0

4k 60fps coming the first half of this year, supposedly.

They're showing off the console in a bit over 24 hours. HDMI 2.0 isn't even finished until at the latest June (assuming it doesn't slip), which is probably around the time Sony has to start making PS4's. There is 0% chance that the PS4 will support HDMI 2.0.

As I said, the 4k support is mostly for movies, which only requires 30 fps anyways.

This thing is getting big. I mean damn near every forum I go to has threads for this event. Even people that would be considered Xbots are sitting on the sidelines looking in. I heard even Shigeru Miyamoto is there(or was that smoke in my ear?)

Either way Wednesday's event is seemingly the acme for Sony this year next to E3. I seriously can't fucking wait I mean it's really here. A new freaking system finally. I kind of felt like this back last year for the WiiU but we all know how THAT went.

If anything, we need some more gifs up until the final hour. I think I'm boarding this train right now and it's either going to Sony Hype Central Station or it's going to be a taking of pelham 1, 2 3.

I mean I'll be happy if

that's perfectly fair. Especially hoping for number 3, I wan't to get a walkthrough of new features/OS. Praying the last one is true too, cautiously optimistic that any move type thing won't be a major focus.

LowParry

I think the only shocker is if they mention TLG but the rest I'm just there to hang out with GAF, have a good time and watch what unfolds. The Konami Press Conference was just one of those days where GAF had a damn fun time. Looking forward to it!

Sponge

Banned
Guys.

What if Sony announces the PS5, and Vita was the PS4 the whole time?

wide-eyed+shock+gif.gif

I really want to play the PS bingo but i have no photoshop skills. Should we just make a bullet point? Wasn't this in the prediction thread?

Also, getting nervous at the lack of GT hints on this one. People from all other devs are leaking stuff and telling us they are there but NOTHING from Yamauchi. Shouldn't he be on that flight also? Playstation reveal without Gran Turismo is not a proper Playstation reveal.

My expectations are still in check;
- a new Playstation consoles announced
- reveal the name
- show the controller
- specs?
- and hopefully OS shown
- possibly a tech demo

I'm not expecting any games to be shown... so I can be surprised if they are!

Oh damn!

I hope someone makes a thread soon that will list all the links/times of all the streams going on.

When does the GT livestream start?

I really want to play the PS bingo but i have no photoshop skills. Should we just make a bullet point? Wasn't this in the prediction thread?

Also, getting nervous at the lack of GT hints on this one. People from all other devs are leaking stuff and telling us they are there but NOTHING from Yamauchi. Shouldn't he be on that flight also? Playstation reveal without Gran Turismo is not a proper Playstation reveal.
I used the template someone made. Just run it through paint. Doesn't have to be fancy.

Mobius 1

Send me a PM with your bingo idea and I will make it tomorrow morning.

Painraze

Unconfirmed Member
There are ways they can surprise us....

"Subscribe to PS+ after the show and beta test Gaikai for PS3, Vita and PC TODAY."

boom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom