• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2016

dracula_x

Anyone else find that Recent Activities on PS4 isn't working as it used to? Now it only seems to show when someone plays a game for the first time, adds a friend or earns a trophy. Before you could see what people have been playing lately etc.

I think they removed that type of activity from feed. It disappeared after last firmware update.

Fbh

So... can we expect some sort of E3 sale?
I have a few days off work next week and wanting to buy a new game.

I was sort of interested in mabye Fallout or Far Cry but they seem like perfect games for an E3 themed sale

Ventara

Christmas has arrived in the Summer for Canadians.
Amazon 20% and $30 deals on games, go, go, go.
May the heat rays shine upon us all.

Off of $80 games. Pretty dark Christmas. I mean, for games I will buy regardless day 1, I'll take it, but it's not enticing me to get anything other than the must-haves.

Off of $80 games. Pretty dark Christmas. I mean, for games I will buy regardless day 1, I'll take it, but it's not enticing me to get anything other than the must-haves.

I'd rather get those few dollars off, specially if it's on games I know I will be buying day one. This is pretty much the only time of the year I order anything physical day 1.

Matty8787

Got £60 in my PSN wallet and yet have no idea what to buy...

Any recommendations? Prefer a game with a lot of staying power and re playability when they are digital.

Xenoflare

K, is it me or is PSN store on the Vita a complete crapshoot

I am getting network errors left and right, I can't even get a proper search listing

And my screen protector is scratched, should I keep it on or should I just tear it?

Powwa

Just had the chance to try out Grand Kingdom. It is more fun than I expected, really enjoying the combat system. Though I assume on the further stages it will get a lot harder due to positioning. You can easily massacre your own party, lol.

Prelude.

Just had the chance to try out Grand Kingdom. It is more fun than I expected, really enjoying the combat system. Though I assume on the further stages it will get a lot harder due to positioning. You can easily massacre your own party, lol.
I'm still not sure if I like the friendly fire. I guess it has its own strategic reasons but sometimes it can really fuck you up. For example, if you're behind an ally and throw a toxic potion (can't remember the name) towards an enemy you can easily hit him even though the trajectory does not touch him at all. Or even better, I had an ally with just a few hp left so I threw a health potion at him and killed him because the impact with the bottle does damage, lol.

I'm LOVING Grand Kingdom. Makes me really feel like I am playing with a useless, novice party since I keep hurting my own units, it's hilarious. Just like in an actual party though, with time I can see myself pulling some crazy stunts off without harming my units.

My gripe: loading screens. They take a second or two too long for my liking, from over world to battle and then back.

Powwa

I'm still not sure if I like the friendly fire. I guess it has its own strategic reasons but sometimes it can really fuck you up. For example, if you're behind an ally and throw a toxic potion (can't remember the name) towards an enemy you can easily hit him even though the trajectory does not touch him at all. Or even better, I had an ally with just a few hp left so I threw a health potion at him and killed him because the impact with the bottle does damage, lol.

Yeah it definitely can cause a lot of problems. I remember from the import thread (or the one for the game itself can't remember) that it gets quite difficult after a while. So friendly fire will make it much worse, not only that like you said some skills and items can cause different effects.

I won't get it day 1 since I've already quite a lot of games to finish but the demo ensured me I'm buying it when it's discounted.

Takao

Banned
Did yesterday's Terraria update break touch screen controls for anyone else? Menu and chest navigation is all messed up. I tap on something and the object directly below it is selected. Even if I compensate for that, the movement is almost mirrored.

RK128

Been playing Soul Sacrifice Delta after wrapping up Steamworld Heist and man, what a game.

Story is really damn amazing and the production values are very high. I loved the original Soul Sacrifice but never got around to beating it. Playing Delta was such a good move and I plan to have a review of the game up by the end of the month.

Such a good game and feel dumb for not playing it sooner. Will play Oreshika after I beat Delta this month. Love having a large backlog XD!

Did yesterday's Terraria update break touch screen controls for anyone else? Menu and chest navigation is all messed up. I tap on something and the object directly below it is selected. Even if I compensate for that, the movement is almost mirrored.

the update's finally live? I'll download and check.
Maybe they fixed it, but I'm not experiencing this.

Dinjooh

Anyone playing or have played Guns Up?

I'm trying to get the attack 3 friends trophy, but I haven't got any friends that are playing this game.

Halp.

Tizoc

If I download a PSP game I own from PSN to my PC, can I run it on an emulator ala PPSSPP for example?

I still am. Looking at it a bit more, it's only happening when I'm using a chest. I've done a hard reboot and still the same.

Okay yeah, i didn't try a chest. It grabs the thing 2 blocks under where I press for me.

Holy shit, not only that but it looops around. if you try to grab something at the bottom, it goes to column to the right and down

Ventara

Was going through my physical game collection since I decided to keep track of everything I had, and I was surprised to find out that I had more Vita games than any other system. I honestly thought it would be the PSP, or even the DS. Maybe it's due to the size of the game cases, but it doesn't feel like a big collection. And I'm missing a lot of key titles, not to mention LRG is gonna increase it a lot more. My Vita collection is gonna be huge by the time all is said and done. Might have to downsize since there's no way I can play all of them.

Takao

Banned
Okay yeah, i didn't try a chest. It grabs the thing 2 blocks under where I press for me.

Holy shit, not only that but it looops around. if you try to grab something at the bottom, it goes to column to the right and down

I tweeted at the devs and pub. I know I could join the forum and properly report the bug, but making an account for a single post seems a bit much.

I tweeted at the devs and pub. I know I could join the forum and properly report the bug, but making an account for a single post seems a bit much.

Yup, I wouldn't have even tweeted them lol. I assume someone will post it to the forums, it's a pretty obvious bug.

Does anyone know if the DOOM demo is just limited time to grab or limited time use too? Want to get it, but won't likely have time for it this week.

wilstreak

the Irony
sponsored by Xbox, all game appear in Sony conference instead.
CeT0FP0.png

left side is COD Infinite Warfare i assume, no?

Good news everyone outside of Europe! God Eater 2 RB is getting an English physical release in Asia.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/06/14/god-eater-2-rage-burst-getting-physical-release-english-asia/

But then you be kind of screwed if there was DLC? It would be the same as importing the EU version tbh.

I've decided to go digital PS4 so I can get GE:R on the 28th and GE2:RB in August for the 2-for-1 value. Saddens me that the Vita isn't getting the same love, but not gonna lie: after not having touched my Vita for so long this year, I kind of converted to gaming on a bigger screen (aka TV)

Saphirax

But then you be kind of screwed if there was DLC? It would be the same as importing the EU version tbh.

I've decided to go digital PS4 so I can get GE:R on the 28th and GE2:RB in August for the 2-for-1 value. Saddens me that the Vita isn't getting the same love, but not gonna lie: after not having touched my Vita for so long this year, I kind of converted to gaming on a bigger screen (aka TV)

The DLC is just a bunch of outfits. It's GE:R that you wouldn't be able to get. Good news for those who prefer to import from Asia.

Don't really know if this would be the appropriate place to ask as I don't really think it's worth its own thread, but does anybody know if Minerva's Den for Bioshock 2 on PS3 has been permanently removed from the EU Playstation Store? I went to buy it today (finally) and all I could see was the complete pack for Bioshock 2, or Protector Trials, but nothing on Minerva's Den. I don't know if I'm just missing it when I search or what, but I can't find it anywhere.

And I know one could make the case of why not just buy the complete pack, but I already have Bioshock 2 and I really don't want to buy it again and Minerva's Den just to play the latter; I was hoping Minerva's Den alone would be cheaper than the Complete Pack if available but unless I'm searching poorly, it seems to be removed from the EU Store. I've Googled it but haven't found anything stating it was removed, and the last thing I've found was a thread stating Bioshock 2 was removed from online retailers but would be relisted (which it obviously was).

Massa

Don't really know if this would be the appropriate place to ask as I don't really think it's worth its own thread, but does anybody know if Minerva's Den for Bioshock 2 on PS3 has been permanently removed from the EU Playstation Store? I went to buy it today (finally) and all I could see was the complete pack for Bioshock 2, or Protector Trials, but nothing on Minerva's Den. I don't know if I'm just missing it when I search or what, but I can't find it anywhere.

And I know one could make the case of why not just buy the complete pack, but I already have Bioshock 2 and I really don't want to buy it again and Minerva's Den just to play the latter; I was hoping Minerva's Den alone would be cheaper than the Complete Pack if available but unless I'm searching poorly, it seems to be removed from the EU Store. I've Googled it but haven't found anything stating it was removed, and the last thing I've found was a thread stating Bioshock 2 was removed from online retailers but would be relisted (which it obviously was).

Seems to be missing indeed, but the complete pack is on sale right now, so it's cheaper than Minerva's Den would have been.

RK128

Kinda surprised that this thread was quite, as Sony's show was solid over all. Granted they ignored the Vita.....again, but many others announced great stuff weeks before/now.

The Crash announcements, God of War, and Insomniac Spider-Man was amazing to see in action :).

Nintendo did good work too with its Zelda demonstration. Either way, nice to see E3 being solid overall so far.

idk, I was pretty lukewarm with their presentation over all.

God of War actually looks fantastic, but everything else they showed had some gaping holes, I thought. I enjoyed MS' conference despite the leaks quite a bit more.

being on PC/Handhelds in no way influenced this :)

RK128

God of War actually looks fantastic, but everything else they showed had some gaping holes, I thought. I enjoyed MS' conference despite the leaks quite a bit more.

I understand the spoiler buddy :). Glad you enjoyed E3 so far :D.

incpdo

That bad ffxv gameplay tho

Benedict

There is a smaller E3 sale on EU PSN, best of E3 2015.
At least in the Swedish store, Unravel is cheaper than the sale at US PSN for plus subscribers. 71.10kr

That bad ffxv gameplay tho

Thankfully I have long since written off FFXV as "Not for me" and I seem to be the only person who was actually okay with the scalebound footage (which i'm now on W10 to play on release).

I think also I just like the hardware talk, and kinda general 'plans for the future' stuff, and while Sony showed off a handful of big titles, that's all they did. Not even an Indie sizzle reel or anything.

incpdo

Thankfully I have long since written off FFXV as "Not for me" and I seem to be the only person who was actually okay with the scalebound footage (which i'm now on W10 to play on release).

I think also I just like the hardware talk, and kinda general 'plans for the future' stuff, and while Sony showed off a handful of big titles, that's all they did. Not even an Indie sizzle reel or anything.
There will be a psx event I guess right? I think they did well . All games showed gameplay which is something cool especially for new games . I was actually surprised . The live music and presentation of it all was great. Kojima. Crash bandicoot. And some games that I'm not so into were surprisingly interesting from the footage they have showed. I thought god of war was actually horizon but then kratos appeared. That . Resident evil demo immediately after the e3. Idk. I saw Microsoft conference and actually liked how scale bound looked but that emo music ...yack hehe at least for me. I like a lot that inafune game. But again what's up with the music and trailer presentation it doesn't match with the game aesthetics and its like an apple ad. I thought that trailer was weird aesthetics wise.

I would like for Sony to at least name the Vita but well.
As I said before the amount of Vita news was good enough for me even when they were not e3 announcements

oh man Attractio is up on psn store for NA is only 10 bucks ...decisions decisions

I haven't been able to open the PlayStation Store on my PS4 at all today as it just stays on "Please Wait..." indefinitely, with the loading animation playing out. Despite it being clearly connected to the internet. Sounds like the database needs rebuilding?

Saphirax

I haven't been able to open the PlayStation Store on my PS4 at all today as it just stays on "Please Wait..." indefinitely, with the loading animation playing out. Despite it being clearly connected to the internet. Sounds like the database needs rebuilding?

Did you restart your ps4?

Top Bottom