• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2016

ZeroAKA

K7AYese.png

The PlayStation Network Thread is a monthly discussion thread for everything related to PlayStation systems, with a focus on PSN games and updates.

JHNpXIO.png

• Assetto Corsa (PS4)
  • Atelier Sophie (PS4, Vita)
  • Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator (PS4, PS3)
  • Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (PS4, PS3, Vita)
  • Steamworld Heist (Vita)
  • Sherlock Holmes: The Devil’s Daughter (PS4)
  • Grand Kingdom (PS4, Vita)
  • No Man’s Sky (PS4)
  • Umbrella Corps (PS4)
  • God Eater Resurrection (PS4, Vita)
  • Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens (PS4, PS3, Vita)
  • Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness (PS4)
  • Zero Time Dilemma (Vita)
Check the PS Blog “Store Update” posts for full details on weekly releases and sales (NA/EU).
See a more comprehensive list of future releases at PSNStores.

qyRR4lM.png

Free games for PlayStation Plus subscribers this month:
  • Echochrome (PS3)
  • God of War: Chains of Olympus (PSP, Vita)
  • Gone Home (PS4)
  • Little Deviants (Vita)
  • NBA 2K16 (PS4)
  • Siren Blood Curse (PS3)

WQhwkXV.png

• There is now a VitaGAF community on PS4. Please message me, KB, or Kudo on GAF/Twitter/Line/PSN (AbstractChaos) with your GAF username and PSN ID at some point before or after you request an invite.
  • Quote to view and add yourself to the PSNGAF friend list (hidden behind email tags).
  • PM me to get an invite to the VitaGAF Line group.
Please post in this thread or PM me if you have any suggestions to improve this OP!​

RK128

Happy June everyone!

This month holds a lot of promise and personal hope for me. Its kicking off with my birthday tomorrow and looking forward to relaxing :). But a lot of writing opportunities have opened up for me lately and I feel that my writing career is really kicking off. Personally very happy with things in general.

Vita wise, looking forward to finally playing some new games now that money will be coming in soon. Between the releases of Steamworld Heist and Mighty No. 9 alongside going back through my backlog bit by bit means I will have a lot to play on my Vita.

E3 should hold a lot of hope and I honestly want this E3 to sell me on a PS4. I want one, but I want a reason to run to my nearest games store right after the E3 event ends. Maybe Crash or Sonic might do that for me this month ;).

Either way, this looks to be a great month for gaming and hope everyone has a lot to look forward to this month :D!

Gutss

is this also the lineup for ps plus singapore/asia acount? i will be very sad if its not, i love nba2k16 i need it...

Ventara

Oh man, Odin Sphere and Atelier Sophie are out next week? Gonna hold off on Sophie for now since Odin Sphere will take up the next two weeks trying to get the platinum.

Will be picking up Grand Kingdom and Zero Time Dilemma. Feels like only yesterday these were so far away from release. I'll hold off on Star Ocean, but will definitely pick it up down the line as it looks great.

Kind of a disappointing month for PS Plus. Echochrome and Chains of Olympus are good, but I already played them.

Missing from the OP;
- SteamWorld Heist (June 7th)
- God Eater: Resurrection (June 28th)

I can't believe that the last thread was like 9 pages long. -.-"

Ventara

Missing from the OP;
SteamWorld Heist - June 7th
God Eater: Resurrection - June 28th

Oh man, those two are coming next month as well? Too many good games, not enough time.

Yeah, thread has really died down. Can't say I helped, but I plan to get back to my Vita soon, so I'll be posting here more hopefully.

Edit: Oh, didn't read the earlier posts. My bad.

Happy birthday, RK128! Congrats on your writing career. Sounds like things are really looking up for you.

RK128

Missing from the OP;
- SteamWorld Heist (June 7th)
- God Eater: Resurrection (June 28th)

Will be posting a lot more this month hopefully. I guess things really died down or people moved from Gaf to other places.

Edit: Thanks Ventara :D! I'm very excited about my future with writing and I hope everything turns out well :).

God Eater, Grand Kingdom, Star Ocean, and Zero Time Dilemma all in one month. Hot dog.

I just got Rogue Legacy and Downwell so those have been keeping me super busy. It's so easy to sit down for a round or two or play for an extended session. Progress is slow, but noticeable, so I'm satisfied.

I'm loving Downwell in particular now that the systems have finally clicked with me. Before I was using the boots mainly as weapons, but now that I've realized they're just tools to extend your combos the game is flowing much better and it's even more fun than it was before. Good stuff.

Chuy

Too many games not enough time or money. Might only be able to get God Eater this month. It's releasing for $20 on vita and not cross!buy correct?

Also congrats RK. Glad things are swinging your way.

is this also the lineup for ps plus singapore/asia acount? i will be very sad if its not, i love nba2k16 i need it...
I believe Asia has its own seperate plus games from the other regions. Not sure though

Ventara

Too many games not enough time or money. Might only be able to get God Eater this month. It's releasing for $20 on vita and not cross!buy correct?

Also congrats RK. Glad things are swinging your way.

I believe Asia has its own seperate plus games from the other regions. Not sure though

Wait, Gods Eater is only $20? That's a great price. Might have to pick it up even though I'll be playing Zero Time Dilemma.

Gutss

Some month its the same some month its not, thats why im scared sony will downplay us asian acount members for ps plus again..

Chuy

Wait, Gods Eater is only $20? That's a great price. Might have to pick it up even though I'll be playing Zero Time Dilemma.
I believe it's $20. I'm not entirely sure now because I'm looking for information about the price and can't find where I got the $20 figure. Hope someone can correct me on this.

Some month its the same some month its not, thats why im scared sony will downplay us asian acount members for ps plus again..
Really? Thought it was consistently something different then the western territories. Weird

shmoglish

Not sure what to buy today... Oxenfree or there came an echo, both are really interesting. Will buy Steamworld when it comes out. Will be a great game on my way to work.

This is a REALLY good month for the Vita.

I believe it's $20. I'm not entirely sure now because I'm looking for information about the price and can't find where I got the $20 figure. Hope someone can correct me on this.

From what I understand, you preorder GE2 at regular price ($39.99 or w.e) and you get GE1 as well. Now, youll be able to play GE1 in June, while GE2 comes out later.

Basically pre-order GE2, get GE1 added for free and with an earlier release.

Gutss

Really? Thought it was consistently something different then the western territories. Weird

I think japan acounts is what you referring to, cuz other english speaking asians get almost the same games from us. just hoping we got nba2k16 also and im happy ^.^

Ventara

This is a REALLY good month for the Vita.

From what I understand, you preorder GE2 at regular price ($39.99 or w.e) and you get GE1 as well. Now, youll be able to play GE1 in June, while GE2 comes out later.

Basically pre-order GE2, get GE1 added for free and with an earlier release.

Ah, so it's basically the 2 games for $40? That's even better!

Edit: Wait, is this PS4 only?

Edit 2: Booo, it is only for PS4. Will pass on it for now, I guess.

maouvin

This was going to be the month to work my wallet dry, then things changed up a bit and now I'm just getting ZTD (and XrdR, which is already pre-ordered).
Wishlist will get a bump though!

This will be the month where I catch up with some of my Vita backlog. WILL be the month. Because I'm not buying any new games this month other than maybe some imports from Japan/Asia.

Saphirax

I hate sales. Whenever I think I have everything planned for the month they happen. My backlog only keeps growing.

Happy birthday RK!

Vita is love. Soul Sacrifice Delta is life. Fucking love that game, so happy that I can focus my playtime on it now. Wonderful, wonderful game.

Zero Time Dilemma (Vita)

:')

We did it guys
We did it!

Atelier Sopie (PS4), Odin Sphere (PS4) and ZTD (Vita) for me this month.
Gonna wait for the release of GE2 in EU and Star Ocean is July 1st here :p

FDC1

Warning, SCEE has apparently screwed another game release. Paranautical Activity is supposed to be cross-buy, it has a page on the Vita store but apparently only PS4 version is up for the moment. Vita version doesn't appear in my download list and when I click on "download" on the page of the game, nothing happens.

incpdo

oh man , i just bought 4 games O__O , i i .....i can't. only odin sphere for me this month but next month ill be buying ZTD.

No, I mean the bundle thing. You won't get Resurrection free if you buy GE2 on Vita.

You should. Unless something changed that we are not aware of. Even though it is a digital only copy, pre-ordering GE2 gives you access to GE1 this month. No idea when it'll be up on PSN as of now though.

incpdo

You should. Unless something changed that we are not aware of. Even though it is a digital only copy, pre-ordering GE2 gives you access to GE1 this month. No idea when it'll be up on PSN as of now though.
i heard in NA you get only one game . I guess that could be a misunderstanding

i heard in NA you get only one game . I guess that could be a misunderstanding

Again, I could be completely wrong but they said via Twitter that all versions would be getting it. EU is getting a physical Vita version and getting GE1. For us in the US, we are only getting digital. Same promotion applies across both.

The thing that sucks is that if you buy the EU physical version, you won't be able to access GE1 because of PSN's region lock.

maouvin

Again, I could be completely wrong but they said via Twitter that all versions would be getting it. EU is getting a physical Vita version and getting GE1. For us in the US, we are only getting digital. Same promotion applies across both.

The official website for US and EU has different info.

US:
PlayStation Network digital bundle

Digitally pre-order GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst for PlayStation 4 through the PlayStation Network for the following items:

• Digital download of GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst software
  • Instant access to digital version of GOD EATER Resurrectionwhen it is available June 28, 2016.
  • Digital download for exclusive DLC costumes from SWORD ART ONLINE: HOLLOW REALIZATION, TALES OF ZESTIRIA and TOKYO GHOUL

PlayStation Vita DLC Bundle

For a limited time, fans who purchase GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst through the PlayStation Network when it releases on August 30th will receive the exclusive DLC costumes from SWORD ART ONLINE: HOLLOW REALIZATION, TALES OF ZESTIRIA and TOKYO GHOUL.

EU
When buying GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst digitally on the PSN for PS4, PS Vita and PC Digital, we will automatically tie GOD EATER Resurrection to the download so you will download the two games at once. Everything will be automatic, you just need to get the digital version of GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst.

Sadly, it looks pretty clear that we're not getting both Vita games for $40 on the US.
Maybe it could change when GE2 comes out, but it'd piss people who got GE:R at launch off, so idk.

The official website for US and EU has different info.

US:

EU

Sadly, it looks pretty clear that we're not getting both Vita games for $40 on the US.
Maybe it could change when GE2 comes out, but it'd piss people who got GE:R at launch off, so idk.

Alright yeah I see it now. Doesn't seem like an commission either. Strange how pretty much the only audience getting shafted is US Vita owners.

Powwa

Have Odin Sphere and 2 copies of GE:2 preordered (but it will be out in August in EU). So for this month I'm only getting Odin Sphere. I'm also interested in Grand Kingdom but will wait or a discount on that since I've still a big backlog.

Got SS Delta for collection purposes and P4DAN on a discount. I'm all set for this month!

Zhao_Yun

I have Zero Time Dilemma, Star Ocean 5 (1st of July here) and Odin Sphere (Vita... might switch to PS4 though, idk yet <_<) pre-ordered. Will most probably get Hatsune Miku Project Diva Future Tone on the Japanese PSN as well.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Great month for my wallet.

Saphirax

I'm still uncertain about Odin Sphere. The ps2 version was alright but I never finished it.

Guess I'll give the demo another try, only played through the Japanese one.

I have Zero Time Dilemma, Star Ocean 5 (1st of July here) and Odin Sphere (Vita... might switch to PS4 though, idk yet <_<) pre-ordered. Will most probably get Hatsune Miku Project Diva Future Tone on the Japanese PSN as well.

Oh god I forgot Miku. Yeah I don't think I can resist that one.

RK128

Happy birthday RK!

Vita is love. Soul Sacrifice Delta is life. Fucking love that game, so happy that I can focus my playtime on it now. Wonderful, wonderful game.

:')

We did it guys
We did it!

Thanks man :D! Delta is siting in my backlog, so I will be going back to that one for sure this month :). Loved the original SS, so I'm sure I will enjoy the heck out of Delta :D.

Thanks man :D! Delta is siting in my backlog, so I will be going back to that one for sure this month :). Loved the original SS, so I'm sure I will enjoy the heck out of Delta :D.

Played 20hrs of the original, got stuck, got distracted, never really returned to it.

Then I got Delta and only recently focused on it. 10hrs in, I'm in love.

For me, I reserved this month for my backlog and if I get it early, Zero Escape 3.

RK128

Played 20hrs of the original, got stuck, got distracted, never really returned to it.

Then I got Delta and only recently focused on it. 10hrs in, I'm in love.

For me, I reserved this month for my backlog and if I get it early, Zero Escape 3.

Going to be getting one or two games this month (Might No 9 and Axiom Verge) in addition to sitting down with my backlog (Oreshika, Soul Sacrifice Delta) with having a short replay of Chains of Olympus (as I never beat the PSP version, only the PS3 one).

Top Bottom