• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2016

RK128

The official website for US and EU has different info.

US:

EU

Sadly, it looks pretty clear that we're not getting both Vita games for $40 on the US.
Maybe it could change when GE2 comes out, but it'd piss people who got GE:R at launch off, so idk.

That just sucks :(. I still plan on getting the games, but it isn't fair to US Vita users when everyone else is getting a good deal with the games.

Just happy they are getting localized on Vita at the very least though.

Kudo

Exciting month for me. Got so many games on my plate right now I kind of fear E3.
Sophie, Odin Sphere and Star Ocean 5 this month and currently playing Gravity Rush (up to chapter 17, feel like platinuming it as it's GREAT), yet to start Trails of Cold Steel, and waiting for Dragon Quest Heroes and Tales of Vesperia.
24 hours just isn't enough.

Ventara

Exciting month for me. Got so many games on my plate right now I kind of fear E3.
Sophie, Odin Sphere and Star Ocean 5 this month and currently playing Gravity Rush (up to chapter 17, feel like platinuming it as it's GREAT), yet to start Trails of Cold Steel, and waiting for Dragon Quest Heroes and Tales of Vesperia.
24 hours just isn't enough.

You could say you have a .... Zero Time Dilemma.

I am so funny.

Shizuka

I see so very people claiming that they're eagerly waiting for Grand Kingdom so far. I wonder if the game will perform well in the West, judging that there's a PS4 version and it'll likely get ported to Steam in the future.

Also, are there any news for One Way Heroics?

I see so very people claiming that they're eagerly waiting for Grand Kingdom so far. I wonder if the game will perform well in the West, judging that there's a PS4 version and it'll likely get ported to Steam in the future.

I buy like 90% of Japanese Vita games, and this one is barely on my radar. It just doesn't look interesting at all, I don't get it.

Ventara

Also, are there any news for One Way Heroics?

I buy like 90% of Japanese Vita games, and this one is barely on my radar. It just doesn't look interesting at all, I don't get it.

I actually haven't looked up the game at all, even though I have the PS4 LE preordered. I guess I should and see if I like it, especially since it's costing me $100 CDN. Might just cancel it and pick up the regular Vita version.

Kudo

You could say you have a .... Zero Time Dilemma.

I am so funny.

Nailed it.
o6gaKVB.gif

Grand Kingdom lacks character to me. The art is meh, I don't even know if it has a story or characters or if it's just some military boardgame. That they focussed so much on the online MP beta also put me off.

It's a bit sad as I like to support NISA but I can't buy everything :(

Saphirax

Grand Kingdom lacks character to me. The art is meh, I don't even know if it has a story or characters or if it's just some military boardgame. That they focussed so much on the online MP beta also put me off.

It's a bit sad as I like to support NISA but I can't buy everything :(

Yeah, I tried the Japanese demo and the beta and just wasn't feeling it. It'd be a game I'd never finish and with how packed June is, I'm better off spending my money on something I'd actually enjoy.

Didn't find the gameplay all that compelling and without a decent story and characters... I've no incentive to play.

maouvin

I was enjoying Grand Kingdom beta until I had to spend stat points to create/level characters. Not on a min-max mood right now, will wait to see how important stat-placement is before getting it.

Billfisto

Kinda regretting buying Paranautical Activity on PS4. No idea how it is on PC, but it should not be running as terribly as it does on PS4, given how it looks.

Just feels overall really clunky and shoddy, too, like somebody's "my first game in Unity" project.

wilflare

I should get Downwell right (PSV)
still wondering if I should pull the trigger on the Odin Sphere CE for the artbook

incpdo

I should get Downwell right (PSV)
still wondering if I should pull the trigger on the Odin Sphere CE for the artbook
i bought Downwell today and i cant stop playing . its so much fun . its also a very polished game gameplay wise

im very tempted on getting both portable ops i already played them back then when i had the psp as the main portable console . I miss stealth so much . I wish the PSP Tenchu games were available.

Hello friends. Subbing to this thread for the first time in a while. Looking forward to arguing with you during E3 week Cx
Kinda regretting buying Paranautical Activity on PS4. No idea how it is on PC, but it should not be running as terribly as it does on PS4, given how it looks.

Just feels overall really clunky and shoddy, too, like somebody's "my first game in Unity" project.
Anyone played the vita port? Heard the game was alright and looks like the sort of thing my vita's library is missing btu I don't expect the port to be good.

RK128

Hello friends. Subbing to this thread for the first time in a while. Looking forward to arguing with you during E3 week Cx

Anyone played the vita port? Heard the game was alright and looks like the sort of thing my vita's library is missing btu I don't expect the port to be good.

Hello man :D!

I hope that this month is the one that brings everyone back and pushes all of us to post a lot again :). I hold a lot of hope during E3 too and very excited about any announcements that might happen.

Playing MM Legacy Collection on 2DS and Soul Sacrifice Delta & MM8 on my Vita; nice way to celebrate a birthday :D. The images of PA on the Vita Store look nice enough and the simple art style should help the game have a stable performance on the Vita. If I get it, will post impressions.

Armaly

So I have those NA PS1 classics that were only downloadable for a limited time on a 64gb card. Is there a way to copy over a select few to a 16gb card so I can play them on my pstv? Thanks.

Prelude.

Don't post in that kind of threads if you don't want to get banned. It's inevitable.

Yeah, I don't really care that much. It looks pretty insipid, especially considering the other games coming out near it. I'll probably buy it, but certainly not soon.
NISA's 2016 is looking pretty awful, I pretty much only care about Yomawari. Hopefully they'll manage to squeeze in some of their internally developed titles in time.

RK128

So I have those NA PS1 classics that were only downloadable for a limited time on a 64gb card. Is there a way to copy over a select few to a 16gb card so I can play them on my pstv? Thanks.

Did you back them up to a PC? Because you can put your 64GB card in Vita you go the games and turn it off. Take out the Memory Card and put that into your PS TV.

You are set then :).

With the sheer amount of games incoming this month Grand Kingdom is quite honestly the one I'm leaning towards dropping. Just looks like a mobile f2p game to me. And by looks I mean visually (it's got absolutely NOTHING on Grand Knights History) and mechanically. Way too much coming my way as is, with Odin Sphere, God Eater and ZTD.

Billfisto

Just tried the Vita version for a while, not too impressive there, either. The framerate seems to hold up better, but the game pauses with a load screen for a second or so upon entering each new room. Seems like it's loading the enemies on a room by room basis, as you can see the level geometry through the door.

Physics, collisions, and shooting just feel wrong, too. I'd wait until a flash sale unless you're morbidly curious.

Just tried the Vita version for a while, not too impressive there, either. The framerate seems to hold up better, but the game pauses with a load screen for a second or so upon entering each new room. Seems like it's loading the enemies on a room by room basis, as you can see the level geometry through the door.

Physics, collisions, and shooting just feel wrong, too. I'd wait until a flash sale unless you're morbidly curious.

I could've sworn I responded to this earlier.

That's about what I expected. I'll just continue to hold out for more action games on the system. Borderlands 2 is pretty fun these days on the system so I'm not exactly desperate for another FPS.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I have been experiencing a PSN issue. Is this topic a good place to ask it for help from fellow members?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Sure; what is the problem buddy :)?

Store not loading up? Downloads taking long?

Whenever I use a DLC code, either for a game I purchased or add-on content, after I get to the confirm screen once it accepts the code, I hit confirm and I just get an empty screen. Basically, the next screen after that, that usually says "Your content was redeemed" or whatever never pops up, and the DLC isn't added to my downloads.

So I have to go to the PS Store website, and activate the download from there. Not a crippling problem, but annoying nonetheless.

Also sometimes when I select PS Store from my home screen it loads and loads and loads, and then automatically backs out and just sends me back to the main PS4 screen.

RK128

Whenever I use a DLC code, either for a game I purchased or add-on content, after I get to the confirm screen once it accepts the code, I hit confirm and I just get an empty screen. Basically, the next screen after that, that usually says "Your content was redeemed" or whatever never pops up, and the DLC isn't added to my downloads.

So I have to go to the PS Store website, and activate the download from there. Not a crippling problem, but annoying nonetheless.

Also sometimes when I select PS Store from my home screen it loads and loads and loads, and then automatically backs out and just sends me back to the main PS4 screen.

I'm still trying to save up for a PS4, so cannot help with your issues with that. But I can hazard a guess as to why you are having the issues.

Sometimes the store takes up too much memory in the systems ram (at least it does on the PS3), so it takes ages to load it up fully but it could even crash at some points. I would suggest you reset your PS4 and try using the DLC codes again.

If not, just stick with the web store as like you said, you are having no issues with that. I hope my comments helped out somewhat :).

Billfisto

I don't have a fix, I'm afraid, but I can confirm I'm also experiencing both of those issues, so it's not local to your connection or system.

Probably just Sony's shaky infrastructure being shaky, but if anybody knows a way to correct it I'd love it as well.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I don't have a fix, I'm afraid, but I can confirm I'm also experiencing both of those issues, so it's not local to your connection or system.

Probably just Sony's shaky infrastructure being shaky, but if anybody knows a way to correct it I'd love it as well.

Glad to hear it just isn't my PS4.

Yasumi

Banned
Anyone in PSN GAF going to watch the press conference in theaters? Just curious.

I get the feeling there are going to be a few neat announcements, then a deluge of PSVR demonstrations that'll be about as exciting as the Wonderbook.

Kudo

Ha, just finished Gravity Rush.
What a great game, so happy that I decided to splurge for the collector's edition. Now joining the wait party for 2.
Here's hoping we get a date at E3.

RK128

Been playing Soul Sacrifice Delta and man is is a great time so far.

The story is very strong and the core gameplay systems are a lot of fun. The game is packed with content with three story lines to play through; going to be my Vita game for June alongside Mighty No. 9, Steamworld Heist and God Eater :D.

Ventara

Ha, just finished Gravity Rush.
What a great game, so happy that I decided to splurge for the collector's edition. Now joining the wait party for 2.
Here's hoping we get a date at E3.

Wait, there's a CE for Gravity Rush? Whaaaaat?!

Prelude.

So, apparently there's gonna be another demo/trial with online for Grand Kingdom and this time is on Vita as well. Didn't see this coming.

The Vita demos lately (if you ignore region walls) have been plenty and great. We've been a little spoiled this year.
  • Odin Sphere
  • Uppers (twice)
  • Toukiden 2
  • Miracle Girls Festival
  • Project Diva X

I've played all of these as demos this year - as they came out - and they've all been awesome. Some a bit short, some a bit simple, but they all made me want the games they represent.

Good show, developers. :)

ryseing

I get the feeling there are going to be a few neat announcements, then a deluge of PSVR demonstrations that'll be about as exciting as the Wonderbook.

I think Sony knows VR doesn't demonstrate well. I'm sure it will be mentioned but I don't see it taking a ton of time. Montage + maybe a GT demo.

Top Bottom