• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | October 2015

ZeroAKA

For the new page, since I'm still getting requests from people whose names I don't recognize:

There is now a VitaGAF PS4 community for everyone here who wants to play PS4 games together, discuss the Vita, or do anything else really. Please message me on GAF/Twitter/Line/PSN (AbstractChaos) with your GAF username and PSN ID for an invite.

I am still looking for at least one mod to help me manage the community. If you are interested and are fairly active on PS4, send me a message with your GAF name, PSN ID, and whatever else you want to me to know as soon as possible. Depending on how many responses I get, I will most likely draw names out of a random number generator sometime tomorrow.

RK128

A Hero's Tale and the isometric GBA games are legit.

The GBA games are solid, if flawed. They have some great music and the platforming style makes since (considering isometric is the closest thing to 3D many developers could pull off with the GBA).

A Heroes Tail, similar to Crash Twinsanity, tried very hard to hold true to the series roots while doing a few new things here and there. A shop system similar to the Ratchet series, unlocking different breaths for Spyro to use, new gameplay styles thanks to new characters and the like.

Like Twinsanity, Heroes Tail is a flawed game sadly :l. It coping too much from the PS1 Spyro's makes it 'stale' and 'dated' to some, despite making attempts to push the series foward (even if they are small ones). Remember liking this a lot more than Into the Dragonfly (....that was horrid X() at the very least.

Similar to again, Twinsanity and the GBA Crash games, the GBA Spyro's and Heroes Tail are solid games with some flaws holding them back from being as great as the PS1 titles.

Like Twinsanity, Heroes Tail is a flawed game sadly :l. It coping too much from the PS1 Spyro's makes it 'stale' and 'dated' to some, despite making attempts to push the series foward (even if they are small ones). Remember liking this a lot more than Into the Dragonfly (....that was horrid X() at the very least.

Agree on the general sentiment but I think you've got it the wrong way around.

Enter the Dragonfly stayed very true to the original formula, it was literally Spyro 4 through and through. Unfortunately they had to rush the game out in time for the holidays and as such it's short, laggy and full of bugs. I don't like it, but I respect that they were at least trying to stay true to Spyro.

A Hero's Tail... idk. I mean, I'm a massive Spyro nut, so I'm probably biased - I hated the VA changes (Moneybags in particular was horrible); hated what they did to Gnasty Gnorc (side villain that didn't make any sense); hated what they did with the platforming (changed it from a collectathon to a double-jump-lots-of-ledges platformer) etc.

I did have more fun with it, but I don't think it stayed true to what Spyro originally was, which is a shame.

RK128

Agree on the general sentiment but I think you've got it the wrong way around.

Enter the Dragonfly stayed very true to the original formula, it was literally Spyro 4 through and through. Unfortunately they had to rush the game out in time for the holidays and as such it's short, laggy and full of bugs. I don't like it, but I respect that they were at least trying to stay true to Spyro.

A Hero's Tail... idk. I mean, I'm a massive Spyro nut, so I'm probably biased - I hated the VA changes (Moneybags in particular was horrible); hated what they did to Gnasty Gnorc (side villain that didn't make any sense); hated what they did with the platforming (changed it from a collectathon to a double-jump-lots-of-ledges platformer) etc.

I did have more fun with it, but I don't think it stayed true to what Spyro originally was, which is a shame.

Its been years since I played both games, so you are likely right about both games.

Enter the Dragonfly is the series version of Sonic 06 in a way; a game with potential but due to being rushed out the door, it suffers a lot.

A Hero's Tail tried to do a few new things with the series and while some changes were interesting to me (different breath abilities, double jump, Hunter being playable, core level design structure changes, ect) others felt very odd (Spyro's mini game missions, the gem collecting system). I respect it more due to it trying new things and it sticking most of the time (to me at least). I'm sorry you didn't like it though :(.

Xenoflare

What would happen to my vita cloud saves if my Plus subscription is over? My sub is will come to an end next month.

I use plus almost solely to store Vita saves of deleted digital games because when I delete a game on it the saves will be deleted too and the cloud storage is a really convenient workaround.

If not for that I'd likely dropped plus altogether since the instant game collection no longer interests me and I don't have a PS4.

Vylash

What would happen to my vita cloud saves if my Plus subscription is over? My sub is will come to an end next month.

I use plus almost solely to store Vita saves of deleted digital games because when I delete a game on it the saves will be deleted too and the cloud storage is a really convenient workaround.

If not for that I'd likely dropped plus altogether since the instant game collection no longer interests me and I don't have a PS4.
just use content manager

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Since it's halloween month Im gonna play The Evil Within again. Anyone try the Assignment/Consequence DLC's? Are they worth $20?

If you like stealth only gameplay. Granted the 2nd DLC has some sections which are not that, but still for the most part its stealth only. So do not expect them to be like the original content.

There is more stuff added to the plot, but its up to you if you want to spend the 20 or not. As we know how folks are 50 / 50 when an action game suddenly turns stealth only.

Kudo

If you like stealth only gameplay. Granted the 2nd DLC has some sections which are not that, but still for the most part its stealth only. So do not expect them to be like the original content.

There is more stuff added to the plot, but its up to you if you want to spend the 20 or not. As we know how folks are 50 / 50 when an action game suddenly turns stealth only.

I really liked the original game but for some reason couldn't bring up myself to buy the DLCs, I guess this was the right choice.
I hope we get proper sequel for TEW one day, might play the DLC if they ever come in sale or something.

nampad

For the new page, since I'm still getting requests from people whose names I don't recognize:

There is now a VitaGAF PS4 community for everyone here who wants to play PS4 games together, discuss the Vita, or do anything else really. Please message me on GAF/Twitter/Line/PSN (AbstractChaos) with your GAF username and PSN ID for an invite.

I am still looking for at least one mod to help me manage the community. If you are interested and are fairly active on PS4, send me a message with your GAF name, PSN ID, and whatever else you want to me to know as soon as possible. Depending on how many responses I get, I will most likely draw names out of a random number generator sometime tomorrow.

Please invite me. PSN: nampad

I wouldn't mind an invite to the club.

PSN; teflontactics

Rice Digital now are apparently selling Marvelous games in Europe, including Blood Drive.
http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/corpse-party-blood-drive-ps-vita

Not necessarily cheaper, but options are good! There's no release date yet but Marvelous is still aiming for October. The delay compared to the NA version is because of a "delay on materials shipments", whatever that means. But it's out of their control.

Oh, fantastic, I'll order through them instead then, thanks for the heads up!

Hey guys, not quite related here but I would like to join your community however one great limiting factor is that I do not own a Playstation. Umm yeah so I wanted to get some info and thought I'd barge in here - sorry!

Basically I'm trying to remind myself that I am better off waiting a couple months to catch Christmas price drops/bundles than going ahead and getting one in the next couple weeks. Right? Talk me down, guys. I've got my credit card in hand and I'm afraid of what I might do with it!! Christmas bundles are worth the wait, right?

ZeroAKA

Hey guys, not quite related here but I would like to join your community however one great limiting factor is that I do not own a Playstation. Umm yeah so I wanted to get some info and thought I'd barge in here - sorry!

Basically I'm trying to remind myself that I am better off waiting a couple months to catch Christmas price drops/bundles than going ahead and getting one in the next couple weeks. Right? Talk me down, guys. I've got my credit card in hand and I'm afraid of what I might do with it!! Christmas bundles are worth the wait, right?
If you live in the US and are looking for a PS4, I can't think of any reason to not wait until at least Black Friday for a decent bundle especially since a price drop has been announced just about everywhere else already. You're probably out of luck if you're looking for a Vita bundle though.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I really liked the original game but for some reason couldn't bring up myself to buy the DLCs, I guess this was the right choice.
I hope we get proper sequel for TEW one day, might play the DLC if they ever come in sale or something.

Yeah only if you really are starved to see more "story" content, I would say dont bother. And the weird first person boxman DLC is kinda odd as it makes no sense story wise. lol Is amusing in a stupid way though, but expect all kinds of jank if you do play it.

Sondar

CQlqOSGUsAAnviT.jpg:large

Eh?! Didn't have a clue this was on the cards. Wonder how many copies they've printed? As a collector, I of course NEED this...

Shovel Knight can't get a physical release on Vita but this can

the world isn't fair

I don't think Yacht Club ever really wanted to release on Vita in the first place. It probably only happened at Sony's behest for crossbuy, before the system got all remaining company attention diverted away from it. That and they're up there in that successful, mainstream crossover bubble where doing a limited print run for fans and collectors doesn't interest them.

JJP12

This looks really good. It's cool to see that girl survived lol. I just finished the first two chapters of the original game and this looks miles better. I'm usually a baby when it comes to horror games but I'm not finding corpse party very scary. More like messed up. Blood Drive seems like it will be much scarier with the flashlight mechanic/updated graphics.

Eh?! Didn't have a clue this was on the cards. Wonder how many copies they've printed? As a collector, I of course NEED this...

Wow! were can I get this?! Is the game any good?

Shovel Knight can't get a physical release on Vita but this can

the world isn't fair

Yeah it sucks! Shovel Knight is the indie game I want to collect on Vita. Also Vita fans are small in number but are known to buy lots of games, especially limited physical releases like RCR which sold out and was more expensive than the PS4 version! Its like they rather sell nothing at all then to sell at the very least 5000 Vita copies and get good street cred!

Shizuka

Ugh, another limited print game, except this time it's not a good one. Sondar, Dallow, Galdius, time to prepare.

Sondar

Apparently limited to only 1,500 copies at the end of the month from Limited Run Games website.

Edit
Beaten by a minute!

If you live in the US and are looking for a PS4, I can't think of any reason to not wait until at least Black Friday for a decent bundle especially since a price drop has been announced just about everywhere else already. You're probably out of luck if you're looking for a Vita bundle though.

I'm in Canada, so it's pretty much the same thing. Vita bundle would be nice but I wasn't holding out for that. Black Friday it is :)

Takao

Banned
Renegade Kid really only became notable for doing some impressive tech work on Nintendo handhelds in the 00s. I wouldn't expect them to cater to anyone else. Which kind of makes me wonder if Wayforward would turn away from LRG Shantae releases ...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Mutant Mudds or Xeodrifter? Both have been free for PS+ and not particularly good, I don't know if those are great choices.

Xeodrifter I agree with but MM kinda lives and dies with the 3D effect on the 3DS. It's not great without it.

Renegade Kid really only became notable for doing some impressive tech work on Nintendo handhelds in the 00s. I wouldn't expect them to cater to anyone else. Which kind of makes me wonder if Wayforward would turn away from LRG Shantae releases ...

That was essentially my point about Shovel Knight up above too. The feasibility and incentive can mean nothing... some devs just won't do it 'cause reasons.

Takao

Banned
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/651254293803216897

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/651253879141740544
CQm385SUcAAY02S.jpg:large

Full box shot of Limited Run #1: Breach & Clear for Vita. Limited to 1,500 worldwide. It will not be reprinted!

That was essentially my point about Shovel Knight up above too. The feasibility and incentive can mean nothing... some devs just won't do it 'cause reasons.

Sometimes you can't lead a horse to water.

Here's to hoping LRG gets in contact with other devs. Skullgirls, La Mulana, Drinkbox Collection, Futurlab Collection, etc.

autoduelist

Wow! were can I get this?! Is the game any good?

I've put countless hours into it, getting all the stars in it first on Steam, and now on vita. I only have a few more trophies to get.

It's not a great game, but I had fun with it. It's sort of like Frozen Synapse - turn based, squad based, tactical combat. It was originally a mobile game and feels like it at times.

That said, you do level up your squad rpg style (5 stats, different classes) and that's fun, and the more 'realistic' take on it is also fun. Just don't expect the polish (even close) of FS or others in the genre like Door Kickers. It's got tons of levels, several play modes, and a wide range of difficulty (hard is -hard-). FS is the better game, but in many ways I had more fun with B&C despite myself.

Top Bottom