• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | July 2014

If only Micromon was on PlayStation Mobile.
Well there's this coming in late 2015 or further away.
Collectems
collectems.gif

TOTP: Buy Rogue Legacy.

Got a review copy of Furyu's Lost Dimension!
Just kidding. Demo's now out for both PSV and PS3 on JP PSN.

It looks I might buy this. I probably going to. Yeah, I think I will. Yeah. Just a matter of when.

I don't think I'll like the characters, the world looks bland, and I think the game setup and story is stupid for this type game*, but I find the gameplay interesting. (*
I mean... really? You start at most party member possible to least party member possible? I don't know how gameplay will go from "more tactical options" to "less tactical options" as the game goes on. :/
)

The framerate is... annoying to the eyes. At least when you're moving your character's view. I usually don't notice the FPS "problems" unless they're slowdowns. Hopefully, it's just the demo. (inb4 only Vita has problems)

UI problem1: It's not clear the exact scope of your attack is due to the stupid looping animation of the indicator. Can't we just animate once and let they stay where they should be? -__-

UI problem2: Sometimes, the PoV will be from behind the walls, but the walls were kept solid. Corners can hide stuff like an enemy (or an ally).
On the other hand, I also wish there's also a view from above (think SRW OE-style) instead of just "third person view" (as seen from TPS).

Also, it seems Assist Attacks have no limit in usage and number of participants. This can lead to huge chaining attacks.
3 enemies?
Enemy 1 attacks
Enemy 2 attacks, Enemy 1 assists
Enemy 3 attacks, Enemy 2 assists, Enemy 1 assists.

I just hope there'd be units that can tank that much.

Interface is also "slow" but I can live with that.

Benedict

Has there been any info on the EU summer sale? I seem to have missed anything regarding it so far.

Summer sale has started.
As is customary, we can’t not have a Summer Sale, so here it is! Over the course of the next four weeks you will find a ton of discounts to take advantage of. We’ll be rolling out these discounts in batches (it’s a lot of work to push out nearly 200 items) so you must certainly check back each Wednesday to see what gets swapped in.

Today we will begin with a selection of PS4 titles courtesy of EA, from hugely popular FIFA 14 to Need for Speed Rivals, including DLC. Alongside this we also have part one of our PlayStation 3 and PS Vita discounts going live for two weeks before being swapped for part two.

Next week we’ll be back with even more PS4 games on offer (over 25!)

mstevens

I'm glad more Sound Shapes DLC is coming next month

because my FFX HD and FFX-2 HD trophies are separated by it at the moment

Snowballo

2. Pure Pool. Since it was on sale for 9 bucks with plus I decided to give it a go (and picked up Backgammon Blitz for 2 bucks as well.)

It looks like the only unlockables are cues tied to level. One location to play in but it's very well designed. Outside of targeting, which can be disabled, there's no other indicators on screen (i.e. power meter, english marker, etc)

Man, has this game been a good buy. It looks amazing and plays well. Gamer performance is top-notch. I can see it being quite the time killer for me. I've only played local so far and the hand-off 2 player is quite nice.

Thanks.
I've bought the game.
Same impression as you.
The game IS a simulation, so no help at all, you cannot see the table from above and so on. It looks gorgeous and it plays well. I cannot play online yet, sadly. It doens't find any opponent.

Top Bottom