• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | July 2014

Some Namco PR tweeted that it's delayed in Europe. And NA never got a release window other than "summer".
Damn it, I was counting on it to keep me busy until Minecraft. Oh well, I guess P4G and Terraria will have to do the job.

*edit* Top of the page, (50ppp) Buy Ys:MoC, Demon Gaze,Sly Collection and of course P4G.

mstevens

I need some help with Vita memory, since I'm kind of terrible at this stuff.

I've filled my 16 gig memory card to the brim, so I think I'm going to purchase a 64 gig card on amazon (I'm in the US). My questions are: I have an SD / Micro SD card USB reader for my PC. Do I just put my old memory card in there, back it up on the computer, put the new one in, and copy over? (I don't have a PS3 so I will have to do it on my computer)

If I do that, will my save files AND games transfer over? I jumped on the crash bandicoot and spyro sales during the few days they were on the shop, and I really don't want to lose them in the transfer. Will they still be playable?

Thanks! As soon as I know this will work, I'll pull the trigger on the memory card. Excited to have that much space.

Woohoo! New month, new thread! Yeah buddy!

Really hoping for some good (for me) sales this month. Classics and what not especially! C'mon Summer Sales, be WAY better than last week!

antibolo

Banned
Damn it, I was counting on it to keep me busy until Minecraft. Oh well, I guess P4G and Terraria will have to do the job.

*edit* Top of the page, (50ppp) Buy Ys:MoC, Demon Gaze,Sly Collection and of course P4G.

You can import the Asian version right now and chill out to its QUALITY English localization.

You can import the Asian version right now and chill out to its QUALITY English localization.

Make no mistake, the QUALITY English localization is quite unique but the game has a nice depth for me. I think I haven't started any story quest for now and just focused on exploring the new area but I still have so many things to explore and discover. It is like a mini-MMORPG in offline mode but you have a waif...er, partner to somewhat alleviate problems you might encounter. Helps me somewhat forget the pain of not having PSO2 in English for my Vita.
If you are itching to play a game with a huge world (for a portable console) and can get past Japanese Fanservice / learn the game YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY GET THIS.

I've been thinking about doing that but since I thought it was coming out soon I was just going wait and support the localization. Now I may have to cave on an import copy.

-Digits-

Oh snap, Oddworld is this month. I must have everything Oddworld. I must have it on Vita and PS4. I will double dip if I have to.
Maybe I'll finally check out Strider too. I've had the demo on my PS4 from the day it was uploaded but never actually tried it.

RK128

My first time not on the wall of shame, odd, considering I posted a good deal last month :l.

Either way I look forward to what this month brings :D; large backlog of great Vita games to play, hopefully will get the Vita version of Ratchet Collection free in US (if SCEA enables cross-buy here....IF the game even comes here at all :l), and the PS+ stuff is really great (always wanted to play Dead Space 3 to see if it really is bad or not and people can get the chance to play the great game Maramusa on their Vita's if they didn't get it already :)).

Not to mention I am doing to more runs of P3P and aiming to beat the Sly Collection (at least the first two games....don't know if I can trudge through the third game again X(), so I have lots of gaming stuff to do this month :).

Really hope for some positive Vita news considering June, to be frank, was a really bad month for Vita owners, so I hope this month is great for Vita :).

Anyone happen to have sold a copy of Muramasa Rebirth recently? If we're getting it on PS+, I might want to just go ahead and sell my cart.

lonely

qgMSZnll.jpg

It arrived! Can't wait to play it and I hope to regularly post here from now on. I'll post impressions of it later hopefully. Probably gonna be the rarest game I'll ever own.

I need some help with Vita memory, since I'm kind of terrible at this stuff.

I've filled my 16 gig memory card to the brim, so I think I'm going to purchase a 64 gig card on amazon (I'm in the US). My questions are: I have an SD / Micro SD card USB reader for my PC. Do I just put my old memory card in there, back it up on the computer, put the new one in, and copy over? (I don't have a PS3 so I will have to do it on my computer)

If I do that, will my save files AND games transfer over? I jumped on the crash bandicoot and spyro sales during the few days they were on the shop, and I really don't want to lose them in the transfer. Will they still be playable?

Thanks! As soon as I know this will work, I'll pull the trigger on the memory card. Excited to have that much space.

Those memory cards are definitely not SD-compatible. You can connect to your computer via USB (after installing Content Manager Assistant for Playstation) and do a backup that way. The save files are tied to the games themselves for Vita games, but separate for PSP/PS1 games.

Zhao_Yun

EU PSN has a small promotion for users in the UK, Australia, Italy, Spain and Germany.

Purchase any paid download from PlayStation Store between 1st July and 31st July 2014 and we’ll offer you the movie ‘London’ starring Jason Statham (UK customers), Zombieland (Italy), District 9 (Spain and Australia) or Battle Los Angeles (Germany) that you can download with an exclusive voucher code at no extra cost.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/07/01/enjoy-movie-us-july/

mstevens

Those memory cards are definitely not SD-compatible. You can connect to your computer via USB (after installing Content Manager Assistant for Playstation) and do a backup that way. The save files are tied to the games themselves for Vita games, but separate for PSP/PS1 games.

Thanks for the reply! Okay so I just connect my vita directly with USB. Got it! Any idea if my crash and spyro games will work after transfer? And will my PS1 save files transfer over? I have a near perfect FF7 save that I'd rather not lose.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
New Thread!
Shame on me because i'm on the wall of shame lol.

from the June thread:
There isn't any - but he's probably referring to the insane amount of pixel-crawl/aparent absence of mip-mapping on the foliage, which is - if we want to tie-it-to-hw - PS2 nostalgic nod, although PSP was pretty much the same in that respect.

Personally I attribute that more to Jpn-stylistic choices though - as it has been known to show up in number of other platform-games, including PC.
Yeah i suspected he intended the evident pixels.

I know nothing about this game. Is this Tecmo-Koei's answer to Konami's Love+ (Waifu+)?
Sort of, there's this girl that doesn't remember anything and you help her talking to her, going out with her, doing everyday activities.
So yes i would say it's an amnesiac waifu simulator.

So when PSN updates in NA can someone check if they can download Puddle on PS4 if you just have the PS plus Vita version?

Yasumi

Banned
qgMSZnll.jpg

It arrived! Can't wait to play it and I hope to regularly post here from now on. I'll post impressions of it later hopefully. Probably gonna be the rarest game I'll ever own.
I look forward to hearing your impressions. It's an awesome game. =D

Renpatsu

New n Tasty is cross-buy yeah? I've been holding off on the various Oddworld sales so that I can play this instead.

Edit: Fairly certain Jul 22 is only for PS4 version and other platforms are TBA. Still need to know if it'll be another retroactive cross-buy release though.

How "rpg-ish" is Child of Light though?
The battle system is pretty much Grandia 2's action bar where speed is the main attribute to success. There's a fairly large cast of characters to recruit into your two-person party and on hard difficulty stresses switching characters in and out like FFX to be efficient in battle. The only negatives in my opinion is the rather hit and miss dialogue conceit and the gem crafting system (in lieu of equipment) feeling pretty grindy.

Looking like it will just be Valiant Hearts I will be buying this month if I don't take forever playing through Wolfenstein (and getting the plat).
Interestingly enough Wolfenstein and Valiant Hearts would be a compelling double bill of games in played one after another.

Wow, New N Tasty is out this month? Excellent. Would be cool to see that game gets a physical release sometime down the line like Ducktales did. It's definitely a "full" game.

Getting Child of Light, Ratchet & Clank Trilogy, One Piece, Another World, New & Tasty, Gravity Crash Ultra and probably Futuridium if it's small and cheap.

i'm going to preemptively state that the update today could take up to 5 pm EST to completely happen so dont come here at 2 asking why PSN store is trying to charge you for Strider you jerks.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i'm more interested in seeing when the new sales go up

New n Tasty is cross-buy yeah? I've been holding off on the various Oddworld sales so that I can play this instead.

cross buy and cross save as well? guess i'm getting that ASAP

qgMSZnll.jpg

i needz it... will get a hopefully inevitable asia release after it comes here

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I look forward to hearing your impressions. It's an awesome game. =D
Does the game ever require you to use both the front and back touch at the same time for puzzles? Been thinking about downloading it, but holding my vita while "pinching" the front and back is a control scheme that really puts me off.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Good lord. That's a good grip of games I haven't gotten yet. Child of Light, One Piece Red, TLOU Remastered, Muramasa, Strider, Towerfall, etc. @_@

JimPanzer

already posted in the old thread: if you intend to buy child of light for vita but got a problem with a lower framerate you might want to wait. game is not on par framerate-wise with rayman legends; still playable though.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
To Buy
Child of Light Vita
Futuridium
One Piece

To Free
OlliOlli Cross-Buy
Muramasa

A good, focused, high quality haul for this month for me. Though, I'm a tad disappointed we still know nothing about Velocity 2X. I had always envisioned it coming out during a PLAY or Summer Sale. Along with Android Assault Cactus.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
already posted in the old thread: if you intend to buy child of light for vita but got a problem with a lower framerate you might want to wait. game is not on par framerate-wise with rayman legends; still playable though.
Sounds like a job for the demo! Dustforce taught me a lesson I will not repeat.

Renpatsu

Saw your post in the old thread. Just for reference there were no noticeable drops on the PS3 release of the game. I imagine it'll probably see a minor patch on Vita if the issue is egregious enough.

Whats everyone's thoughts on OlliOlli, been debating the purchase all week and now the sale is about to end.
Has elements of the Skate control scheme mixed together with Tony Hawk's absurd grind combos and discrete levels with beginnings and ends that eschew the typical endless runner fare. They recently updated the game with a patch so that it should all run smoothly. Menus are all touch based. After all the goals and secrets in the main game are done there is a Daily Grind level that is similar to Spelunky and Rayman Legends daily challenges.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I cant believe New n Tasty has a release date but Munch Vita still doesn't. Seriously what the hell? I thought it wen in submission months ago?

lonely

Well I've already killed myself and got a trophy for it. Simple so far but I really like how the shadow world and movement through it is handled so far. HaHa, just double checked and the trophy translates to "Curiosit killed the cat".

JimPanzer

Saw your post in the old thread. Just for reference there were no noticeable drops on the PS3 release of the game. I imagine it'll probably see a minor patch on Vita if the issue is egregious enough.

it's not that bad, I just expected it to run as fluent as rayman legends did (which is the better looking/more demanding game IMO)

controls are fine btw. - they don't force touchscreen controls on you

Top Bottom