• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | March 2014

Tizoc

The bumping mechanic has kept me from trying it as well

Having just beat Oath in Felghana (Ys 3) and Seven, I'm ready to get back to the originals if only for the music.
I plan on starting Ys 1 on Steam =V

Grandia, bro.

I already have that actually, the game I meant was Lunar @o@

Well, when a new Ys releases I'm sure xseed will have another sale. lol

Ys 1+2 is so good, even better than Felghana and Napishtim.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah, I don't believe ya mang, no offense.

VLiberty

never played the original.. I was hoping RO Ace will be something like PSO2

Top of the Page (for 100PP Master Race:p)
- Buy FEZ (Phil Fish's game is awesome on OLED)
- Buy SteamWorld Dig (this is the WAY it is meant to played... and not on the 3DS Hardware)
- Buy Luftrausers (the Vlambeer guys are just <3)
- Buy Miku (and join the wait for Miku 2)
- Buy Danganronpa (a fellow GAFfer does the voicework for one of the characters)
- Buy FFX|X-2 HD so we can get FFXII HD :p
- Buy Toukiden... we are being overrun by Oni

Only got SWD :( Will get FEZ and Luftrausers someday

A quick question for any Uk/Euro Gaffers using US Amazon.com to get PSN store codes.

I've set up an US account on Amazon with a fake US address (Harley Davidson's HQ,lol) and just about to add my credit card. When it comes to billing address, must I put my actual UK address or fake US address? I'm worried I would be scuppered if the registered card address is not from the US.

A quick question for any Uk/Euro Gaffers using US Amazon.com to get PSN store codes.

I've set up an US account on Amazon with a fake US address (Harley Davidson's HQ,lol) and just about to add my credit card. When it comes to billing address, must I put my actual UK address or fake US address? I'm worried I would be scuppered if the registered card address is not from the US.
I've used a US billing address for over a year and no problems.

Having just beat Oath in Felghana (Ys 3) and Seven, I'm ready to get back to the originals if only for the music.
I plan on starting Ys 1 on Steam =V

I already have that actually, the game I meant was Lunar @o@

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah, I don't believe ya mang, no offense.

Ys I&II are great games but if the mechanics don't click with you then you aren't going to enjoy them. For what it's worth, Ys II has a magic system that adds a bit more variety to the gameplay. Despite that I actually enjoy Ys I a bit more but that's because of the game's structure and that it is super short.

Felghana is still the best tho.

The bumping mechanic has kept me from trying it as well

After you level up a bit, it's really not that bad.
Especially once you get used to it.
I only recently ran into some monsters that can cause damage to me now where I have to be more careful about it again, but after you get some decent equipment and stuff, it kind of turns into Pac-Man with a power pellet in areas where the enemies aren't quite up to par.

Only got SWD :( Will get FEZ and Luftrausers someday

You chose... poorly.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I've barely had my PS4 a week and one of the triggers is already really squeeky. Man, that's some seriously poor quality. Its probably been like this a while but I only just noticed it because I started to play a quiet game(Contrast). In Infamous whenever you use the trigger the squeeky sound is drowned out by the sound of fire. Super noticable when playing Contrast though.

I've barely had my PS4 a week and one of the triggers is already really squeeky. Man, that's some seriously poor quality. Its probably been like this a while but I only just noticed it because I started to play a quiet game(Contrast). In Infamous whenever you use the trigger the squeeky sound is drowned out by the sound of fire. Super noticable when playing Contrast though.

I've had mine since launch. No problems at all on either of my two controllers.

Also don't have the peeling problem of the thumb sticks. And I use my ps4 all the time.

Fireblend

Banned
Still doing some research for my upcoming Vita purchase. Is Super Stardust Delta any good? I'm a huge fan of twinstick shooters. I'll probably be getting P4G, Fez and that one along with it, but are there any other good $10 games I should check out? I already own Fez on PC, but I never finished and I kinda wanna revisit it on Vita. I thought about Spelunky, but the lack of daily challenge like in the PC version makes me think twice about it.

Number45

EU might be on Wed, but I'm not sure.
Yup, this is confirmed. :)

Still doing some research for my upcoming Vita purchase. Is Super Stardust Delta any good? I'm a huge fan of twinstick shooters. I'll probably be getting P4G, Fez and that one along with it, but are there any other good $10 games I should check out? I already own Fez on PC, but I never finished and I kinda wanna revisit it on Vita. I thought about Spelunky, but the lack of daily challenge like in the PC version makes me think twice about it.
SSD is amazing, and the Vita has the daily challenge mode from Spelunky. :)

Takao

Banned
UM2Ovrh.jpg

BakvdBL.jpg

6fCbx2C.jpg

cEGGwiZ.jpg

6D7Zbc6.jpg

jrQ5mEr.jpg

QXi7npK.jpg

FhGPOba.jpg

Haa7z70.jpg

http://www.4gamer.net/games/243/G024343/20140327089/

Sadly, he is right. Steamworld Dig seems overrated.

It's a decent game, but it's mostly a one and done. There's something addicting to the mining and getting the ore, but once you finish it, I don't really see any replay value. And the core gameplay, while I was addicted, I found overly tiresome after a bit.

Without a doubt, I think Luftrausers is the better game... and this is coming from someone who had 0 interest in Luftrausers based off trying the flash game.

RK128

You chose... poorly.

Sorry you didn't like it :(; I loved playing the game in long sessions (2-4 hours per game) and beating it felt fun :). Its not as great as Fez (notably the amount of content SWD has; it only has three mines to dig up and it takes about 3-5 hours to beat the game), but it was a good deal for the 8 bucks it cost me :).

mauaus

After finishing Danganronpa (AWESOME GAME) im finally in the mood to play VLR but i am not interested in playing or reading about 999, is it still worth it?

marrec

Banned
If you dont play 999 first, vlr will feel shallow

VLR stands perfectly alone, 999 adds a bit, but not enough to rush out and buy the supported devices in order to play it.

Don't miss VLR out of some misguided advice that you NEED to play 999 before hand.

Shinriji

"NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. is also pleased to announce a physical retail version of the game on the PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system to be sold at GameStop and EB Games Canada."

Nice. #teamCART wins this time.

Don't listen to these people. More than happy with SWD for the ~£5 I paid for it. If the multiple play-through trophies weren't silly I'd gladly play it through again.

I did buy Luftrausers and Fez as well. Haven't touched Luftrausers yet.

Well, there's your problem. You haven't even played Luftrausers and yet you're saying that my opinion that Luftrausers was a better game for $8 is not true.

I've played both. And Steamworld Dig was a solid one off experience... I'm glad I paid less than $6 for it on PC though.

Sorry you didn't like it :(; I loved playing the game in long sessions (2-4 hours per game) and beating it felt fun :). Its not as great as Fez (notably the amount of content SWD has; it only has three mines to dig up and it takes about 3-5 hours to beat the game), but it was a good deal for the 8 bucks it cost me :).

This is correct.
It's not a bad game. It's solid and can be fun and addicting (I have no idea why I was entranced to keep going to find the ore deposits... I think it's because I have OCD. :p). I enjoyed most of my 7 or so hours to do 100% or so... but if you're only going to buy one of the 3 games the original post I quoted mentioned (picking up Luftrausers and Fez at later dates), I think it would have been a better opinion (IMO) to grab either of the other 2 games and pick up Steamworld Dig later on at an even larger discount due to the lack of replayability. It's not even like the mines are randomized every time you play... same game every time. If it had a Spelunky randomization element to it so you could somehow have a different experience and replay forever if the core game grabbed you, then I'd give it better reviews... but it's a one and done (and very short) game.

VLR stands perfectly alone, 999 adds a bit, but not enough to rush out and buy the supported devices in order to play it.

Don't miss VLR out of some misguided advice that you NEED to play 999 before hand.

Agree completely.

"NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. is also pleased to announce a physical retail version of the game on the PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system to be sold at GameStop and EB Games Canada."

But how can you win if #teamDIGITAL didn't lose?

kiriin

After finishing Danganronpa (AWESOME GAME) im finally in the mood to play VLR but i am not interested in playing or reading about 999, is it still worth it?

Shouldn't skip 999 at all if you like dangitronpaul... The puzzles might annoy a lot people but there always the choice using spoiler free walkthrough or watch the story on youtube or something. Yes its worth a try, gave me a reason to use my 3ds again :p.

RalchAC

One Piece I guess? Nice for americans

The digimon game we want... But not the one we deserve.
It'll never leave Japan

Hope they do like with OP with this game.

Number45

Well, there's your problem. You haven't even played Luftrausers and yet you're saying that my opinion that Luftrausers was a better game for $8 is not true.
He stated he's going to pick up all three so I just commented on the quality of the game, which is more than worth the asking price for me.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

I'm sorry for you. 999 is much better than both VLR and DR. But I agree that you don't need to play it to enjoy VLR though

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I'm sorry for you. 999 is much better than both VLR and DR. But I agree that you don't need to play it to enjoy VLR though

Agreed on this.

April fools!

He stated he's going to pick up all three so I just commented on the quality of the game, which is more than worth the asking price for me.

And my original thought said that he chose poorly because Luftrausers is superior. :p
To which you said "don't listen to him".

It doesn't matter now, he's already bought Steamworld. So he's stuck with it, even if Luftrausers would have been the better option, IMO. :p

Spelunky on Vita is fantastic. I play it there sometimes instead of PC. There's totally a daily challenge and it's different from the PC version (the seed for the generation each day).
There is still some slowdown in spots (very rarely though) and it NEEDS to be patched with the PRO HUD... but other than that, it's fantastic.

nampad

It's a decent game, but it's mostly a one and done. There's something addicting to the mining and getting the ore, but once you finish it, I don't really see any replay value. And the core gameplay, while I was addicted, I found overly tiresome after a bit.

Without a doubt, I think Luftrausers is the better game... and this is coming from someone who had 0 interest in Luftrausers based off trying the flash game.

I haven't finished the game yet and just got to
Vectron
. While there is a certain quality to the game that keeps you going, all the gameplay mechanics feel subpar. The mining aspect is tiresome and uninteresting without a crafting aspect. It really is just there to block the progression. The combat is really bad and probably the worse aspect of the game. The platforming isn't fun as well and the Metroidvania part isn't integrated in any worthwhile way at all so far.

Overall, I wouldn't say it is a bad game. It is a solid time waster, not more and not less. I don't think it deserves all the praise it gets and there are certainly many better indie alternatives to be bought on the Vita.

Foxix Von

You call it a glut, but really, there is only SS and toukiden other than RO in the west.
Well I'm still thinking of stuff going forward like freedom wars and backwards compatible stuff like MH which is up on + right now along with Gods Eater.

Of all the stuff out on the horizon or older titles that a person may not have played yet there are still better ways to spend that cash than RO. That and the online multiplayer community for RO is pretty much guaranteed to be a barren wasteland.

Shantom

But 999 is the better game. Missing out on a fantastic game so you can play a slightly worse one (and then missing a whole host of references including, IMO, the best part of VLR) has always seemed to me to be rather silly. Yes, 999 isn't strictly needed to play VLR, but it is required to play 999 before VLR to enjoy 999 fully.

marrec

Banned
But 999 is the better game. Missing out on a fantastic game so you can play a slightly worse one (and then missing a whole host of references including, IMO, the best part of VLR) has always seemed to me to be rather silly. Yes, 999 isn't strictly needed to play VLR, but it is required to play 999 before VLR to enjoy 999 fully.

I'd argue that VLR is better, though the point is debatable. If you don't have a DS then there's not enough incentive in 999 (especially if someone's not interested) to go out and get one just to play 999 as a means to play VLR.

Just play VLR and look up the references you don't get.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I was wondering... Does that Pokemon game work on Vita? Vita has Google Maps app right? Pokemon on an Sony console! MEGATON!

Top Bottom