• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | March 2014

Skyzard

Banned
^ lol thanks! Pure chess too! didn't see that, and was hoping for a complete bundle, thanks again!

hmm it's listed in the ps3 section but says vita in the brackets...and with a non sale price. Says it's on sale until the 10th though

Special offer price valid from 19-03-2014 to 12pm GMT 10-04-2014 (Was: (£9.99 / €12.99

(UK dates)

Glass Rebel

Haven't posted itt in a while due to my (totally deserved) 3 week ban :lol

EU IGC for April is kinda disappointing for me. I'll probably get Mercenary Kings on Steam before I ever buy a PS4, not really interested in Pro Evo 14 or MotoGP, already doubledipped on Hotline Miami last time it was on sale and Sly 4 was just utterly boring and rather ugly from what I played in the demo.

Oh well!

ZeroAKA

There's your problem. Nearly every HDTV I've ever seen delays the audio to match the amount it lags in video, which absolutely destroys rhythm games in particular. There's a workaround in DIVA F, but it requires you to adjust the timing correction to a positive value, which is never optimal. But it's an easy thing to fix - just use any old composite or better multi-out cables (the ones that came with the PS1 and PS2 work fine, I can't remember if PS3s also packed one in) to send analog audio directly to a set of computer speakers (some adapter or other probably required, but nothing Monoprice doesn't have). In the XMB, there's an option to always output audio through the multi-out regardless of how you're getting your video.

Once your audio is completely separated from your TV, you have far fewer variables to account for when dealing with lag - and often the video lag matters less to people than the audio lag in the first place.
Too much work for me, but thanks. I'll just stick to the Vita version.

Please be true.

To be honest, Luftrausers doesn't seem to be worth the price...it seems like an "endless game" (but I might be wrong)

I'm not sure what your issue is? Maybe just that you don't like "endless games"?
Luftrausers gameplay is so solid and challenging and well-designed that I was happy to drop $9 for the PC version the same week after I dropped $8 on the PSN/PS3 version and played about an hour of it.
I'm not good enough at it yet to know if you can "end" a run by killing a blimp -- but I'm wagering that, like Spelunky, that amount of time it will take for me to develop skills in the game to where I'll know if it ends or not will take a good long while.
And like Spelunky, it will NEVER be leaving my Vita's memory card.

That deal unfortunately ended some days ago according to the information I posted.

Unrelated to your post... but you have a Luftrausers avatar. Please educate our friend, above.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I already have 5+ hours on Luftrausers. Game is addicting. On another note, I'm currently playing Remember Me, Lollipop Chainsaw, and KH 1.5 all at the same time. Remember Me is surprisingly good! I'm going to do a LTTP after I finish it.

Tapejara

I (think) I'm in the final stretch of Daganronpa. I hadn't played the game for about a month; but I breezed through chapters three and four in the past two days. It's such a wacky, nonsensical, over-the-top game - and I fucking love it. Really hyped for Danganronpa 2 now.

nampad

Finished Steamworld Dig and my impression doesn't really change. In my opinion it is vastly overrated and solid at best.

Unrelated to your post... but you have a Luftrausers avatar. Please educate our friend, above.

I better do.

To be honest, Luftrausers doesn't seem to be worth the price...it seems like an "endless game" (but I might be wrong)

I don't exactly know what you mean by endless game. If you mean a highscore game, then you are right. I don't get why games like this aren't worth the money though. Some of the best games of all time are made in this fashion, just look at Tetris or many arcade classics.

I get that the content is a little bit lacking. I wish myself that there would be more levels with different enemies and endbosses to compete for high scores.
But Luftrausers does the most important thing right, the gameplay is just ridiculously fun. The core mechanics are simple but getting high scores is challenging and feels rewarding. And while each round may only take some minutes, the game has the 'just one more try' quality that keeps you hooked.

'Endless games' have the quality that they are designed to have 'endless' replayability. Combined with the short rounds, you have the perfect pick up and play game for your handheld and with the games small size you can keep it on your memory card easily.

That's good news. May get it to sway me over until Freedom Wars gets localized.

(1) What the fuck is with Rayman Legends? The Daily Challenges are still borked for me! Fix this shit, Ubi/Sony. It was fine until the last FW update.

(2) While I'm dropping f-bombs, how about we give about 23 to VAGULLION from Ys I. He's an absolute <censored string of cursewords>.

oggob

Just got my new vita today. :) How do I get soundshapes to link up to my other versions so I get that silver trophy rain? Thanks.

Plat through the tutorial unti you get to the main menu, then find the Cloud Save option within the general options settings, synch and then *bling x70+ if you have all the DLC*...

ramyeon

No, you can transfer a lot of your save file over to Delta.
I know you can transfer your save file, but does your progress actually transfer? I know that your level is reset and most of the playthroughs I've seen on YouTube have started over from the beginning. I had assumed it was just offerings and whatnot that transferred. Can't justify finishing off Vanilla if I'll just have to repeat the same stuff again once/if Delta comes out.

I have a Vita for 2 weeks now. The only game I have right now is... Maverick Hunter X. Sorry, I'm a big Mega Man fan. I'm trying to find Persona 4 Golden around here to have something that's not a PSP game though. Next I plan to get Ys Seven (another PSP game) and Ys Memories Of Celceta (my main reason for getting this console). Shame I missed the special edition.

My Vita is not with me right now but I plan to try the Soul Sacrifice demo when I get home. What are the differences between the vanilla one and Delta?

RK128

I have a Vita for 2 weeks now. The only game I have right now is... Maverick Hunter X. Sorry, I'm a big Mega Man fan. I'm trying to find Persona 4 Golden around here to have something that's not a PSP game though. Next I plan to get Ys Seven (another PSP game) and Ys Memories Of Celceta (my main reason for getting this console). Shame I missed the special edition.

My Vita is not with me right now but I plan to try the Soul Sacrifice demo when I get home. What are the differences between the vanilla one and Delta?

Got MHX thanks to plus a few months back and its awesome :); hope you enjoy it. As for Soul Sacrifice Delta, I believe that its is just an SS 1.5, meaning that it includes all the content from the original game alongside new monsters/quests themed around Grimm's Tails (so you have a monster themed around Cinderella, and so on for example). The game has some graphical improvements over the original too (with Delta being native res over the original's sub-native res) and most likely new attacks to play with as well.

If you got PS+, they gave the original game a few months back (I think it was November that was the case for NA and December/January for EU) so if you got it from Plus via web store or your PS3 (if you have one), then give the original a shot. I put....about 5-7 or so hours into the original and had a lot of fun with it, so with Delta rumored to be coming to EU (at least, not sure about US though), you should give it a shot :).

baekshi

Banned
I know you can transfer your save file, but does your progress actually transfer? I know that your level is reset and most of the playthroughs I've seen on YouTube have started over from the beginning. I had assumed it was just offerings and whatnot that transferred. Can't justify finishing off Vanilla if I'll just have to repeat the same stuff again once/if Delta comes out.

you start from where you left off with the story. it doesn't have to be done over.

Top Bottom