• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | October 2014

autoduelist

Please don't do this. I can't begin to think how many times I've had this discussion with people on internet forums :(

Why? I think you and others are misinterpreting my comment. I am not saying it will suddenly sell 10x the copies in the coming month. I am familiar with how sales are generally frontloaded. However, as I stated, when comparing it to other games on that list it only had 3 days worth of sales. It's fair to point that out.

If you casually look at that list, the sales look dwarfed by major franchises like MH and Smash that have millions of sales over many months/years. 12k looks tiny compared to those, and obviously CR will never sell gangbusters. But it could easily be doing as well as Fifa PS3 (4k this week, 20k total, not unreasonable to match for a game that had 12k in 3days). Is that a bomb? Again, without any frame of reference for what a bomb/hit sells in 3 days in Japan, it's hard to know. Especially given it wasn't designed from scratch, but is a port, which makes it cheaper to make and profitable sooner.

I've got no stake in this game. I never played CR, don't care if it's a hit or not. But without frame of reference, it's hard to know what constitutes a bomb for a port with 3 days of sales in a single country. What number did that 12k have to be before someone would say 'fair sales'? 20k? 100k? Seems to me 12k isn't terrible given the specifics. Not a huge hit, certainly, but who expected that? It sold over 3x more than the only other new release on that list, and the only 3 games that beat it that week are massive franchise games that have millions of sales.

EDIT: Buy... Natural Doctrine and Frozen Synapse Prime. Want tactical games on your vita? Support the ones that come out, because both are fantastic.

Benedict

Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles and Silent Hill Origins is PSP only according to PSN EU.
Will it work on Vita if it's downloaded first to PS3?

I guess fucking never...

Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles PSN Europe
Options
REPLIES
VIEWSCREATED 01-08-2014
Alright.
So this game finally arrived on the European PSN, and I was so extremely happy and excited.
Then I noticed, unlike any other PSP game released for download on PSN, this was actually NOT available for the Vita?
They actually released it just for PSP-Go owners?

That is crazy.

I have already contacted Konami Europe who says this is because of SCEE of course...
I tried contacting support, and here is answer:

Playstation
"Thanks for your e-mail about your PlayStation Vita (PS Vita).

I can see from your e-mail that you would like to know why the game Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles is only available for the PlayStation Portable (PSP) and not the PS Vita in PlayStation Store in Europe, even though it is available for PS Vita in the PlayStation Store in the US. I have asked my supervisor about this, and have been informed that this is simply a marketing decision taken by SCEE (Sony Computer Entertainment Europe), which is different from the marketing decisions taken by SCEA (Sony Computer Entertainment America), and that unfortunately there is nothing that we can do about this.

My best advise to you, in this case, would be to register an American Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) account and purchase the game on this account."

Me
"That is actually quite upsetting.
You recomend me to download it on an American account.
It is impossible to transfer between accounts to a Vita as it is locked to only one user.

Come on, just fix the damn game on the European playstation store! It only works on PSP which is a lousy idea by your marketing team. They should be replaced after doing such silly decision.
The psp isnt even produced anymore... "

Playstation
"Thanks for your e-mail about your PlayStation Vita (PS Vita).

Unfortunately, there is nothing we at technical support can do to influence the marketing team's decisions regarding this.

Moreover, you do have the option of resetting your PS Vita by starting it up in Safe Modeby restoring the PS Vita system and formatting the memory card.

WARNING: Please be advised that this will delete all your data from your PS Vita and your memory card, and that you should copy any files that you would like to keep. This is entirely up to you, though"

Me
"For real? Your marketing team actually makes customers have to format their Vita over and over, just to play a game they released only for PSP?
I'm actually quite pissed about this! Forget it, I'm going for an Xbox One. SCEE is a nightmare. "

Playstation
"Thanks for your e-mail about Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE)

I'm sorry if you're unhappy with the support we provided. But as my colleague previously informed you, we are unable to change or influence the marketing teams decision. If you want to give feedback to SCEE , you can do so on the PlayStation forums."

So yeah... This is my feedback to SCEE. Since I can't contact your marketing team, this GOTTA do!
SCEE is still a nightmare.

Can someone please fix this release?

maouvin

On that list of Panopticons available

I'm glad to see that they didn't just pick cities from the US or NA, but also from all around the world. Glad to see Toronto is in, I'll be repping my city (seeing Portugal in there too, having been born there, put a smile on my face too :p)

I'm still puzzled on why they picked Manaus. Nice to have two brazilian panopticons and all that, but I'd imagine we'd get a bigger city for the second panopticon.

twisted89

Anyone else having issues with PSN at the moment? I purchased some warframe platinum from the store which took my money but has lost my platinum and I can't even log into warframe - Login failed. Timed out.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
It's such a great marketing move. The Vitas will fly off the store shelves.
It's so embarrassing when apparently every PSOne classic and PSP game is compatible in Japan.

Also it seems that Dracula X Chronicles is now available for the rest of Europe... not that it means much when it's not Vita compatible.

I finally finished VLR (still have to find some secret files) and holy shit, the twists kept coming.

One thing that bothered me were the many (unneccessary) map displays and door openings, does Danganronpa also have these?

Novocaine

I finally finished VLR (still have to find some secret files) and holy shit, the twists kept coming.

One thing that bothered me were the many (unneccessary) map displays and door openings, does Danganronpa also have these?

No door openings. It has a map for certain areas but you can toggle it on or off.

Come on pix.....

Come on tits!

So I kind of rolled the dice picking up Senran Kagura. I'm for or against the fan service stuff, but I'm actually having fun playing the game, even though it is kind of easy (still yet to try hard missions). I've completed 2 of the schools now and working on the 3rd. Having a lot of fun with it, even despite it being something I would normally skip.

This shit bothers me to no end. I loved Drac X Chronicles on my PSP. I was unhappy when I upgraded to a Go and realized it wasn't available to me digitally. This is pouring salt in an old wound. I'd buy this instantly if it was available to me.

Also 1 week away from Freedom Wars, yay!

And 2 weeks away from Binding of Isaac, MEGA ULTRA YAY!

Toronto/GTAVitaGAF represent.

*VitaBro-Fist*

I'm still puzzled on why they picked Manaus. Nice to have two brazilian panopticons and all that, but I'd imagine we'd get a bigger city for the second panopticon.

I would understand if they put Rio in, might be because I'm not Brazilian just Portuguese, but I have never really seen Manaus come up when people talk about Brazil, so let me apologize for my ignorance :p

Flandy

Anyone know any digital PSN games that can be purchased on Amazon for $7 or under? Have some gift card I need to get rid of

AsfaeksBR

Guys, I need your help.

I bought Shadow Warrior and AC: Freedom Cry on my account and it works fine, but when my brother tried to play it on his account, he couldn't because there was a lock at the side of the "Play" button.

Not my picture, but it's just like this:
1NEfueh.jpg

This didn't happen in the PS3, IIRC. Why is this happening?

Guys, I need your help.

I bought Shadow Warrior and AC: Freedom Cry on my account and it works fine, but when my brother tried to play it on his account, he couldn't because there was a lock at the side of the "Play" button.

If those aren't game share restrictions that the publisher put in, or that's normal on PS4 (I don't know, don't own one), then maybe there's some parental control setting turned on?

Andvary

Guys, I need your help.

Same console right?

Make sure your PS4 is activated as Primary PS4 from your account.

Is Shadow Warrior a must? Is it a good port running at decent resolution and a rock-solid 30fps framerate? Fan of the original game. Enjoyed the latest Wolfenstein.

ZeroAKA

Guys, I need your help.

Did you activate your system as primary PS4? If so, try restoring the license in your PSN settings.

AsfaeksBR

Same console right?

Make sure your PS4 is activated as Primary PS4 from your account.

Ok, I know what's wrong now.
I bought the PS4 friday and activated it as my primary account. It broke Saturday. It simply didn't turn on. Now I have a new one, but I think the other one is still active as my "Primary PS4". How do I fix that?

Andvary

Ok, I know what's wrong now.
I bought the PS4 friday and activated it as my primary account. It broke Saturday. It simply didn't turn on. Now I have a new one, but I think the other one is still active as my "Primary PS4". How do I fix that?

From http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/activation.html

You can also deactivate all activated systems for each content type from the following website.
http://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/
Select [Deactivate All] under [Account] > [Media and Devices] for the type of content for which you want to deactivate all activated systems.

AsfaeksBR

Ok, found this Article on Sony Support teaching ow to deactivate ALL Systems from my account.

But my question is: If I deactivate them all now, will I be able to re-activate my PS3 and new PS4 with my account again?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Ok, found this Article on Sony Support teaching ow to deactivate ALL Systems from my account.

But my question is: If I deactivate them all now, will I be able to re-activate my PS3 and new PS4 with my account again?

Yes. And note that you can only deactivate all once every few months, it may be six months.

What is going on with 64GB memory cards?

I've had people tweet, message, post or just outright say to me "My 64GB card just stopped working, first it was giving me 'Game corrupted' errors and then just stopped working completely, do you know how to fix them?" on about 10 occasions in the last 6 weeks.

That seems like an awfully big number considering I've never heard of any other memory cards for Vita crapping out other than 32GB ones due to that effed up update not long ago (and IIRC they fixed that with another update).

Yes, 6 months.

Ok, I did it and now it works perfectly. My brother can play the game without a problem.
Thanks a lot, guys!

Does this work for all accounts, or does it need to be a subaccount? My roommate bought Shadow of Mordor, and I can play it on his account, but it's locked on mine. Is there anything I can do about that?

Shizuka

I've had people tweet, message, post or just outright say to me "My 64GB card just stopped working, first it was giving me 'Game corrupted' errors and then just stopped working completely, do you know how to fix them?" on about 10 occasions in the last 6 weeks.

That seems like an awfully big number considering I've never heard of any other memory cards for Vita crapping out other than 32GB ones due to that effed up update not long ago (and IIRC they fixed that with another update).

Should I make a backup?

AsfaeksBR

Does this work for all accounts, or does it need to be a subaccount? My roommate bought Shadow of Mordor, and I can play it on his account, but it's locked on mine. Is there anything I can do about that?

Well, my PS4 has mine and my brother's account. I deactivated the device from my account, re-activated it as my Primary PS4 and now the games works both for mine and my brothers account. So I guess it works for all accounts!

wilflare

Playing Race The Sun and it is really good.

This game is like an endless runner in 3D. Object is to avoid obstacles as long as you can. Really good in short bursts as the levels change daily. Gets a little deeper with powerups and special abilities but this isn't something you will play for hours. Progress is though a set of challenges. I think this game is more at home on the Vita with its quick play and the sticks seem more responsive and tuned on Vita than PS4. Vita version takes a bit to load but runs smooth with a very noticeable hit in detail. Can get frustrating and sometimes you get screwed by the environment in unavoidable no out paths unless you have a jump left. Very addicting.

Vita screenshot as I couldn't find one anywhere else:
g5N6Ema.jpg

I'm rather surprised by how polished this game is on the Vita. it's gonna be my new staple while commuting

autoduelist

That sounds more like boilerplate than actual responses. It looks like they likely default to 'marketing decision' since the actual reason is likely not something they're allowed to just tell people over email. My wife works for a non-gaming company that has a huge customer service team, and they are forced to give those types of 'non-answers' all the time to questions they aren't allowed to actually answer. For example, if the fault is with Konami, they do not want a low level customer service rep blaming another company - they simple have their hands tied and can not answer the question. It's easier just to take the blame and give a non-answer than risk CS reps saying something they shouldn't.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure it's not a widespread problem but I guess I'll keep sticking with my 32GB. I'd imagine the warranty on 64GB cards is also ineffective outside of Japan.

maouvin

I'm sure it's not a widespread problem but I guess I'll keep sticking with my 32GB. I'd imagine the warranty on 64GB cards is also ineffective outside of Japan.

Same. I asked a friend to bring me one, but will hold until next year.
It's probably a bad batch or something.

Top Bottom