• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | October 2014

SerTapTap

Has anyone else had this problem? Does the PS4 not allow some downloaded games to be played across different accounts from the same console? We're totally confused...

Do you have just one PS4? If you set it to be the primary console for both users it should be no problem for anyone. Though the no inputs thing sounds weird, I'm not sure that's a standard result of permissions things.It just shouldn't launch without a sign-in. Is she the primary controller BTW? Some games only let player 1 operate menus and player 2+ only control ingame stuff. Others let anyone move in menus.

Crazy, those PSX imports that were delisted are coming back.
And Vita support too it seems.

http://www.psnstores.com/2014/10/ri...-other-psone-archives-return-to-psn-in-japan/

Digital licensing rights are terrible. Glad the games are back

Same... Vita monopolizes my playtime and buying. The day the last NA physical Vita game gets released, I'll finally be free :p

...but I'll still have a backlog.
Tell me about it...been racking up the vita hours with fs:p, Minecraft, natural doctrine, and ffx hd. My ps4 is sitting in the corner with a cardboard sign saying "will play games for food"

SerTapTap

I see that we have western acknowledgement of a Vita version too. This game caught my interest when it was announced for PS3. Depending on how it performs and looks on Vita, I would like to try it out.

Should be fine on Vita but you never know until it's out. Looking forward to playing it on PS4, sad I apparently missed a $3 sale, definitely would have grabbed it. Been waiting for the PS4 release

Cheddahz

Banned
Random question, but is Lumines: Electronic Symphony any fun? The soundtrack for it seems dope, but I've never played a Lumines game before

SerTapTap

Speaking of PS3 ports. Have we heard anything about the PS4 version of Journey in a while?

It was last mentioned in the same breath as this in it's announcement for PS4, best I can recall. They'd have mentioned Journey if it were going to release next week, but I suspect it'll release before the end of the year.

Armature is handling the port, so it should be fine, right?

That said, I still don't know if I'd like this game.

PS3 has a demo. Beautiful idea though I can see some not liking it due to artiness. Very well made though and quite fun just to mess around in, it's a lovely little world. Hope it has Morpheus support later on.

Takao

Banned
Roomate ~Inoue Ryouko~ was just put up on JPSN as a PS1 classic and is listed as being Vita screenshot compatible. Is that a first?

It's also one of the few Vita-exclusive PSone games thanks to PocketStation.

Do you know how that game takes screenshots? Is it through Vita's native ability (PS button + start) or via emulator options like Klonoa?

Kind of an odd question, but I have a digital copy of PSABR for Vita (thanks to cross-buy) but have inherited a physical copy from a friend. I'm planning on uninstalling the digital version just to free up another 1.5GB or so on my memory card.

Is there anything I need to do to copy saves across or anything? Or am I gonna have to start from scratch unlocking costumes and victory poses and stuff on the physical copy?

I think you need to upload your saves to the cloud via PS+.

KalBalboa

Banned
$15 for a two-year old game with no new content is expensive.

It comes with two new versions of the game, one of which is a 1080p/60fps remaster.

At any rate, $15 isn't a great deal of money. I'm pumped I get the PS4/Vita versions as free bonuses for owning the PS3 original. Got to love that grandfathering cross-buy.

autoduelist

My bigger problem is with the "3 days worth of sales" bit of your argument (it's actually 4 days, the same as any other game - more on that in a sec).
SNIP

I can see where that would be annoying, especially if you're dealing with someone delusional who hopes beyond hope a game will be a hit and clings to any last detail. However, I have zero cares about CR; I was solely mentioning it because in that specific list, it was 12k vs massive franchises with long tails, yet still managed 4th place.

The sell through rate (which wasn't in that list, or else, I didn't see it) is definitely far more damning.

I'm curious if ports have slightly different sales patterns than exclusives? More of a 'I'll get it when I get it' attitude vs. a 'need it day 1' attitude?

Valkyria

Banned
Hey VitaGaf:

LcLQ8PU.jpg

Strike

Random question, but is Lumines: Electronic Symphony any fun? The soundtrack for it seems dope, but I've never played a Lumines game before
Just played it for the first time last month and I put over 40 hours into it. It's fun and addicting. Very easy to get into (but difficult to master). Give it a shot.

Why the heck are the PSX GTA games still not available? Is it something with DMA Design, the original company? I want these classics on my Vita, to complete my GTA collection!! Not fair :( Also I had *no* idea there were two London GTAs....1961 and 1969. This is why we need them! TO relive classics such as these!

Random question, and I could likely find the answer through searching, but I'm lazy. I believe the answer to the upcoming question is "NO", but I have to ask. Can the Neo Geo classics be played on Vita/PSP?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Why the heck are the PSX GTA games still not available? Is it something with DMA Design, the original company? I want these classics on my Vita, to complete my GTA collection!! Not fair :( Also I had *no* idea there were two London GTAs....1961 and 1969. This is why we need them! TO relive classics such as these!

You know the weirdest thing? GTA1 for PSX is available on PSN...in Japan.

SerTapTap

You know the weirdest thing? GTA1 for PSX is available on PSN...in Japan.

Does Japan buy these en-masse (these as in PS1 classics) or something? I can't think of another reason japanese support for PS1 classics would be so crazy much better for what is, per capita, a smaller market.

Heel

Octodad is a cool little game (or interactive toy, even). Worth a look at the current sale price for sure. I especially liked the two shorts they've added. They were 20-25 minutes each for me.

The main game is best played in similar sized chunks, IMO. Playing too long makes the controls frustrating when they're actually the fun of the game.

carlos

but the harvey birdman ace attorney clone isn't on psn

that was actually a surprisingly good game!

anyway, so my launch day ps4 has been having issues with the hdmi output since day one (the sound is distorted). It's not due to the cable, it works correctly maybe 40% of the time. It has also shut down for no reason maybe 5 or so times during the year.

seeing as how the one year warranty will soon expire, I ask you, sonygaf, should I get it replaced, or with my luck will I get stuck with an even worse replacement?

jpatez34

Neo Member
As I can't create threads yet, I thought I would ask this question here.

Tomorrow I'm giving in to the hype and picking up a White Glacier PS4 with the Steelbook Version of Driveclub, I'm also planning to get The Last Of Us: Remastered as well.

My question to you guys is:

What PSN games should I look into? I'm already planning on joining PS+ and downloading this months free games but what else is out there I should be playing?

Thanks muchly!

Top Bottom