• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | October 2014

SerTapTap

How does Demon Gaze look on PS TV, anyone know? I assume it's all native res 2D? Native res 2D seems to work pretty near perfect with the scaler. Been keeping an eye on sales for Demon Gaze. I think there have been none in the US though...might just buy a cart

So I finally got around to playing Left Behind on TLoU: Remastered and my jaw is on the ground. How is Naughty Dog so good at character interaction!? That's how you do a DLC boys and girls.

Was really great, though I felt like a dumbass trying to find all the interactive bits in the costume store. Was a nice excuse to pick up the PS4 version too, hadn't done any DLC yet on the PS3 version.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Was really great, though I felt like a dumbass trying to find all the interactive bits in the costume store. Was a nice excuse to pick up the PS4 version too, hadn't done any DLC yet on the PS3 version.

All the little interactables throughout help strengthen the care you feel for the girls so when the inevitable happens, you still feel that surprise and shock. The last 5-10 minutes were godlike. I'm still gushing over it lol. Makes the wait for Uncharted 4 unbearable. o.o

Shizuka

How does Demon Gaze look on PS TV, anyone know? I assume it's all native res 2D? Native res 2D seems to work pretty near perfect with the scaler. Been keeping an eye on sales for Demon Gaze. I think there have been none in the US though...might just buy a cart

Does it work with the PS TV? Because if it does, it must look amazing.

antibolo

Banned
http://xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/100846521120/xseed-blog-akibas-trip-undead-undressed-ps4

This article has convinced me to wait for the PS4 version of Akiba's Trip.

I have the Asian release of Demon Gaze Global Edition (for the uncensored boxart lol). Looks fine on my PSTV, not sure what exactly you're asking for, it's still limited to the Vita resolution just like every other Vita game running on the PSTV.

SerTapTap

http://xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/100846521120/xseed-blog-akibas-trip-undead-undressed-ps4

This article has convinced me to wait for the PS4 version of Akiba's Trip.

Sounds pretty solid. lol @ the image after the signature. Good to know they didn't half ass the PS4 port--would like more info about IQ though, I'd love for budget anime style games to start using proper AA this gen, I have a lot of jaggy PS3 and 360 stuff.

I have the Asian release of Demon Gaze Global Edition (for the uncensored boxart lol). Looks fine on my PSTV, not sure what exactly you're asking for, it's still limited to the Vita resolution just like every other Vita game running on the PSTV.

I was honestly thinking about the boxart, such a lame edit. Won't be buying twice or getting an asian version sight-unseen though, I still haven't actually played it.

And just asking for general impressions, my limited experience is native 2D art looks pretty great, but I've only played a few games on it, and still have the Vita to play it on if there's some reason to prefer it.

I would assume its the NEAR compatibility which really is only to share your stats with those around your location.

Totally forgot Near existed. That and Streetpass are such "japanese" features, by which I mean in a moderately sized US town I get absolutely no hits on either service.

Garraboa

I felt like doing a list of incompatible PSP games on Vita (cuz why not, I'm damn bored)

Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Plus
Midway Arcade Treasures: Extended Play
ModNation Racers PSP
MotorStorm: Arctic Edge
Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron
Super Monkey Ball Adventure
Syphon Filter: Combat Ops
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror
Thexder Neo
Twisted Metal: Head-On
WipEout Pure

As usual, taken from here.I think Platypus and Phantasy Star Portable 2 have been removed from the store. And Fat Princess, Modnation and Motorstorm should work on PSTV, but I haven't seen any claims that they do anywhere.

SerTapTap

I felt like doing a list of incompatible PSP games on Vita (cuz why not, I'm damn bored)

ModNation Racers PSP
WipEout Pure

As usual, taken from here.I think Platypus, Phantasy Star Portable 2 and Thexder Neo have been removed from the store. And Fat Princess, Modnation and Motorstorm should work on PSTV, but I haven't seen any claims that they do anywhere.

Was not expecting so many first party IPs in that list, eesh.

killatopak

Sorry i heard everyone's advice and stopped watching at the first arc lol.

EDIT:
but i remember looking at an episode where Kirito enters a tower full of angel like enemies that beat him badly and dying seemed a serious issue in fact his sister risks her life to save him before a death counter ends.

His sister rushed out to revive him because Kirito as a Spriggan cannot save his respawn point in the city but can only do so on a Spriggan City. If he died then he has to start his journey again and it would be bad because not only will he waste time but there's also a chance he might be lost which will also waste time. This is with him rushing because Asuna is
gonna be forced sleep married to some fucktard who owns the game company

His sister rushed out to revive him because Kirito as a Spriggan cannot save his respawn point in the city but can only do so on a Spriggan City. If he died then he has to start his journey again and it would be bad because not only will he waste time but there's also a chance he might be lost which will also waste time. This is with him rushing because Asuna is
gonna be forced sleep married to some fucktard who owns the game company

I knew there was a reason I stopped watching.
Seriously, that sounds completely mental

bobawesome

It's ok. I love all my children.

2173.gif

...he's right behind me, isn't he?

So apparently it's not the streaming thing that ended.

It's the whole Kyoutou Gakuen campaign. And the Kyoutou Guild app that was supposed to come to both the smartphones and Vita never released on Vita. That app's service will end soon.

And to think that the entire purpose of the Kyoutou Guild app is for Vita games. @_@

Sony should have chosen to develop games on another genre. Since you know, the Vita isn't exactly lacking of hunting games. >__>

It's the whole Kyoutou Gakuen campaign. And the Kyoutou Guild app that was supposed to come to both the smartphones and Vita never released on Vita. That app's service will end soon.

And to think that the entire purpose of the Kyoutou Guild app is for Vita games. @_@

Sony should have chosen to develop games on another genre. Since you know, the Vita isn't exactly lacking of hunting games. >__>

Wait what? What is the Kyoutou Gakuen campaign? is this relating to Soul Sacrifice?

Tizoc

ModNation Racers PSP
WipEout Pure

As usual, taken from here.I think Platypus, Phantasy Star Portable 2 and Thexder Neo have been removed from the store. And Fat Princess, Modnation and Motorstorm should work on PSTV, but I haven't seen any claims that they do anywhere.

Thexder Neo is still on US PSN.
Als Syphon Filter DM is available on US PSN as a bundle if you search for it. It also shows Vita compatl IIRC.

Garraboa

Thexder Neo is still on US PSN.
Als Syphon Filter DM is available on US PSN as a bundle if you search for it. It also shows Vita compatl IIRC.

You're right, Thexder's still there. I'll add it back.

And DM only available as a bundle? WTF? But I don't think it's Vita compatible.

bundle.png~original

Tizoc

GAF I can't take this anymore I'm in a platformer mood and want to play the Crash and Spyro games on my Vita...Damn you licenses...

I should start Luigi's Mansion 2 soon to compensate

You're right, Thexder's still there. I'll add it back.

And DM only available as a bundle? WTF? But I don't think it's Vita compatible.

bundle.png~original

Begs the question on if it is PS3 transf. ;)

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
GAF I can't take this anymore I'm in a platformer mood and want to play the Crash and Spyro games on my Vita...Damn you licenses...

Luigi's mansion 2 is not a platformer though.

Garraboa

Is it? It'd be kind of neat if some of these titles got stealth PS3-Transfer compatibile. A thought crossed on my mind to spend the last $15 I had on the TM:HO & Motorstorm bundle, but I didn't want to be the guinea pig to find out :V

And yeah, it sucks about this compatibility mess still being a "thing", more than 2 years after the PSV launch. It's maddening, I gotta find new ways to vent my frustration.

Takao

Banned
PlayStation Store Sneak Peek: October 28th 2014

Demos
Blood of the Werewolf (PS3)
Deadfall Adventures: Heart of Atlantis (PS3)

PS4 Games
Battle Islands
Costume Quest 2
Home
#KillAllZombies
Lords of the Fallen
NBA Live 15
Singstar
The Unfinished Swan

PS3 Games
Blood of the Werewolf
Costume Quest 2
Deadfall Adventures: Heart of Atlantis
MX Vs. ATV: Supercross
Singstar
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Danger of the Ooze
Tiny Troopers Joint Ops
WWE 2K15

Vita Games
Freedom Wars
Poltergeist: A Pixelated Horror
The Unfinished Swan
Tiny Troopers Joint Ops

#ripsvita
#thanksyosp
#moritanovita

cyborg009

Banned

I not sure what genre could have done better?
Dating sims lol

But its a shame SCEA or SCEE didn't do a campaign like this one. I mean they could have done livestream but apparently no one in SCEA has a Vita device that can livestream.
I'm serious

Takao

Banned
SCEA hasn't heard of Ad-hoc play anyway. Did you see that Minecraft vid? No mention of that. If I was a kid into Minecraft that owned a Vita, that could've been huge during recess.

Shun

Did anyone buy a PS4 recently? If so, does anyone have a spare 30-day trial for PS+ from their bundle or any other kind of PS+ trial for first time members.

I haven't tried or bought PS+ yet from the NA store and I wanted to try it out before I make a long term commitment to it.
I also want to take advantage of the sales.

I know there's a 14 day trial on the site, but I'd rather not throw up my debit/credit info up on there.

Lemstar

Did anyone buy a PS4 recently? If so, does anyone have a spare 30-day trial for PS+ from their bundle or any other kind of PS+ trial for first time members.

I haven't tried or bought PS+ yet from the NA store and I wanted to try it out before I make a long term commitment to it.
I also want to take advantage of the sales.

I know there's a 14 day trial on the site, but I'd rather not throw up my debit/credit info up on there.
You'll need a credit card on your account to activate a trial code anyway. Just delete your payment info as soon as you're done.

Benedict

ModNation Racers PSP
Thexder Neo
WipEout Pure

As usual, taken from here.I think Platypus and Phantasy Star Portable 2 have been removed from the store. And Fat Princess, Modnation and Motorstorm should work on PSTV, but I haven't seen any claims that they do anywhere.

You can add Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles and Silent Hill Origins as well. Pursuit Force Extreme Justice won't work either.
Tried directly from Vita store and through PS3

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I doubt this is the right section but is the NA PS4 autovoltage? Meaning I can plug it into a 220v socket.

Tizoc

You can add Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles and Silent Hill Origins as well. Pursuit Force Extreme Justice won't work either.
Tried directly from Vita store and through PS3

The games you listed apply to EU PSN only. At least DXC is directly downloadable to Vita.

killatopak

I doubt this is the right section but is the NA PS4 autovoltage? Meaning I can plug it into a 220v socket.

Yes you can but not officially.

iFixit lists the the power supply as capable of 110v-220v however the official Sony statement says it can only use 110v.

There are some people who used 220v and it works but I fear there might be some warranty issues if you use 110v. Personally, I'd use 110v just to be safe.

Edit: If it doesn't bother you using 220v then just use a power adapter. No need for a converter.

I just completed Danganronpa. What a ride that was, especially toward the end when it was laying down all manner of twists and reveals. Quite a few loose ends though. Don't know if they were left deliberately up in the air or if they're going to be addressed in the follow-up.

Anyway, really got to hand it to the man who stole the show, this broham right here...

5(78).png

Dude was the source of many many laughs. I'm (big spoiler)
so glad he wasn't murdered or one of the blackened, 'cos I was rooting for him by chapter 3 onwards and was dreading he would be killed off somehow. It was a relief to see him among the survivors.

And as an aside, I'm really grateful that the game had both a Japanese audio option and a protagonist in a visual novel who wasn't silent, but just as much of a character as the rest of the cast. That did a lot to win me over. Now I've got a wrapped up copy of the sequel that's been sitting on my shelf since release day, and I don't know whether to jump straight in or take a little break from Monokuma & Co. for the time being. The first one was a long game, so it might feel a little excessive to go through another onslaught of despair so soon after.
I knew you had a good taste, Hiro haters be damned.

Laws00

I finally got a PS vita hur rah!

Thing is ive run into problems

I got borderlands bundle

firstime i installed it it wouldnt work

ok fair enough

installed it on my ps3 and put it on my vita. update it works

next day go to play the game, it will not work and gives me error code C0-11474-7 and tells me to install the game again.

if this the future of digital games i dont want a part of it

killatopak

I finally got a PS vita hur rah!

Thing is ive run into problems

I got borderlands bundle

firstime i installed it it wouldnt work

ok fair enough

installed it on my ps3 and put it on my vita. update it works

next day go to play the game, it will not work and gives me error code C0-11474-7 and tells me to install the game again.

if this the future of digital games i dont want a part of it

Is your game a retail physical copy? If so,

Try this: Turn off the system, remove the game, reinsert the game, turn on the system. Try this a few times. If it doesn't work, I'd advise you to return the game to your retailer.

Soft copy?
Try turning off your Vita. Turning it on safe mode then rebuild/restore database.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Freedom Wars heating up in Singapore at GameStart Asia.

B0xxlusCAAMk_Mf.jpg

I was playing that just now lol. Bad demo imo. It is a rescue the hostages type of stage, pretty boring. A demo fighting a major boss fight will probably be more exciting.

Daigo was also at GameStart, and there was a competition to beat him at ultra Street fighter 4 for the prize of a Ps4. Nobody who went up on stage won the prize lol.

killatopak

I was playing that just now lol. Bad demo imo. It is a rescue the hostages type of stage, pretty boring. A demo fighting a major boss fight will probably be more exciting.

Daigo was also at GameStart, and there was a competition to beat him at ultra Street fighter 4 for the prize of a Ps4. Nobody who went up on stage won the prize lol.

No PVP demo?

To be fair, it's freaking Daigo.

Top Bottom