• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | October 2014

incpdo

Eh Freedom Wars was not well received in Japan and definitely did not create an MH effect for Vita. The only thing at this point that could do that would probably be MH5 itself.

Personally the PSP/DS were never about Sony or Nintendo first party titles for me so in that regard the Vita has done amazingly well as a true successor to the PSP with the wealth of 3rd party support it's received. Certain genres perform better on Vita than 3DS and honestly despite the smaller userbase developers can still sell as many units as they probably reasonably could've hoped to on another platform (Vita versions of crossplatform titles also consistently beat their PS3 counterparts). Basically releasing a game on the Vita can still be profitable despite its current "situation".

Well reviews are generally based on a press copy of the game , without patches and all, so if the game had bad reviews theres no going back. But in the West the reviews are between 7.5 to 9 as far as i know, which is not bad at all and i beleive thats not a bad reception. Also the game selling so well even when is a hyped situation is good publicity. I think most of the damage was fixed. Lets see on western seas how this will continue.

autoduelist

Edit: Lol, I wrote out a reply to your post but I must have accidentally deleted it when I was writing the reply to Duster below.

Your response somehow got embedded into the 'quote' of my post.

Don't believe the bullshits, wasn't the PSP full of "AAA"(handhelds-scale) games?
Do you think that people wouldn't throw money for games like Dissidia 3, Crisis Core 2, Type 1 or even Fallout 4, GTA 6, or even Uncharted Golden Abyss, Wipeout 2048 etc on 3ds or IOS?

None of that matters, though. It doesn't matter what I (or you) think Game X,Y, or Z might have sold, because the games they did try (Killzone, Tearaway, CoD, Assassin's Creed, Uncharted, Wipeout, etc) didn't move the handheld off shelves.

At some point, they had to realize (and did) that no matter how they (and we) wished differently, putting money into developing those games was not worthwhile. It's a sane business decision to stop producing them, and to focus on what sells. It's not what many of us might want, but they certainly didn't abandon the Vita... they just found it's niche. Unfortunately... it's niche.

Tizoc

Someone provide a list of non-Vita compatible PSX and PSP games on US PSN, even with PS3 transfer please?

I know of the following ATM-
Crash Trilogy+CTR
Spyro trilogy
Sim Theme Park
Bloody Roar 2
Future Cop LAPD

incpdo

None of that matters, though. It doesn't matter what I (or you) think Game X,Y, or Z might have sold, because the games they did try (Killzone, Tearaway, CoD, Assassin's Creed, Uncharted, Wipeout, etc) didn't move the handheld off shelves.

At some point, they had to realize (and did) that no matter how they (and we) wished differently, putting money into developing those games was not worthwhile. It's a sane business decision to stop producing them, and to focus on what sells. It's not what many of us might want, but they certainly didn't abandon the Vita... they just found it's niche. Unfortunately... it's niche.
well niche is what keeps Vita alive so, idk if its unfortunate. I think is fortunately in japan and for the ones like me who likes niche. In any case the game industry is really weird these days.

delSai

Someone provide a list of non-Vita compatible PSX and PSP games, even with PS3 transfer please?

Crash Trilogy+CTR
Spyro trilogy
Sim Theme Park
Bloody Roar 2
Future Cop LAPD

Bloody Roar 2 is in the Store?? Oh crap i need to buy that

Kalor

Someone provide a list of non-Vita compatible PSX and PSP games, even with PS3 transfer please?

Crash Trilogy+CTR
Spyro trilogy
Sim Theme Park
Bloody Roar 2
Future Cop LAPD
Spyro and Crash both work on the Vita as I was playing them recently. It could be some weird region difference.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How long do Nippon-yasan take to deliver PSN cards by email? Been a few hours since getting the order confirmation..

Garraboa

Crash Trilogy+CTR
Spyro trilogy
Sim Theme Park
Bloody Roar 2
Future Cop LAPD

PS1:
Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare
Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
Bloody Roar
Bloody Roar 2
Bomberman: Fantasy Race
Command & Conquer
Command & Conquer: Red Alert
Command & Conquer: Red Alert: Retaliation
Crash Bandicoot
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
Crash Bandicoot: Warped
Crash Team Racing
Future Cop: LAPD
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Myst
Pocket Fighter
Sim Theme Park
Spyro The Dragon
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage
Spyro: Year of the Dragon
Star Wars Dark Forces
Vehicle Cavalier

PSP:
Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Plus
Midway Arcade Treasures: Extended Play
ModNation Racers PSP
MotorStorm: Arctic Edge
Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron
Super Monkey Ball Adventure
Syphon Filter: Combat Ops
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror
Thexder Neo
Twisted Metal: Head-On
WipEout Pure

There are more incompatible games, but these are set in stone, positively, definetly incompatible.

Dsyndrome

Crash Trilogy+CTR
Spyro trilogy
Sim Theme Park
Bloody Roar 2
Future Cop LAPD

MGS: Portable Ops and Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen, although I got both on my Vita when they glitched their network.

Benedict

I think we should assume everybody is from EU, it's simpler that way.

Edit:
Castlevania X Chronicles and Silent Hill Origins doesn't work on my Vita

What's the deal with getting the Vita version of Minecraft for $5 if you have the PS4 version? It shows $19.99 for me, and a CS rep told me that it is only $5 if you have the PS3 version.

Garraboa

I think we should assume everybody is from EU, it's simpler that way.

Edit:
Castlevania X Chronicles and Silent Hill Origins doesn't work on my Vita

That makes me wonder, what games are incompatible in EU? I've never seen someone make a list, but you guys can download Crash, Spyro, Portable Ops and many other games we've never had a chance to get until the glitch. It's only when Dracula X came out that I noticed there were incompatible games in EU.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
What's the deal with getting the Vita version of Minecraft for $5 if you have the PS4 version? It shows $19.99 for me, and a CS rep told me that it is only $5 if you have the PS3 version.
There's no such thing. It's only PS3/Vita -> PS4, not the other way. So if you only own the PS4 version, you have to pay full price for the PS3/Vita Version again.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

You didn't get the point again.

Those games would have sold well on 3ds and IOS because these platforms are considered "healthy" platforms, Vita is considered with an uncertain future, it doesn't matter the scale or the type of games are on it because people are afraid to waste their money on a product they consider close to death.

Is it clear now?

People doesn't want AAA games on handheld? Even smartphones are getting almost AAA games, if Deus Ex: the fall was for Vita instead of IOS wouldn't have been considered a big game? Being IOS ports of old big games(like XCom, Bioshock, GTA games, PC rpgs etc) make the games themselves less big because of that? I don't think so.

Sony should have shown confidence, should have convinced people that there's nothing to worry, should have made Vita ads with lots of games, should have took the right amount of time and shown lots of games at e3 and shouldn't have said that they were stopping first party support even if true.

Not doing those things is what killed Vita's potential imo.

bobawesome

A bit of an odd question, but does anyone know where I can find spare game card and accessory covers for the Vita 1000 model that are in new or like-new condition? I've searched around and haven't had any luck. Ebay is a bit of a crapshoot...I ordered a set last year and they were in worse condition than the ones I was trying to replace.

Ah thanks :D.

It was never announced for Europe. And I have a feeling that Arc System Works doesn't want to release the Vita version(s) :/ (Arc System Works are like Atlus. They don't "like" Europe :/).

Thanks a lot for the answer, yes I was referring about the Vita versions, it is so disappointing, I can get the physical edition of BlazBlue CP from US but still I will miss the DLC characters, what a bumnmer.

Tizoc

Bloody Roar 2 is in the Store?? Oh crap i need to buy that

So is Bloody Roar 1 if you're interested in that ;P

PS1:
Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare
Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
Bloody Roar
Bloody Roar 2
Bomberman: Fantasy Race
Command & Conquer
Command & Conquer: Red Alert
Command & Conquer: Red Alert: Retaliation
Crash Bandicoot
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
Crash Bandicoot: Warped
Crash Team Racing
Future Cop: LAPD
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Myst
Pocket Fighter
Sim Theme Park
Spyro The Dragon
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage
Spyro: Year of the Dragon
Star Wars Dark Forces
Vehicle Cavalier

PSP:
Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Plus
Midway Arcade Treasures: Extended Play
ModNation Racers PSP
MotorStorm: Arctic Edge
Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron
Super Monkey Ball Adventure
Syphon Filter: Combat Ops
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror
Thexder Neo
Twisted Metal: Head-On
WipEout Pure

There are more incompatible games, but these are set in stone, positively, definetly incompatible.
Thank you, which of these have good SP campaigns, and is the PSX ver. of Blood Omen good?

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
It was compatible for a brief period of time. Wololo managed to make it one of the first exploit games. SCEA removed it and never made it compatible again.
I see, weird that the European version got reinstated but not the US version.

In other news; Z.H.P. seems to be purchaseable/downloadable in the European store again.

Garraboa

So is Bloody Roar 1 if you're interested in that ;P

Thank you, which of these have good SP campaigns, and is the PSX ver. of Blood Omen good?

From what I played Blood Omen is a good port. It doesn't rely on a mouse interface like the C&C PS1 ports, so it has that going for it.

All the Crash and Spyro games are a given, and Future Cop is mindless fun as well. It certainly controls better on a PS3 than on Vita.

For PSP games MGS, Motorstorm, the Syphon Filer games and Twisted Metal all offer really good campaigns. IMO they definetly can stand on their own as single player experiences.

Wipeout Pure is really good too, but if you want the definitive version, get the EU version as it has additional DLC tracks (for free!) that aren't available in the NA version. Or you can get Wipeout Pulse, which is compatible on Vita.

NewDust

Source? Everywhere I've read says it is cross buy.

Has it actually been denied yet? That's really weird, I had assumed it'd be a given : Good thing I have no problem paying out for what will likely be hundreds of hours of gameplay.

http://tyrod.com/post/101208511459/if-i-get-rebirth-on-my-ps4-with-playstation-plus-do-i

This is from Tyrone Rodriguez, founder of Nicalis. Apparantly it changed. First was stated it wasn't cross-buy, but this time I am happyly mistaken.

Tizoc

From what I played Blood Omen is a good port. It doesn't rely on a mouse interface like the C&C PS1 ports, so it has that going for it.

All the Crash and Spyro games are a given, and Future Cop is mindless fun as well. It certainly controls better on a PS3 than on Vita.

For PSP games MGS, Motorstorm, the Syphon Filer games and Twisted Metal all offer really good campaigns. IMO they definetly can stand on their own as single player experiences.

Wipeout Pure is really good too, but if you want the definitive version, get the EU version as it has additional DLC tracks (for free!) that aren't available in the NA version. Or you can get Wipeout Pulse, which is compatible on Vita.

Thanks for the impressions =)

autoduelist

well niche is what keeps Vita alive so, idk if its unfortunate. I think is fortunately in japan and for the ones like me who likes niche. In any case the game industry is really weird these days.

Oh, I love niche. And I love my vita. And that's sort of my point -- niche (be it indies or localizations) is how Sony 'saved' the Vita, at least for those of us already in the fold. But niche can't reach the numbers Sony hoped for with Vita. I only called it 'unfortunate' because, in theory, a successful device will get both AAA and niche games.

I think I just take exception to the idea that Sony 'gave up' on the Vita. It's the marketplace that gave up on the Vita. It's Sony that resurrected it as a niche device by going after indies and using other non-traditional methods, and without people like Shahid we wouldn't be getting new releases every week (and 5 games on ps+ this month!).

RalchAC

Oh, I love niche. And I love my vita. And that's sort of my point -- niche (be it indies or localizations) is how Sony 'saved' the Vita, at least for those of us already in the fold. But niche can't reach the numbers Sony hoped for with Vita. I only called it 'unfortunate' because, in theory, a successful device will get both AAA and niche games.

I think I just take exception to the idea that Sony 'gave up' on the Vita. It's the marketplace that gave up on the Vita. It's Sony that resurrected it as a niche device by going after indies and using other non-traditional methods, and without people like Shahid we wouldn't be getting new releases every week (and 5 games on ps+ this month!).

I think that part of the problem is that Sony had "ready" 2012 and was hoping for 3Rd parties to get on board and carry the system while they focused their resources on the Ps4. Just like they actively got games for the system in Japan for 2013 and 2014 (from both first and third parties) and have a more passive stance now while they focus on the Ps4.

Going from 2012 to H1 2013 there was a huge drop. That could be one of the reasons why that happened.

SerTapTap

I take back everything bad I said about Monster Monpiece not having funny dialog
B1UQC-CCAAAya7W.jpg

There's a lot of factors at play here too. It's Friday night, so either people are playing or they are enjoying the night somewhere, it's Halloween and everything. I say in with the new out with old. Start a new thread, drop the link here for those who are away and we carry on there.

After playing more of Freedom Wars, I'm still upset that some subset of gamers dare to classify this as Kusoge. Fuck.

This is amazing, and the graphics/image quality are insane.

Top Bottom