• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | October 2014

AsfaeksBR

Any idea when we'll receive the $15 code for the "Spend $100 Get $15 Back"?
I really want to pre-order AC Unity, and I'm $15 short on my wallet

Renpatsu

There's always so much vagueness and uncertainty about Vita that it makes anticipating a release or trying to plan purchases difficult. From SCEA/SCEE always being dodgy about region, compatibility and cross buy specifics, to whether your import will need an online pass or really does have English text, to PSP games being for sale but not compatible, to letting all the 99 cent Crash & Spyro games pass you by thinking "nah... they'll never be compatible", to kickstarter games with Vita tiers that barely make it or fail, to Sly 3 being a download code, to wondering what apps are on PS TV or if it will get any, to not knowing if the Vita will be around much longer for almost the entire time it's been out etc.
All of this makes owning a Vita so much more difficult than it ever should be.

SerTapTap

There's always so much vagueness and uncertainty about Vita that it makes anticipating a release or trying to plan purchases difficult. From SCEA/SCEE always being dodgy about region, compatibility and cross buy specifics, to whether your import will need an online pass or really does have English text, to PSP games being for sale but not compatible, to letting all the 99 cent Crash & Spyro games pass you by thinking "nah... they'll never be compatible", to kickstarter games with Vita tiers that barely make it or fail, to Sly 3 being a download code, to wondering what apps are on PS TV or if it will get any, to not knowing if the Vita will be around much longer for almost the entire time it's been out etc.

What's fucking crazy is not all of this is unreasonably expensive stuff--PS TV could have been delayed like, a month and released with functional remote play and a better compatibility list and it would have reviewed much better. There's no sane reason for the Asian version's crazy pseudo-region lock. And at this point I don't ever expect to actually get all digital PSP/PS1 games on Vita, but they could just say why they are missing, that would be enough. It's unbelievable how little effort they expend sometimes. Surely actually designing the PS TV hardware was far more of an investment than being a little more clear in your PR would be.

SerTapTap

I noticed last night that in Futuridium EP Deluxe, the "destroy block" sound effect is distorted to the point of being painful on the Gold headset while wireless, but pretty much the same thing I hear over my speakers when using wired on the same headset. Anyone else have weird sound issues over wireless? I mean, wired was always better, but this was pretty extreme, but maybe it's just a very specific sound range that doesn't play nice?

Snookie

So I haven't played Walking Dead season 2 yet. I was kinda waiting for a sale and I also got a vita. I played season 1 on my pc. I was curious if I can make choices from the pc version to the vita or does any of that even matter?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
It's most likely not cross-buy, but both versions will be free on PS+. The Nicalis guy said so on Tumblr.
Oh thank god. As long as I get the Vita version next week I'll be happy.

Strange for it to not be cross buy though. What's the logic behind this? I highly doubt many people are going to buy two copies. All this really does is make the game lose a selling point.

ZeroAKA

Oh thank god. As long as I get the Vita version next week I'll be happy.

Strange for it to not be cross buy though. What's the logic behind this? I highly doubt many people are going to buy two copies. All this really does is make the game lose a selling point.
Frozen Synapse Prime PS3 isn't cross-buy with the Vita version either, and I'm not sure if the Vita version will be free for PS+ like with BoI:R.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Frozen Synapse Prime PS3 isn't cross-buy with the Vita version either, and I'm not sure if the Vita version will be free for PS+ like with BoI:R.
That I already knew about. Lack of the Vita version is disappointing there but I can get over it as long as I have Isaac on Vita.

JimPanzer

so I just bought the season pass for the 2nd season of walking dead for vita but the first episode is not showing up in the store for me, da fuq? wanted to play this on halloween :(

autoduelist

I read on Polygon this morning that Wii U sales are up over 100% in each region. Iwata credits the sales surge to their upcoming line up of games. Reading it, I couldn't help but think about the Vita and Sony's quick decisions to toss away any device that doesn't sell (Move, PlayStation Eye, etc). As much as I enjoy Sony's game consoles, I'm actually not sure if I'd buy a Vita successor (assuming they would actually make one). Dropping support for a peripheral is one thing, but doing so for a platform not even four years after launch is just disheartening. At least we're getting res0gun, I guess?

/rant.

To be fair, "sales are up 100%" sounds better than it actually is for an already troubled system. Doubling sales like wouldn't have been good enough to 'save' the vita and I'm sure Nintendo wishes it was quadruple or more and not just double too.

In fact, didn't vita sales increase over 300% last month in the US? Something like 6k to 20k?

The market didn't want AAA games on a handheld. I actually think Sony went to great lengths pushing the vita... it kept trying new angles till it found ones that actually seems to sell - indies, localizations, and (maybe?) remote play.

I can almost reach out and touch the sarcasm it's so thick lol.
I agree, though. I'll be pretty shocked if morpheus lasts more than 3 years. I'm guessing it will go off the market before VR makes it's actual break into mainstream audiences.

First gen of any tech always comes with it's share of issues, and often is just paving the roads before mainstream acceptance (it does sometimes take the market by storm, just rarely). I mean, think how many gens of phones there were before smartphones really hit their own. I just hope Morpheus works and is fun. I won't be buying it due to lack of gaming time, either way.

SerTapTap

The what?

The initial Vita TV release was "region locked" in that only Japanese/other asian accounts would work. Technically you could play any cart game but your digital games and general western account were useless. Only a bit before the PS TV's western release was it made to work basically just like a normal Vita, which is what one would have probably expected it to act like from day one.

Duster

Ugh the fucking download list, why won't Sony improve it?

I spent ages looking for for The Unfinished Swan on my Vita's download list as I had already bought it for the PS3, with 200+ items I just scanned them by looking for entries with the download bubble next to them but I couldn't find it.
So I scrolled back up looking more carefully and eventually found two entries for the game but no download option.
So I had to go to it's store page and download from there, sure I I could have gone straight there but I wanted to look for other games too, something that would have been much easier if you could filter out games you can't even download on the Vita.

Tapejara

To be fair, "sales are up 100%" sounds better than it actually is for an already troubled system. Doubling sales like wouldn't have been good enough to 'save' the vita and I'm sure Nintendo wishes it was quadruple or more and not just double too.

In fact, didn't vita sales increase over 300% last month in the US? Something like 6k to 20k?

The market didn't want AAA games on a handheld. I actually think Sony went to great lengths pushing the vita... it kept trying new angles till it found ones that actually seems to sell - indies, localizations, and (maybe?) remote play.

Of course, I didn't mean to imply that Wii U sales were actually good, but the systems is certainly seeing an improvement thanks to new games. Is it ever going to be a hit? No, but at least Nintendo isn't dropping nearly all internal development.

And as I've mentioned before, Sony has a history with this kind of thing; they don't commit to a product unless it sells well or has a big impact on their business (PS3). One could argue that a company shouldn't support a struggling product, but considering the Vita was one of Sony's flagship gaming devices, it's quite off putting that they would just cut internal game development so quickly.

First gen of any tech always comes with it's share of issues, and often is just paving the roads before mainstream acceptance (it does sometimes take the market by storm, just rarely). I mean, think how many gens of phones there were before smartphones really hit their own. I just hope Morpheus works and is fun. I won't be buying it due to lack of gaming time, either way.

Edit: Lol, I wrote out a reply to your post but I must have accidentally deleted it when I was writing the reply to Duster below.

Ugh the fucking download list, why won't Sony improve it?

I spent ages looking for for The Unfinished Swan on my Vita's download list as I had already bought it for the PS3, with 200+ items I just scanned them by looking for entries with the download bubble next to them but I couldn't find it.
So I scrolled back up looking more carefully and eventually found two entries for the game but no download option.
So I had to go to it's store page and download from there, sure I I could have gone straight there but I wanted to look for other games too, something that would have been much easier if you could filter out games you can't even download on the Vita.

They've cleaned up the download list quite a bit on PS4. You can actually filter it by games, apps and there's even different sorting options. Hopefully we'll get a similar fix on Vita as well. I wouldn't mind a "Library" app similar to that on PS4.

It's just that dicktease process that has me annoyed more than actually caring about Minecraft.

Great post.

deadfolk

The initial Vita TV release was "region locked" in that only Japanese/other asian accounts would work. Technically you could play any cart game but your digital games and general western account were useless. Only a bit before the PS TV's western release was it made to work basically just like a normal Vita, which is what one would have probably expected it to act like from day one.

Aah, I see. You had me worried, because I just ordered an Asian unit from play-asia. Thanks for the clarification.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

Don't believe the bullshits, wasn't the PSP full of "AAA"(handhelds-scale) games?
Do you think that people wouldn't throw money for games like Dissidia 3, Crisis Core 2, Type 1 or even Fallout 4, GTA 6, or even Uncharted Golden Abyss, Wipeout 2048 etc on 3ds or IOS?

Vita was hated since the announcement because the PSP was a success(80 millions sold last time i checked), some people feared that a PSP2 could be on par or even surpass the 3ds(ending decades of Nintendo's handheld domain), could give problems to IOS gaming-wise(i will never understand why Vita is considered a IOS concurrent...) and could convince Sony to spend less money on PS3/4.

Already before its release Vita was said to be doomed and without games despite the big launch lineup and the promised games, people never saw Vita as a console with a long life and not only Sony did absolutely NOTHING to change people's mind, but also reinforced their beliefs with e3 absences, lack of ads, and recently openly saying that Vita will not have first party support.

As NinjamicWZ noticed everything regarding Vita still is or is perceived as uncertain, and that's what stops people from buying Vita, but at Sony are so dense to not understand this.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
The PSP was also released a long time ago. Markets change.

Again:
Do you think that people wouldn't throw money for games like Dissidia 3, Crisis Core 2, Type 1 or even Fallout 4, GTA 6, or even Uncharted Golden Abyss, Wipeout 2048 etc on 3ds or IOS?

wilflare

ModBot said:
Instructions for wilflare:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=904628.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (wilflare, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Evolve Big Alpha PS4 #2 -- MB-08D54674B327D03E - Taken by Zhao_Yun. 1 entrants total.
Evolve Big Alpha PS4 #3 -- MB-8A32DFF58D161932 - Taken by ev0. 1 entrants total.
Evolve Big Alpha PS4 #1 -- MB-9651B5DC3FF8B401 - Taken by blahness. 1 entrants total.
Evolve Big Alpha PS4 #4 -- MB-8631BCEF68C2CEC0 - Taken by Wynnebeck. 1 entrants total.
Evolve Big Alpha PS4 #5 -- MB-1D2E859935CEEAA8 - Taken by HowardRoark. 1 entrants total.

t1414778291z1.png

keys #1-3 are from Tapejara, #4-5 are from me
have a go at it guys :D

incpdo

Don't believe the bullshits, wasn't the PSP full of "AAA"(handhelds-scale) games?

Vita was hated since the announcement because the PSP was a success(80 millions sold last time i checked), some people feared that a PSP2 could be on par or even surpass the 3ds(ending decades of Nintendo's handheld domain), could give problems to IOS gaming-wise(i will never understand why Vita is considered a IOS concurrent...) and could convince Sony to spend less money on PS3/4.

Already before its release Vita was said to be doomed and without games despite the big launch lineup and the promised games, people never saw Vita as a console with a long life and not only Sony did absolutely NOTHING to change people's mind, but also reinforced their beliefs with e3 absences, lack of ads, and recently openly saying that Vita will not have first party support.

As NinjamicWZ noticed everything regarding Vita still is or is perceived as uncertain, and that's what stops people from buying Vita, but at Sony are so dense to not understand this.

Vita is a success to me as a player. i have almost 300 games, almost 200 are vita games. I just bought the console for 2 games (Wipeout 2048 and Gravity Rush)...
Buying games for this console is damn addictive , i have 3ds , and i cannot say the same about that console , even when the 3ds has a lot of content, Vita content is just my cup of tea.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Vita is a success to me as a player. i have almost 300 games, almost 200 are vita games. I just bought the console for 2 games (Wipeout 2048 and Gravity Rush)...
Buying games for this console is damn addictive , i have 3ds , and i cannot say the same about that console , even when the 3ds has a lot of content, Vita content is just my cup of tea.

I love my Vita too :)

I waited for every piece of leak before its announcement, i have waited impatiently for the release and i bought it at d1(never bought a console at d1) and since then it's my main console(my only console is more correct since the PS3 is collecting dust in my closet).

But that doesn't change the disappointment for what Vita could have been(or could be) if at Sony weren't so dumb.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Which is what makes the whole thing so depressing. Vita is the best handheld ever made and has a killer game lineup by handheld standards. Yet it could have been so much more. Best handheld ever but not even close to living up to its potential. Imagine the exact same thing we have now except with lots of AAA games as well. Imagine a Vita with continued major first and third party support. What we have now is still great, but it's depressing how much more we could have had if people just embraced the system and if Sony tried harder.

incpdo

I love my Vita too :)

I waited for every piece of leak before its announcement, i have waited impatiently for the release and i bought it at d1(never bought a console at d1) and since then it's my main console(my only console is more correct since the PS3 is collecting dust in my closet).

But that doesn't change the disappointment for what Vita could have been(or could be) if at Sony weren't so dumb.

Im actually agreeing to this , dont get me wrong im just stating my money was worthy on this console , it is a shame about what could be , im maybe a fool but still have hope (im being serious), japan loves the Vita , maybe not as much as the 3ds ,but come on , is the second best selling console there (aside some low weeks recently). Maybe we will encounter some random game like Monster Hunter was at the time that would be a must for everyone just like when PSP was in the middle of its lifespan and Monster Hunter came. That changed everything. I still have hope becouse the Freedom Wars release was not bad at all , and is one of the last AAA games on the console. I think is selling well on the western seas( at least better than average) , maybe im wrong but i think people is seeing the potential in this game . lets hope more and more people buy this kind of stuff.
Oreshika is the last official AAA game on the console even when is more a AA. I think another Muramasa would be possible on Vita , i think another Gravity Rush(althou probably not an exclusive game) will do great on the west. IDK. I think the only vita savior is Us. And we need to speak with our wallets and continuing enjoying this console. Vita's attach rate is really high, i dont know anybody who owns a Vita with only 1 game in it. We are the saviors. Time will speak for itself. I think most of all , the Vita murderer , was the constant negativty of the gamers. We could kill it, its alive, we can save it! Go VITA GAF! for Freedom!!

Benedict

Seems like something messed up Zen Studios sale for The Walking Dead table for Zen Pinball 2 in EU....
( my guess: it's SCEE)
So they offered some codes via twitter instead.

Zen Studios ‏@zen_studios 2h2 hours ago
We weren't able to do a PSN sale in Europe for Zen Pinball 2, but we have codes to drop for #TheWalkingDead and Doctor Strange! Ready??

They might do some more drops now. This is only for the EU PSN stores.
US PSN had no trouble with the sale, so it should be active there.
Go support them.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I still have hope becouse the Freedom Wars release was not bad at all , and is one of the last AAA games on the console.
Eh Freedom Wars was not well received in Japan and definitely did not create an MH effect for Vita. The only thing at this point that could do that would probably be MH5 itself.

Personally the PSP/DS were never about Sony or Nintendo first party titles for me so in that regard the Vita has done amazingly well as a true successor to the PSP with the wealth of 3rd party support it's received. Certain genres perform better on Vita than 3DS and honestly despite the smaller userbase developers can still sell as many units as they probably reasonably could've hoped to on another platform (Vita versions of crossplatform titles also consistently beat their PS3 counterparts). Basically releasing a game on the Vita can still be profitable despite its current "situation".

incpdo

Eh Freedom Wars was not well received in Japan and definitely did not create an MH effect for Vita. The only thing at this point that could do that would probably be MH5 itself.

Personally the PSP/DS were never about Sony or Nintendo first party titles for me so in that regard the Vita has done amazingly well as a true successor to the PSP with the wealth of 3rd party support it's received. Certain genres perform better on Vita than 3DS and honestly despite the smaller userbase developers can still sell as many units as they probably reasonably could've hoped to on another platform (Vita versions of crossplatform titles also consistently beat their PS3 counterparts). Basically releasing a game on the Vita can still be profitable despite its current "situation".

i dont see 250k, at lunch in japan, (the second biggest lunch on Vita)as not well received. im not saying it will do a monster hunter effect but people is reallizing there are other games besides monster hunter. Freedom Wars is a new IP. And is doing well in general. even when the japanese people complain about some things there was some patches that fix most of the complains. I personally think is an excellent game , worth of its price which is the same as two overpriced indie games. This is a AAA title.
As long as Vita makes profits for the devs , vita will do well and will live longer even when its destiny is being a super indie machine with some niche games and a small base of AAA titles.

Changing the subject. A friend of mine Said Resogun is coming to Vita , is this true?

SerTapTap

Aah, I see. You had me worried, because I just ordered an Asian unit from play-asia. Thanks for the clarification.

Yeah it's safe now, but wasn't for those of us at launch. Had to refuse the shipment from Play Asia since it shipped right before people started reporting it wouldn't work

Benedict

Somebody else than me who has received email regarding November's plus games?
Only three games mentioned.
Frozen Synapse
Isaac
Hungry Horde

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
i dont see 250k, at lunch in japan, (the second biggest lunch on Vita)as not well received. im not saying it will do a monster hunter effect but people is reallizing there are other games besides monster hunter. Freedom Wars is a new IP. And is doing well in general. even when the japanese people complain about some things there was some patches that fix most of the complains. I personally think is an excellent game , worth of its price which is the same as two overpriced indie games. This is a AAA title.
As long as Vita makes profits for the devs , vita will do well and will live longer even when its destiny is being a super indie machine with some niche games and a small base of AAA titles.
Oh I'm not speaking for or against the quality of the game itself, just the reception it had. Initial sales are based on hype and say nothing for the overall reception of the game. It ended up being nominated as shit game of the year and has poor user reviews, which I would call a poor reception.

incpdo

Oh I'm not speaking for or against the quality of the game itself, just the reception it had. Initial sales are based on hype and say nothing for the overall reception of the game. It ended up being nominated as shit game of the year and has poor user reviews, which I would call a poor reception.

you are speaking before or after the patch? and you should take a look at western reviews of the game too, you might be surprised.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
you are speaking before or after the patch? and you should take a look at western reviews of the game too, you might be surprised.
AFAIK post-patches. From what I've heard they still haven't fixed core game balance issues and the story is supposedly incomplete. I wouldn't be surprised by reviews because the game was hugely popular for the first week or two in Japan too until players reached the latter part of the game where problems become more apparent. Once again only making an observation about the reception and not dictating whether or not you should enjoy the game.

Either way the damage has been done in terms of public opinion and my original point was that FW didn't really do anything for the Vita long-term. The expanded version might be a much better game but it's questionable if enough players of the original will even give it a chance.

Tapejara

Prepping for the new Miku by downloading Diva f Vita. I've only played the PS3 demo prior and I figure now's as good a time as any to play the full game. Thank you heroine sale.

You know I love my Vita, and go crazy on buying for it too... the problems I laid out mostly won't affect the majority of people who own one, but my commitment to the system is precisely why I encounter all the offbeat problems.

Top Bottom