• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | October 2014

Shizuka

iHrxNA0wcrBYN.png

Game of the Month voting will end tonight (October 30) at 11:59 PDT. If you want to vote your favorite Vita/PS4/PS3 game that was released in the month of October, today is your last chance! You have one of two options: either PM me on GAF (which I would prefer) or tweet/DM me on Twitter (@whoiszero). Format the PM as such:

Any incorrectly formatted PMs may be ignored. Good luck!

Expected to find the currently winning game here, didn't you? I guess you'll just have to wait a bit longer. ;)

I'm gonna pass. I didn't buy a single October Playstation game during this month and I don't think Pix the Cat is worth my vote.

TOTP: Follow your heart, buy that game you've wanted for ages.

ZeroAKA

Slightly off-topic, but Sony did a really good job with that Sackboy endless runner for mobile devices. Everything about it feels like a real LBP game. I'm impressed.

Hikami

So is the second Corpse Party game any good? Already played the first one a while ago and thinking of getting Book of Shadows since its on sale.
(Rather not Google since I'd end up probably spoiling something)

Shizuka

So is the second Corpse Party game any good? Already played the first one a while ago and thinking of getting Book of Shadows since its on sale.
(Rather not Google since I'd end up probably spoiling something)

I loved it myself. It's not your typical direct sequel, but it'll spook you just the same. Gameplay is like VLR, though.

Slightly off-topic, but Sony did a really good job with that Sackboy endless runner for mobile devices. Everything about it feels like a real LBP game. I'm impressed.

They did a bad job of releasing it on schedule for Vita though (October's pretty much over, it's nowhere to be found).

Boo-urns.

antibolo

Banned
asw "europe" fucking sucks, why are they unable to release some games (guilty gear whatever for vita) and why only in half of europe (not interested but it pisses me off that i can't buy their games)

In Canada we never got Magical Beat.

Arc System Works just seems to deliberately sabotage their digital releases at this point. It's not just incompetency, they're the only company who does this sort of nonsense where they release a game only in some countries of a given region. They must be going out of their way to do this bullshit, there's just no other explanation, or else we would see this sort of thing with other companies too.

And they pulled that shit on XBLA as well so it's not just PSN. Guilty Gear on 360 is also available only for a random-ass subset of countries.

Shizuka

Today the European PlayStation Store posted up a new trailer for PS Vita’s htoLNiQ: The Firefly Diary. While it’s identical in content to the one released in July, there is one major difference: a release shift from a fall window to February 23, 2015.

There’s reason to doubt the legitimacy of this date. The 23rd is a Monday and neither of the western PlayStation Stores update on that day. The frame itself looks temporary, with the guides aiding the editor in centring the shot. That said, we’re in late October and there hasn’t been a lot of new information for the game’s western release. A delay into 2015 looks pretty likely.

htoLNiQ: The Firefly Diary is an action-adventure puzzle game about a young girl named Mion. With her memory lost, players take on the role of a firefly and guide the girl through the treacherous ruins they find themselves trapped in. Through this journey players uncover the truth about the mysterious girl’s past. htoLNiQ: The Firefly Diary launched in Japan on June 19th.

We reached out to NIS America for comment but as press time haven’t received a response. We’ll update this post if we do.

Source: PSNStores.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
In Canada we never got Magical Beat.

Arc System Works just seems to deliberately sabotage their digital releases at this point. It's not just incompetency, they're the only company who does this sort of nonsense where they release a game only in some countries of a given region. They must be going out of their way to do this bullshit, there's just no other explanation, or else we would see this sort of thing with other companies too.

And they pulled that shit on XBLA as well so it's not just PSN. Guilty Gear on 360 is also available only for a random-ass subset of countries.
Yeah, they are among the worst. I can't even contact their European branch because I believe their European website and Twitter is actually run by Zen United/pqube. And they don't even publish their games anymore... but the Twitter account is still active... uh. I've tried mailing and tweeting different mail addresses and Twitter handles but no response.
And I do recall the 360 game was unavailable way back but I didn't think much of it. And all European PSN stores are missing the PS3 and PSV native Guilty Gear games in addition to Magical Beat (possibly more), and then there's the games that are available, but that tier 2 countries can't buy, like Chaos Code and Blazblue Chronophantasma (released digital only). XBlaze is still nowhere to be seen. I'm not a big fighting gamer but this stuff just makes my blood boil.
Thankfully NISA Europe managed to get a hold of some of their games, so those are in safe hands.

edit: bbcp eu didn't even get all the dlc lol

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks to the confusion and communication barrier, I don't think I can import it in good faith until I finally see someone take a picture of the actual cart.

mstevens

Question!

I don't play games just for trophies, but I do always like to have one game that I'm working on the trophies for (must be my inner JRPG/MMO ideals showing). Looking for a game that I can trophy grind away at between regular destiny play sessions. Been doing that with FF14 and Diablo 3, but I just platinumed both of them and I'd like to get something new to work towards.

Trying to decide between Gravity Rush, Freedom Wars (heard the plat for this might be hard?) or even FFVIII just because I've never played it, and that grind would fill the same gap in my rotation. Really itching to play a japanese game right now (and reaaalllly wishing something Phantasy Starish was available on Vita or PS4)

Any suggestions? For Vita I've already done Persona 4, FFX/X-2, Danganronpa (I spoiled 2 on accident, so not sure if I want to spend the time playing it now). Would love some sort of JRPG or ARPG game with a realistic platinum skill wise.

Question!

I don't play games just for trophies, but I do always like to have one game that I'm working on the trophies for (must be my inner JRPG/MMO ideals showing). Looking for a game that I can trophy grind away at between regular destiny play sessions. Been doing that with FF14 and Diablo 3, but I just platinumed both of them and I'd like to get something new to work towards.

Trying to decide between Gravity Rush, Freedom Wars (heard the plat for this might be hard?) or even FFVIII just because I've never played it, and that grind would fill the same gap in my rotation. Really itching to play a japanese game right now (and reaaalllly wishing something Phantasy Starish was available on Vita or PS4)

Definitely Gravity Rush, its platinum is easy though you'll be stuck at like 67%~ because of the DLC trophies.

Tapejara

I read on Polygon this morning that Wii U sales are up over 100% in each region. Iwata credits the sales surge to their upcoming line up of games. Reading it, I couldn't help but think about the Vita and Sony's quick decisions to toss away any device that doesn't sell (Move, PlayStation Eye, etc). As much as I enjoy Sony's game consoles, I'm actually not sure if I'd buy a Vita successor (assuming they would actually make one). Dropping support for a peripheral is one thing, but doing so for a platform not even four years after launch is just disheartening. At least we're getting res0gun, I guess?

/rant.

Flandy

I read on Polygon this morning that Wii U sales are up over 100% in each region. Iwata credits the sales surge to their upcoming line up of games. Reading it, I couldn't help but think about the Vita and Sony's quick decisions to toss away any device that doesn't sell (Move, PlayStation Eye, etc). As much as I enjoy Sony's game consoles, I'm actually not sure if I'd buy a Vita successor (assuming they would actually make one). Dropping support for a peripheral is one thing, but doing so for a platform not even four years after launch is just disheartening. At least we're getting res0gun, I guess?

/rant.

Yes you would

alice

Question!

Any suggestions? For Vita I've already done Persona 4, FFX/X-2, Danganronpa (I spoiled 2 on accident, so not sure if I want to spend the time playing it now). Would love some sort of JRPG or ARPG game with a realistic platinum skill wise.

If you like those, I'd recommend Virtue's Last Reward... to get the platinum trophy, you have to complete all the endings, but it's not hard. Playing 999 before it is nice, but not absolutely required.

Takao

Banned

/rant.

buy morpheus day 1 i'm sure sony will support that well they have a great history of delivering on content that isn't their main focus

Tapejara

buy morpheus day 1 i'm sure sony will support that well they have a great history of delivering on content that isn't their main focus

I feel bad for anyone that buys Morpheus lol. You know Sony's going to drop support after like four games.

I can almost reach out and touch the sarcasm it's so thick lol.
I agree, though. I'll be pretty shocked if morpheus lasts more than 3 years. I'm guessing it will go off the market before VR makes it's actual break into mainstream audiences.

killatopak

Gold Member
okay can someone explain this to me please?

I just got my Turtle Beach PS4 Chat Cable and I use it in the following way
ASTRO Mixamp Pro 2013 XBL Chat Output > TB PS4 Chat Cable > DS4
- I use a separate power source for the USB connection (not plugged to the PS4)

In this configuration, my voice commands work perfectly! everything gets detected without a hitch.

HOWEVER, if I were to NOT use the TB PS4 Chat Cable and plug the ASTRO USB directly to the PS4

my voice commands DO NOT work - and they do no get detected
My voice is heard on party chat though.

Can someone please explain to me what's going on? Is there something inherently wrong with my Mixamp? (it happens with my two Mixamps - one's a replacement)

too technical for vitagaf. I'd recommend making a thread.

JON4495

Logged in today and noticed The Last Tinker had a new update. I tried googling the OT but couldn't find it so I hope its okay to post about it here.

I think quite a few people held off buying this at launch because of the very bad performance issues so this might be of interest to them.

The patch notes said "General Framerate Increase throughout game" and "Frame rate option between 60 FPS variable or stable 30 FPS via vertical synchronization". There was also something about a rope bug fix and a shader either in or on the tower.

Why do you guys want a physical version of Minecraft so badly

Because humans tend to want what they can't have :p. For real guys when it first came out Minecraft didn't even have a disc, it was a little download. I'm not even a fan of the game, but if I was, I'd want to have it on my system at all times so I could just open it up whenever I wanted.

jwk94

Are the DLC trophies hard? Or just the paywall aspect of it.

I actually have Gravity Rush right now because of PS+. Also haven't touched Dragon's Crown,

They're mostly easy. The final DLC (can't remember the name) released had a challenge where you had to rack up a certain amount of points in this level and I couldn't get it despite getting every other trophy.

Top Bottom